Fav Cyberpunk weapon

+
Fav Cyberpunk weapon

What would be your favorite weapons? I loved the IMI Gamad
What would you have additions to the weapon system you would like to see? additions to munitions, convertible weapons etc?

You mean from this? : http://datafortress2020.com/ultrachrome/bh2.html

Crazy, crazy amount of choices, there is even a wallet listed as a weapon. I'd go with high tech cross(bow), battle gloves for punching to death anyone who gets too close and a gun of choice if anyone's still left standing.
I'd like to see bit more focus on variety than sheer number of models. Bolas we've seen from Prey II( cancelled) that allow you to incapacitate fleeing target. Or a chakram that you could control/flight programm, like in Predator ( only one of the greatest movies ever made).

Pretty damn interesting to see how CDPR will manage this large variety of weapons/playstyles after minimalistic Witcher.

Sternmeyer M95A - original Solo of Fortune, modelled after the G11. RoF 95 in 3 round bursts, baby!

Later they nerfed it, for no known reason, especially since they came out with other rifles just as good. Baffling. Still, the original rocked. API or DPU rounds, stuff it under a trenchcoat and wheee.

Seeing as I have never played any of the Cyberpunk pnp rpg's, or have not spent much time in reading up about the game really... I don't know of any particular weapon from the game that I would like.

The closest thing I could say is to give the type of weapon that I would most likelly end up prefering. And that would be something in the rifle range... be it bolt action, single shot, semi- to fully automatic assault types.

To narrow it down though... I would probably go with some kind of long ranged, semi to fullauto, types of rifles, with the ability to use scopes, and possibly suppressed as well. Because I like the tactical option of dealing with a combat situation as I wish... or need to, if it is forced on me due to circumstanses.

I do tend to lean pretty strongly towards the "sniping" type of thing... with taking down each enemy with one well aimed shot (no matter the weapon). Actually, if it had not been for the fact that I have pretty bad eyesight (especialy on my right eye... which get's even worse due to the fact that I am very strongly so right handed... shooting left handed, and aiming with my left eye, feels extreamly awkward for me), then I might have tried to go down the route of a sniper when I did my military service back in the late 90's (I ended up in the artillery instead, thanks to my intelligence, general IQ, and math skill... so another type of "sniping" all together... sort of... XD).

And in most videogames I tend to follow this, with only firing one single, well aimed, shot... again sniping... and again with any weapon I use (even things like submachine guns which are not usually that good at long range and accuracy at those ranges). Which should point me towards bolt action rifles... due to the increased accuracy of such rifles compared to semi/fully automatic rifles... but... as mentioned I like the flexability, and ability, to deal with any combat situation... so I end up with semi- to full- automatic rifles, with scopes if possible, and suppressors as well if possible.

So I would expect that this would also be the case for me with this game... be it the pnp rpg version, or the CP2077 videogame version. I don't know compleatly how it would be in pnp rpg's though, where I would end up... mostly since I have actually never really goten to play a lot of sci-fi pnp rpg's (and never played CP2020), due to that most of my pnp rpg friends prefered to play fantasy games... so that was what we played most of the time (I do really like Fantasy games to though, so I was not complaining about that... XD ). But I am guessing I would still end up around the long ranged, semi- to full- automatic (sniper'ish) rifles, with the potentual for scopes and suppressors.

I'm a shotgun guy. Granted I've never held a gun in my life (except for a bb type gun when I was in the scouts) I love me a good shotgun.

I like the Arasaka 77TA-20 or any of the militech shotguns.

My only experience with guns was during my military service/training.

So about 10 months with the AK5, which was our main weapon... or well... technicly second... since we where a artillery company... the 6 Haubits FH77's where more importent after all. XD

Everyone in the company also got to spend atleast a session with the Ksp 58. I think we only had 2 or 3 of those in the company (don't recall if we had 2 or 3 recon units), and they where ment for one of the bigger guys in each recon unit. Really fun to shoot... a hell to clean after a days worth of usage though. XD

It was fun to get to use the weapons. Both live fire, and blanks (not sure what others countries use, but for us blanks where wooden bullets which essentually turns to dust when it hits the blank-firing adapter). During the winter we even got to try out and actually "fight" each other with them at one time... yes, really... XD It was blank fire, and some kind of laserbeam system attached to the front of the barrel, and then a reciever vest you wear over your chest, and another recheiver thing which you attached to your helmet. The laser thing would fire of a (invisible) beam each time the gun was fired, seem to recall that it reacted to the recoil of the gun, and fired of a single beam with each recoil... so full auto did work if you wished. Basicly... think of it as laser tag... but with real guns adapted to be temporarily none leathal. XD

Calistarius;n7746440 said:
My only experience with guns was during my military service/training.

So about 10 months with the AK5, which was our main weapon... or well... technicly second... since we where a artillery company... the 6 Haubits FH77's where more importent after all. XD

Everyone in the company also got to spend atleast a session with the Ksp 58. I think we only had 2 or 3 of those in the company (don't recall if we had 2 or 3 recon units), and they where ment for one of the bigger guys in each recon unit. Really fun to shoot... a hell to clean after a days worth of usage though. XD

It was fun to get to use the weapons. Both live fire, and blanks (not sure what others countries use, but for us blanks where wooden bullets which essentually turns to dust when it hits the blank-firing adapter). During the winter we even got to try out and actually "fight" each other with them at one time... yes, really... XD It was blank fire, and some kind of laserbeam system attached to the front of the barrel, and then a reciever vest you wear over your chest, and another recheiver thing which you attached to your helmet. The laser thing would fire of a (invisible) beam each time the gun was fired, seem to recall that it reacted to the recoil of the gun, and fired of a single beam with each recoil... so full auto did work if you wished. Basicly... think of it as laser tag... but with real guns adapted to be temporarily none leathal. XD

In the UK we used tapered 5.56mm rounds with the BFA attachment.

you could always tell the difference by the smell when fired too :).
I did a lot of training in Brecon and it was freezing but not as bad as in Sweden? :)

Electric whip? Hell yeah...great, when surrounded by enemies to keep at bay.

I like the design of this one. Especially pulling weapon would look great, snap and it unfolds.

Can anyone explain this one?

Love this kind of thing. Old thing retrofitted into something new and awesome.

A web gun? Great for more tactical play.

The skunker. 'nuff said.

And ton of others. Go crazy on this one, devs...weapons in Cyberpunk could offer a ton of variance in playstyles. Different weapons than what we've seen in hundred other games, could do a lot to attract player attention. Instead of hammers, let's see cyber nunchakas.

Last edited:
When it comes to melee weapons I would probably go pretty simple in a game like CP2077... a baseball bat of some kind maybe... or just a large knife or something. But it would most likelly only be for backup, since with a sci-fi roleplaying game, on computers, I will probably not put any points into melee at all (I might in a pnp rpg though)... compleatly depends on what kind of system CDPR decide to use for CP2077. Basicly, when it comes to modern day, and/or sci-fi kinds of futuristic games, I always tend to go down the route of ranged combat... where as I tend to go compleatly melee (swords) combat in fantasy.

HellBoy_2077;n7752200 said:
In the UK we used tapered 5.56mm rounds with the BFA attachment.
you could always tell the difference by the smell when fired too :).
I did a lot of training in Brecon and it was freezing but not as bad as in Sweden? :)
I don't recall if you could tell the difference between the real and wooden bullets (other then the look and feel of them of course... the wooden bullets where painted red, and they did not weigh as much of course)... not sure if they had the same kick to them when fired either, there might have been a slight smell of wooden dust though when you used up a lot of ammo, but even that I don't really recall since my service ended back in 1999. The AK5 was slightly more front heavy though when you fired the blanks, due to the adaptor at the end of the barrel that you needed to smash the wooden bullets to dust... that thing was a pretty hefty peice of equipment made of thick steel (i asume it was steel atleast), put it in your fist and you could probably knock out just about anyone... XD

As for Brecon vs Sweden in temperature... that compleatly depends I guess... I would asume that we might run slightly colder, to very much so colder, then most of the British isle's do... but all that compleatly depends on which parts of Sweden you use to compare with also (parts of Sweden is inside the Arctic circle after all). Parts of the British isles might have stronger winds from the surrounding oceans then we do (not sure really), since Sweden does tend to be surrounded by a lot of other countries which can take some of that away... and I think that the Baltic sea is a bit calmer to thanks to it's location. You do probably get more of the warmer waters, from the Mexican gulf, then we do though. The southern tip of Sweden is higher up then Brecon, it's slightly below Glasgow in latitude. I live, and my military unit mostly trained, in roughly the same latitude as Glasgow. So yeah... probably at the very least slightly colder then some areas over there. But I know that it is said that the Swedish climat is slightly warmer then most other areas around the same latitude as us (Sweden is around the same kinds of latitude as Alaska and northern Canada for example, both of which tend to be colder then Sweden), which again is thanks to the Mexican golf stream.

Compleatly unneccesary information in the spoiler tag below... XD
Swedens klimat and humidity differs pretty strongly though depending on the latitude. The full range is said to be from tropical-like (southern coastal areas, short periods of time during summer, not very reliable though... many complain that most Swedish summers rain away, which is why so many Swedes go abroad during their summer vacation), all the way up to arctic-like climates in the north (the top ~1/6th of Sweden is inside the Arctic circle)... for the most part we have a temperate type of climat though, with the north and southern parts being on the opposit ends in temperature of what is considered "temperate". The lowest and highest temperatures ever recorded in Sweden are -52,6C (-62.7 F, northern Sweden) and 38C (100.4 F, somewhere in the lower 4th or 3rd of the country). In the town/area where I live we mostly tend to have a temperature range somewhere between -10C on the low end, up to about 30C on the higher end (14-86 F), but we can go both lower and higher then that (we had a -20C and a 34C (-4 F and 93 F) a decade (+-2 or 3) years or so ago... not sure about how it was befor 98 though, the towns homepage only included the info since 98).

We did have three training maneuvers in my service which took place further up north though. 2 of them wheres till within roughly the same range as where I live... but the second one, the most northern one, took place somewhere around 3/7th of the way up Sweden... and the difference was so significant there that I saw a level of snow which I do not recall having seen down south since the mid 80's. Where I live you would be lucky if you got like 5-20 cm (2-8 inches) of snow during winter since about the 90's and forward... and usualy most of it would be gone or turned to sludge in a day or week... up there, where this training maneuver took place they had somewhere in the range of 50-100cm of snow (fot and a half, to 3 feet). This year though we have had more snow then usual

A funny thing though... back in 2005, I think it was, I was to go to Glasgow for about a week. I was going to meet a friend, from Canada, who was going to be in Europe for about a month. So when I went and bought my ticket I asked the traveling agency how the weather and temperature was in Glasgow compared to Sweden... seeing as this was going to happen in late november or early december... and I needed to know if I had to buy a winterjacket (since I did not own one). He told me that it did tend to get pretty cold during that time of late autumn or early winter... so I went out and bought a new winterjacket (felt it was better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it). I had not owned one since the early to mid 90's, and only used a hoodie as mentioned. Once I got there I only used it once for about 10 minuts (the time I had to wait for my bus to town to get to the busstop at the airport), befor I was starting to get to warm, so I stopped using it (and I have not used it since either for that matter)... turns out it was not that cold at all in Glasgow, as that guy in the traveling agency claimed. Granted, most people I saw in Glasgow did walk around in full autumn/winter clothing though... but then again, I am unusual even for a Swede... because most Swedes do walk around in autumn or winter clothing during these times of the year as well... where as I do not.

I am one of those people who can stand the cold very well. At most I will use a hoodie as my outermost layer, no matter the time of year. I never wear a winter cap either, and almost never use gloves, both of which are not good really... especially the winter cap thing... but for me the hood on the hoodie tends to be enough to shield me from most of it. Basicly, I have a natural higher level of tolerance for cold weather compared to most people... but when that fails I also have a "technique" that I use which takes care of the rest.

The technique consists of that when I start to feel the sensations of being cold, starting to shiver etc, then I take a long deep breath, hold it for a short time, and then slowly breathe out as I let my entire body become compleatly relaxed (sometimes in the really cold weather where your miscles might start to stiffen up or something, then i will also lightly "shaking it lose" as well, like when your shaking your muscles lose or something to soften them up and stretch them out)... at which point most of the feeling of cold is blocked out. I still feel that it's cold, but not as strongly, and it does not effect me much anymore either for some time. Basicly I am just good at ignoring the cold I guess. XD Of course, I guess this only work because I am rarely outside for more then an hour or two at a time... if I had to be outside in the cold for an entire day or more or something, then my solution to the problem of feeling the cold, and my lack of warm clothing, is probably pretty detrimental... seeing that I guess the thing that I am doing, with my "technique", is essentually lowering my internal bodyheat when I breath in as deeply as I do. But it works for me and for the surroundings I am in, so nothing is going to change on that front for now. I am just to stubborn for it I guess... both wearing proper winterclothing... and with ignoring the feeling of being cold... I would probably have to live in northern Sweden to start wearing winter clothing, but I am not sure if I would do it even then... XD

Part of the reason I don't like winterclothing is because I don't like being too warm... I actually don't like too warm weather either... and for me things start to get "too warm" when they start to reach something like ~ 22-25C (about 71-77 F)... exactly when I start to get uncomfortable with warm weather compleatly depends on circumstances really. But 22-25C is usually where it starts if things are "normal". So wearing proper winterclothing tends to elevate my body temperatures to levels which I do not enjoy at all. I mean I can stand it if I have to... but if I can avoid it, I will.

Last edited:
I want arm claws like that lady from the cinematic teaser! Hacking and slashing while dodging and/or resisting bullets(as seen from the teaser) from ranged opponents.

Top Bottom