• No fast travel

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • Minimal fast travel

Votes: 69 49.3%
  • I'll fast travel whenever I can

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Don't know, have to see the game first

Votes: 31 22.1%
  • No fast travel on my first playthrough if I can help it.

Votes: 23 16.4%

• Total voters
Fast travel poll

So how many of you are going to attempt no fast travelling? What about only for very long journeys? And how many of you will fast travel everywhere shamelessly?
I'm going to try and keep fast travel to a minimum during my first play through, after that it all depends on how much travelling is actually in the game !

I don't plan to fast travel at all unless the game makes me, at least not until I've explored everywhere on foot or horseback :)

Minimal fasttravel aka only if the quest is timed and I need to get to some place ASAP. then I will use fast travel..other than that I want to get distracted by everything while riding to a place or another.

I will probably use fast-travel to travel across places I have already been through several times. I will also use it to traverse long distances that would take 10-15 minutes to cross without it.
btw, I'm pretty sure you have to visit a sign-post before you can fast-travel to it. So even if you fast travel as much as possible you will still see the entire game at least once.

I'd rather not, but most of the time in open world games they inevitably give you some extremely inconvient quest locations such that it doesnt make sense to make a circuit of accomplishment, but rather just do things chronologically (especially for fear of being locked out of context.) if this game somehow doesnt do this, then I wont fast travel, otherwise yeah i dont plan on just spending loads of time traversing a map just because they cant be bothered to properly sequence missions.

If your sidequests begin to pile up and decides to finish them 1 at a time you're really gonna need fast travel.

I don't think I'll need it. I have a feeling this game is pretty well designed and I'd like to mix my main quest activities with side quests. So probably not on my first play through.

That would depend on the game itself. If I would take the same route I would, but if there are different paths to take I wouldn't.

Minimal fast travel for me..
I would like to enjoy every single dynamic quest that i will encounter on my travels..
(and make exp, collects loots, farm materials for crafting / etc)

:)

Can't say yet as I obviously haven't played the game and don't know how it pans out. But if Skyrim is anything to go by in terms of open world and how I play that type of games then I won't be using fast travel at all or only extremely minimal. To me there is just a sense of immersion in travelling the gaming world by either horse or foot to go everywhere than to simple fast travel everywhere.

But I am also the type of player that can spend hours just running around admiring the scenery without really getting anything done. So I don't mind spending 20 minutes running from quest to quest. I can easily see that I will be spending over 200-300 hours on my first playthrough where a huge chunk of that is just wandering around on foot from quest to quest or exploring :)

The only thing that I think will get old for me fast is the sailing bit in terms of exploring the waters. Judging by the photo so far that looks trivial to me. Funny really as I am a navigator by profession :p

there is too many to see in the world. caves, hidden spots everywhere. fast traveling would reduce the immersive gameplay. i constantly would have the feeling that ive missed something.

I will fast travel when travelling along paths that I have already manually traveled across before.

I just hope that whatever fast travel method is available isn't cumbersome like it is in GTA5.

Ordinarily I'd fast travel whenever I could in an open world game but I'm making an exception for this one. I'll most likely only fast travel if I've already been through an area a few times. I want to see everything there is to see (and do) on my first play through. I'll have a crap load of free time once my exams are over so I might as well do everything. Almost makes it worth having to wait longer before playing it.

In poll I selected that I won't fast travel on first playthrough if I can help it. I was to pick the first option, I'm pretty sure I won't fast travel, but you never know. I consider it immersion breaking. Still, when you're a couple of hundred hours into a game, and explored every(and I do mean every) location on world map things may change.

look at all those "minimal fast travel"-casuals :D

just kidding. but if I managed the fallout new vegas wasteland with very little fast travel, a world many times as detailed and interesting-looking will probably stop me from fast traveling even if I have to go back and forth.
I'm not yet sure what my house rules say about traveling to different regions - whether I should ride to the very edge of the region I'm in, or not..

I just hope that whatever fast travel method is available isn't cumbersome like it is in GTA5.
you have to go to a sign post, select another signpost you have already discovered on the map, and it will load you there. so you can't just fast travel by bringing up the map here either. but signposts seem plentiful, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be fast traveling. I hate games that impose no fast travel, it feels like filler to me. I should want to explore not be made to.

Top Bottom