Favorite book?

+
etainne said:
I love radio plays, but I like the old old old stuff from the 1950's. I bought a set of them from one company that has over 200 stories for Marlow the detective. Sound like anything we know? Yes, they are one and the same! I think I may listen to them at work today.I read a book for fun. It was Last Wish! Such a good read, can't wait for the next one.
"What darkness lies in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows..." 8)When I was a child, I used to pitch a tent in our backyard during the summer and listen to a station that re-aired those old radio shows around midnight. I loved 'em. Never had to wash my bedding all summer, either.~ Roxy

My fave book would have to be anything by David and Leigh Eddings, though I can't pick just one favourite book. I have 12 of Eddings books, and I can read them over and over again!

rachiie said:
My fave book would have to be anything by David and Leigh Eddings, though I can't pick just one favourite book. I have 12 of Eddings books, and I can read them over and over again!
I would probaly agree. I like many authors, but I am finding myself that I just want to finish the book I'm reading and move on to "The Redemptiion of Althalus"! :D

Have you read The Redemption before? It is one of the novels I own. I just got through reading it again recently! :D

Indeed I have. Infact, I even read it before the name "David Eddings" meant something to me. After that, I devoured "The Elenium", "The Tamuli", "The Belgariad" and "The Mallorean"!I even read the Godchild (or similar) books, which are good, but after reading the prevouis mentioned, they are a bit disappointing.

Are you talking about the latest series with the Elder Gods, the Younger Gods and the Dreamers etc? If so, I have to agree, I was disappointed by it as well. I have the 3 Tamuli books in a single volume, and I'm looking for the others in a similar fashion, but bookstores here don't seem to stock them and I have to order them online. Amazon has the Belgariad series in 2 volumes which is next on my list to own. :D

This topic have the title "favourite book", but it turned out to be a discussion about books. I love it! ;DNow i 'm reading George Orwell's "1984 - The Big Brother". I already knew the subject and now i 'm reading it i feel ... well, i don't know exactly what i feel! Maybe lucky that i have the right to think, to keep a diary, to communicate.... Because this is pure luck. We don't know what future may bring.I like how Orwell wrote his books, with simple tongue, like the thoughts of a simple man, yet very powerful.

I agree, "1984" is a very good book (I can't say that Orwell is a good writer since I haven't read any other of his books). It was even darker than I thought it would, but still very splendid. I'd recommend reading "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley, as well (if you haven't already, that is). It's also an excellent portrayal of a different future society, although the opinions on whether it is a dystopia or not can be mixed with this.Ah, but to answer the question of this topic (if only for my own amusement), I can't really name one single book I liked more than any other. "Brave New World" is one of my favourites, and then there's "Needful Things" by Stephen King, the Dark Tower -saga by the same author and "Last Wish" by you-know-who.

Some of my favourites:Get Rich Quick by Robin BanksA Cliff Disaster by Eileen DoverRusty Bedsprings by I.P. KnightlyJump Off the Cliff by Hugo FurstMarathon Champ by Willy Maykitt and illustrated by Betty Wontand, of course...Brown Spots on my Walls by Hu Flung Pu~ Roxy ;D

J.R.R. Tolkien Lord of the Rings (Trilogy), The Silmarillion,The Hobbit and i want to start το read The Children Of Hurin, and Aldous Huxley The Doors of Perception

"Thanks for the Memories" by Cecelia Ahern. Absolutely love it, and it never loses its magic no matter how many times I read it. A wonderful mix of real-world fiction and fantasy, and with loads of humour.

I should read it once again...

book.jpg

I Am Legend aka: Last Man On Earth aka: Omega Man

Last Man On Earth ( 1964 movie w/ Vincent Price )
and I Am Legend ( Book version not the cheesy movie )

scifi
Frank Herbert's Dune
cyberpunk
Philip K Dick's do androids dream of electric sheep
fantasy
Brandon Sanderson's Words of Radiance
grimdark
Joe Abercrombie's Before They Are Hanged
classic literature
Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Guest 4519094

favorite book is far too hard of a question :D but history is fun and this is the cyberpunk forum after all, so gonna go with
The Eve of the Future by some Frenchman named Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam.

Top Bottom