Fast and furious

+
Fast and furious

I have been reading a lot about this achievement and people seem to think that it is bugged. I on the other do not. There are other races than the ones you have a quest for, for instance the race against Kiera Metz and the race with Ciri and her friend and after killing a certain someone in Velen, during the Cabaret quest for Dandelion you must win a a race for the artist who designs tha placards. Does anyone know of any more of these horse races.

It's working, just make sure you also beat the race with Cleven too. I was able to do it the other day (It's really hard to do so!!!) and got the achievement

I am not saying I am having trouble doing it I was just starting a discussion about it. There is one with Eskel aswell, who is Cleven?

The achievement dropped for me but I have not raced against Eskel or Ciri and her friend. So maybe you only have to win the major races maybe? What is the artist's name again, the one who makes the palcards for Dandelion?

iCake

Forum veteran
All you need for this achievement is win:

Velen races
Skellige races
Vegelbud races
Cleaver race

Nothing else matters. No need for Keira, Lambert, Eskel, Ciri, whatever races to be won.

Since we are at it, this is the only achievement I'm still missing (this and The Professional, which is still bugged for me for some reason...) because it's easy to run off-track in Novigrad (last race).
I was wondering if lowering the difficulty level can make the race easier (I don't know, slower opponents or something). I played the first two runs on Blood and Broken Bones and Death March! and I'm going to play my third run on Death March! again, however, I would gladly play on easier difficulties if it can help me unlock the achievement.

No I do not think the races have any draw on the difficulty. I would suggest getting the saddle from the B&W expansion (it has 90 stamina) and then the races become really easy. You would think that those races with Keira et cetera would have made a difference, it would be cool that way, would it not.

Dwinblade;n8377580 said:
No I do not think the races have any draw on the difficulty. I would suggest getting the saddle from the B&W expansion (it has 90 stamina) and then the races become really easy. You would think that those races with Keira et cetera would have made a difference, it would be cool that way, would it not.

Oh, that's unfortunate. It's probably the most annoying achievement to unlock for me, even "When it's many against one" wasn't as annoying as this one.

eloise;n8377510 said:
Since we are at it, this is the only achievement I'm still missing (this and The Professional, which is still bugged for me for some reason...) because it's easy to run off-track in Novigrad (last race).
I was wondering if lowering the difficulty level can make the race easier (I don't know, slower opponents or something). I played the first two runs on Blood and Broken Bones and Death March! and I'm going to play my third run on Death March! again, however, I would gladly play on easier difficulties if it can help me unlock the achievement.

To be honest, I only won the race because of a bug (one of the riders went off track), and I was able to pick up the pace at the end, despite the fact the other rider had a clear fore on me.
What I can suggest is this, learn the area. There are places where the race go a bit narrow. Those are places to halt and charge up the horse stamina while blocking the other two from moving forward. It needs to be quick though.

It is a very hard race, and I don't think the level of difficulty plays part in this.

ninawindia;n8381500 said:
What I can suggest is this, learn the area. There are places where the race go a bit narrow. Those are places to halt and charge up the horse stamina while blocking the other two from moving forward. It needs to be quick though.

Yep, that's what I tried to do, I even watched a walkthrough on youtube to "anticipate" the path and memorize it while playing. It's hard, and the fact that I need to load the game again and again everytime I lose doesn't help either.

I did not find them to hard but then again I am using Sir Geralt of Rivia's saddle lol, you will get there eventually. Just think soon you will never have to worry about those horse races again lol.

So I just finished all the races on PS4 and no achievement popped up.It is my second playthrough and on both I won the cleaver race 100% (I am very very certain because I had to do it multiple times in order to win it).Makes me a little mad tbh :(

Achievements sometimes take a while to "update"...or...whatever it is that achievements do. If you're certain that you accomplished everything, try logging out / into GOG, Steam, Origin, Microsoft, Sony, etc. Manually enter name and password to log back in. Still no? Give it a day or two, and it may magically appear. Still nothing? Feel free to send it into Support.

(Please keep in mind, though, that certain mods may interfere with achievements if you use them at any point during a playthrough.)

Top Bottom