Fashionware! pls

+
OMG!
I hope it's possible to customize our character with most of these options.
I want light Techhair and light Tattoos, please CD! :cry:

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Fashionware

Types of Fashionware

Biomonitor: A favorite of Solos and Corporates, this is an under-skin display mounted on the forearm. It provides a real-time readout of common body functions like heart rate, blood pressure, blood chemistry, brainwave activity, temperature, cholesterol levels and a number of other bodily functions.

Advanced Biomonitor: A more detailed version of the common biomonitor. The readout is not limited to a forearm display, as it can be fed into cyberoptics or broadcast to a remote receiver. It is most often used by militaries or corporations who want to monitor troops/workers remotely. The transmitter has a range of a about a mile.

Skinwatch: A precursor to the biomonitor, it is the same except that its functions are limited to that of a simple digital timepiece.

Light Tattoos: Light tattoos are quite common. They appear identical to normal tattoos, except that they use chemicals that can emit light. They do not require batteries. Energy is absorbed from ambient light during the day and re-emitted at night. Just as with conventional tattoos, the quality varies greatly. Some are basic shapes and some are very intricate and detailed.

Shift-tacts: Contact lenses that offer a cheap alternative to expensive cyberoptics. They can have some novel effects, like shifting color based on mood, patterned logos, or exotic colors (including reflective metallic).

ChemSkins: These are dyes that can be rubbed into the skin, like body paint. They can change the skin color to any human shade, or more exotic shades and patterns. Want your skin to look like a Leopard? Or a Crocodile? The patterns can be very vibrant and detailed. The patterns can even react to ambient temperature or your moods. Chemskins can be temporary, long-term, or permanent depending on the variety.

Synthskins: These are an upgrade from Chemskins. They are actually embedded into the real skin and contain a display layer that can emit light and patterns. Synthskins can display a number of special effects.

Techhair: Artificial hair with properties similar to synthskin. Tech hair can be any color, can emit light like light tattoos, or change tension (so you could make it stand straight up when you are angry, for example). It can completely replace your real hair or be added to real hair (like a weave). (And yes, it can also be used on any part of the body)

Flashlight/Strobe Implant: A specialized synthskin implant designed to function as a common flashlight. It is also bright enough to dazzle (blind) people. Workers in dark environments (undersea, for example) often use them. They can be implanted anywhere, but finders/palms/forearms are most common. It is bright enough to require battery power.

Kill Display: A simple synthskin display that is on all the time, like a skinwatch. Except that it displays kills or other threat-display stuff. It can, of course, be updated in real time. The display is a few inches and can be mounted on any part of the body. Of course, it will be a part of the body viewable by the public. Otherwise, what's the point? (The display is on the honor system...nobody is going around auditing people's kill displays)

Subdermal Viewscreen: This is a marquee style display, otherwise similar to a biomonitor screen.

See-It™ Transparent Skin: A specialized synthskin that is transparent. It presumably filters any radiation (such as UV) that would be dangerous to internal organs. It is more easily damaged by light than real skin, however. While it has an obvious cool factor, most people do not find exposed organs and muscle tissue hot.

Mood Skin: A type of synthskin that changes color based on your moods. It has been banned in most countries because the chemicals it uses are toxic.

Turn-On Nails: Fake nails with properties similar to synthskin.

Show-On Nails: A more advanced version of Turn on Nails.

Logo-Line Tattoos: Specialized light tattoos (or shaped synthskin) featuring media or corporate logos.

TVSkin: Similar to a biomonitor, but will display HD TV signals as well. It requires battery power and a basic neural processor.

Last edited:
You do realize the amount of artwork, and in some cases animation, required would be rather significant (like hundreds if not thousands of hours)?

You do realize the amount of artwork, and in some cases animation, required would be rather significant (like hundreds if not thousands of hours)?

yeah your obviously right there, and that is sad to me as it lowers the chance to get some of this mostly useless (combat / progressing wise) but awesome stuff. but i do expect to see 1 or too of these options to pop up - talking about "slightly" high expectations ^^

Everybody expect Tattoos, it would be nice to surprise them. "Hey, this is Cyberpunk, Tattoos are passe"

The more customization options the better, I believe some of those things have already been shown in preview footage in some form (light tattoos and chrome skin at least). Personally I am hoping to see some of the exotic fashion options make an appearance however I am not sure how likely that one is as it may be a little more out there

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Exotics

What are you CDPR's accountant or something? I don't think anyone is underestimating the amount of work that goes into a video game and it ultimately is up to the developers what parts of the game get resources allocated to them and which ideas get scrapped regardless of what we the players of the game might like to see. Yes I am sure stuff like this does take time and resources to develop but then so does everything else in the game. I am sure if CDPR wanted to save costs then they could just cut everything down to the bare essentials but then again it is often those little extra details that make the world come to life. I get that it is not our place to say that these things must be included or to tell CDPR where to spend their resources, but then again I don't really think it is your place to say that these things are outside of the scope of the game and that CDPR must stick to the bare essentials.

Hey queen i am pretty sure Suhiira just wanted to temper expectations.
and he had a vaild point. no reason to feel attact, were all adults here and can have a civil disussion with different viewpoint without having it escalate.

The idea of Fasionware / Exotics / ect is awesome & the more the better imho

but off course with limited ressources it is clear that we wouldn´t get everything we possibly what and it is good to keep that in mind so that the game does not fall victim to beeing over hyped but to be judged on it´s merits / flaws it will have not those that we wished it had.

thats all, have a nice day ;)

The more customization options the better, I believe some of those things have already been shown in preview footage in some form (light tattoos and chrome skin at least). Personally I am hoping to see some of the exotic fashion options make an appearance however I am not sure how likely that one is as it may be a little more out there.

We have spoken about Exotics. It might be on the table so to speak.

I think Posers is more fun than Exotics. Posers basically try to look like some celebs. Imagine banging some girl who looked like Gaga for example. If CDPR wants to take this path, Rihanna wound be good choice imho.

Last edited:
The only piece of fashion i care about is the neon girdle & codpiece set that will sheath my character's enormous cybernetic prehensile mantis member. Lights pulse, smoke is emitted, and it plays the Final Countdown tune when it opens forth.

If that doesn't give me top street cred and cool factor then game engine is broke. It should also immediately stun all low level enemies within viewing range.

Actually quite the opposite.
Most people have no idea how much work, and how many different skills are needed to make a video game.

Maybe, but then some people are prone to overestimate the work some features would take to implement or underestimate the scope of the game, a lot of what is listed in that Fashionware list would not really take that much to implement (relatively speaking of course in regards to other things that will be included in the game), sure there are some things that would be a little more difficult like the transparent skin (though not completely outside the realm of possibility) but other things on the list would not be as difficult as you might expect and in some cases have already been shown in the game.

Biomonitor is essentially a heads up display (and we are going to need some sort of HUD in the game), light tattoos have already been shown to be a part of character creation, pretty sure T-bug already looks like she is using some form of shift-tacts and we have already seen some form of skin modification with that chrome lady in the first reveal trailer, other things like the Kill Display are just variants on other things like the light tattoos.

The more customization options the better, I believe some of those things have already been shown in preview footage in some form (light tattoos and chrome skin at least). Personally I am hoping to see some of the exotic fashion options make an appearance however I am not sure how likely that one is as it may be a little more out there

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Exotics

What are you CDPR's accountant or something? I don't think anyone is underestimating the amount of work that goes into a video game and it ultimately is up to the developers what parts of the game get resources allocated to them and which ideas get scrapped regardless of what we the players of the game might like to see. Yes I am sure stuff like this does take time and resources to develop but then so does everything else in the game. I am sure if CDPR wanted to save costs then they could just cut everything down to the bare essentials but then again it is often those little extra details that make the world come to life. I get that it is not our place to say that these things must be included or to tell CDPR where to spend their resources, but then again I don't really think it is your place to say that these things are outside of the scope of the game and that CDPR must stick to the bare essentials.

Exactly, there are plenty of people who are already employed to determine what developers can and cannot afford to include in a game. We don't need to do that work for them. Imagine walking into a job interview and saying "I'd of course like this amount, but you guys are running a business here so I'd be fine with 15% less."

Cyberpunk as a game is all about decisions, but as a universe it's all about style. These options would be a nice way to make our characters unique from one another.

Games of course take a ton of work. That's why the process should be 1. the fans voice what they want, 2. the developers communicate what they're able to do, and 3. the fans give feedback without needless complaining. I do not know when step 1.5 - some fans jump in to temper expectations on behalf of a company they neither work for nor know the inner workings of - became a part of the process.

The only piece of fashion i care about is the neon girdle & codpiece set that will sheath my character's enormous cybernetic prehensile mantis member. Lights pulse, smoke is emitted, and it plays the Final Countdown tune when it opens forth.

If that doesn't give me top street cred and cool factor then game engine is broke. It should also immediately stun all low level enemies within viewing range.
That's... wow.

Nathan Fillian.gif

I'm pretty sure they'll implement the most iconic / usefull and trash the rest.
Cyberpunk 2077 would look kinda bland if all the augment you can buy are "super military grade implants" without the soccer-mom casual and funny cyberweave such as portable radios or lcd screen to watch your favourite show on the road.
It's part of the augment's charm IMO.

Top Bottom