Favorite book?

+
You won't regret it. By the way, The King of the Wild Hunt, whom we encounter in TW, with the Wild Hunt all together also appears in one of Dresden Files books - and Harry Dresden joins the hunt riding a giant zombie T-Rex taken right from the paleontology museum ;D

Tolkien's Lord of the RIngs.Tad Williams Green Angel Tower series was also great as well. Been awhile so not sure if I named the series correctly.

I read alot of science fiction/fantasy i have read a lot of Pierce Anthony i love the incarnations of immortality seriesTamora Pierce i have read all of here booksTracy hickman's dragonlance series i have read legends, chronicle, and time of the twinsDavid eddings' The belgeriad series I LOVED IT BEST SERIES IN THE WORLD!!! but havent read the second one the malorianhas anyone read these books??? what did you think of them???

oh and the wheel of time although i only got to book 6 i might not finish it if the author dies before righting the last book i would hate to spend all that time reading the books if i could not read the end i would be always wondering what happend in the end untill i die.

Tom32i said:
And most of the David GEMMELL's books : like Waylander :D
100% agreed! David gemmells books are really incredible. When i first picked up waylander, i did not realise that it would be so engrossing. Next day picked up "Druss, the legend" from the same author AND double WOW

SaLi

Forum veteran
Top 3:1). All "Discworld" books by Terry Pratchett2). The Witcher saga & novels by Andrzej Sapkowski3) Bourne trilogy by Robert Ludlum

Philip Pullman's The Northern Lights trilogy; Samuel Youd's The Tripods Trilogy; The "Death trilogy" (Mort, Reaper Man, Soul Music from Discworld); R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen series; Michael Moorcock's The History of the Runestaff.

Robert Jordan’s books is great fantasy and i have read a lot of stephen king and dean r koontz and shogun is very good to.

Not much. The only stuff I read nowadays are forums and information documents/books. As a child I think I tried to get into reading novels, but it was always such a chore.

1. Sword of Truth - Terry Goodkind2. Shannara series (all of them) - Terry Brooks3. Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan (R.I.P. September 16 2007 :( )Just finished 'Confessor' and now I am reading 'The Banned and the Banished ' by James Clemens.Also I'm searching everywhere so I can find the second book of the Shadowmarch trilogy, 'shadowplay', by Tad Williams.Ah, I so love fantasy :)

absolutely favourite is master and margerete not sure if it is a good and apropriate english translation of the title by bulhakov. Best book ever.

v0yt3ch said:
absolutely favourite is master and margerete not sure if it is a good and apropriate english translation of the title by bulhakov. Best book ever.
I suppose it should be like that: "The Master and Margaret"and indeed this is a great book. (Behemoth rock :))

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I got into because of the game Snatchers. I suggest both to anyone who is into cyberpunk

Jackafur said:
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
If you've liked it I'd suggest reading Ubik and The Man in the High Castle by the same author. If you're into quirky A Scanner Darkly (which was made into a surprisingly good movie recently).If you happen fall in love with his drug-induced semi philosphical writing style: Valis - that is the precipice of hell, mind you, if you read through it and like it... well, there is no hope left for you. ;)
Jackafur said:
Jackafur said:
I suppose it should be like that: "The Master and Margaret"and indeed this is a great book. (Behemoth rock :))
Actually it's The Master and Margarita.

Top Bottom