Fast Passes for Cyberpunk 2077 presentations at Gamescom

+
I started to think about, Magaluf isnt definitely good as you need to book your hotel like 6 month advance at least.

If Cyberpunk were released in 2020 then I might have a chance :(
Best of luck to you all! See you at Gamescom 👍

Is it just me or does it feel like the public reception to this is a bit "underwhelming" a week and a half before GC?

I mean enough people will go to it. I'm guessing the barrier is the additional account (having one in the first place, too) age and post count? I guess most who go don't fit the criteria and most who do, do not go to Gamescom.

Alternatively I think people are not aware of this much :shrug:

Since it's only for active forum users with a certain post count and account age: should we advertise it on Twitter and so on? Or did that happen already?

Just hoping enough people get the opportunity if they fit the criteria before that goes to waste.

To add, still very grateful for this, good move if you ask me, CDPR.

Hello Vattier, im afraid i dont have enough Points, but i would really like to have one of this passes for me and my girlfriend. We are hardcore Witcher fans and im playing Gwent since Beta („Duvvelsheyss“, nickname on Xbox). Also preordered cp2077 and really looking forward to it.
See you next week! 😊

Is it just me or does it feel like the public reception to this is a bit "underwhelming" a week and a half before GC?

I mean enough people will go to it. I'm guessing the barrier is the additional account (having one in the first place, too) age and post count? I guess most who go don't fit the criteria and most who do, do not go to Gamescom.

Alternatively I think people are not aware of this much :shrug:

Since it's only for active forum users with a certain post count and account age: should we advertise it on Twitter and so on? Or did that happen already?

Just hoping enough people get the opportunity if they fit the criteria before that goes to waste.

To add, still very grateful for this, good move if you ask me, CDPR.

Oh yeah, I agree. I expected this thread to blow up a bit. But then again, it's summer time and people might not check these forums as much as they check easy bits of information like on YouTube. Besides, if I'd fit the criteria, I'd go to Gamescom :)

So up until now I count about half a dozen potentially issued passes.

As I really doubt CDPR only had about half a dozen to hand out, I say: Come on folks, get yours, too! Would be a shame if potential "slots" go to waste when people with enough forum cred could get an easy or quicker way in but did not see this yet! Perhaps a round of advertisement is in order?

I did my part on Twitter recently, you can do, too!

Or do I perhaps over-estimate the amount of qualifying users? :shrug:

That is, both those who have an account that is old enough + enough posts AND who will also go to Gamescom.

Either way, whether demand for this is big or not, a huge thanks again. It's a nice little 'bonus' for those with enough 'cred' in here. Some could think it's really a small gesture, but sometimes the small things can mean a lot - or should mean a lot.

oh man, such an opportunity - im even going to gamescom...
but I have neither the account age, nor the posts :(
GL everyone else, see you guys there anyway!

i realy like to see the Cyberpunk evant and hope to get a Fast Passes ticket :)
thank you very much

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I agree. I expected this thread to blow up a bit. But then again, it's summer time and people might not check these forums as much as they check easy bits of information like on YouTube. Besides, if I'd fit the criteria, I'd go to Gamescom :)
I dunno. I would expect the set of people who have 50 + posts AND are going to Gamescom, AND aren't otherwise already going as employees and/or representatives of CDPR, is pretty small.

i realy like to see the Cyberpunk evant and hope to get a Fast Passes ticket :)
thank you very much

As described in the first post, the requirement is that you need a forum account on this forum that has been created before July 2018 (thus is over a year old, at least) and has at least 50 forum posts. But you joined a day ago with one post.

Will there be anything for us at home. Trailers, screen shots, new info?

The way I recall or heard it, or expect it to go down, if you won't hear anything new during Gamescom then either shortly after it or after PAX WEST has concluded (30th August to 2nd September). At the latest you hear new ("relevant") information after roughly 2 weeks have passed. As for the content shown at Gamescom, I assume they will show the same from E3 but perhaps with either slight variations in approach like they did with the 2018 demos, and possibly mention a few changed or new things, and that information will find its way into personal and media reports. So you might hear new things but I still expect the groundbreaking things to be thrown out in force for all to see past the conventions.

I dunno. I would expect the set of people who have 50 + posts AND are going to Gamescom, AND aren't otherwise already going as employees and/or representatives of CDPR, is pretty small.

.....AND have a forum account created before July 2018, that comes additionally. In hindsight checking all the factors I guess it makes sense. The way I recall it the forums here have always been relatively quiet before the "2018 hype" and E3 was around June.

So if you didn't keep track of CP and were not a part of the forum before, you basically had to create an account in the E3 month at the latest, then of course not just be a quiet lurker but obtain 50 forum posts (easily manageable) since then. In theory you could've started posting once the fast pass announcement went up to quickly fulfill this if your account was old enough, then ask for a pass.

But to top it all, you actually have to go to Gamescom. I don't know how some feel but I never have the time to visit E3 for example as a retention barrier is the long flight into the states and hotel costs. I don't do it for a living and while I could spend the money, why do it if I can wait a few months and just go to Gamescom that is basically around the corner for me? Heck, it's so close I can be there and home in about an hour. No brainer for me.

So in other words, the hard retention barriers are account age and where the expo takes place, the 50 posts are more so a soft barrier. In theory if you intended to go to Gamescom and had an account that was old enough but did not have 50 posts, you could've started posting as soon as the fast pass announcement went up and then asked for it once you had 'em.

If you add all of that together, yeah, in hindsight, perhaps not a big surprise. Unless you fly to Germany from far away due to profession or being dedicated and interested on a private level, I think it's more viable for people from this part of the world to visit - same with E3, but the other way around, I guess.

Even if it's just a hand full of people in the end, I think it's a nice and, personally, unexpected gesture for older forum users.

Sorry in advance for my bad english, but i just want to say: THANK YOU CDPR for the great work and dedication you showed us fans and customers at Gamescom. All the men a d woman there had an open eye and ear for their fans, not only for journalists and officials. It was very nice to see how they cared to make it possible for handicapped people to see the Cyberpunk presentation. One of the employees offered me to watch for my 10 year old son while i watched the presentation! That was awesome!!! CDPR deserves all the trust and hype in them an in their products. :)

Im looking forward to April and Gamescom 2020!

Top Bottom