Favorite book?

+
Whisperwind said:
Robelt Salvatore and his Dark Elf - could anybody tell me more about this books?My faves are Witchers novels for sure. Then there goes Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (no fun making! :D I really like them both). Then Russian authors "master and marguarita".
What would you like to know about them? The main Idea is a outcast named Drizzt (very pooplular using two scimitars image) that doesn't go along with his evil race's beliefs and such. Urgg it has been a heck of a long time since I read them sstopped after third in series (he made three more after that)...The last herald mage(first three), R. A. Salvortore's first three with Drizzt., Harry Potter... So many books I like and can't think of all of the best ones off hand.

Well: It's hard to say...It is so many books I haven't read yet but I will :-\Anyway the books I realy like:"Steppen Wolf" - Herman Hess (I think my no 1)"The Picture of Dorian Grey" - Oscar Wild

1. Lord of the Rings (trilogy)2. The Three Musketeers3. The Hobbit or There and Back Again4. Silmarillion5. Diablo: Legacy of BloodFantasy books are the best

The Twelve Chairs and The Golden Calf, by Ilf & Petrov.I'm waiting for my copy of The Gormenghast Novels to arrive. According to what I've read about it, it just might become my fave.

I prefer to name authors, not books.First of all, Mr. Sapkowski, of course.Then R. Zelazny, G. Martin, J. R. R. Tolkien, F. Herbert, G. Senkevich, A. Duma, R. Jordan, D. Eddings, U. K. Le Guin, D. Gemmell, M. Druon, U. Echo.Among Russian writers V. Kamsha, A. Pehov, D. Skiryik are the best for me.

Authors I have read books from - ( I am sure I missed some author names... and the queue of the list has no meaning how dear I hold an author)J. V. Jones, G. R. R. Martin, Susan Dexter, Lois McMaster Bujold, David Eddings, R. Zelazny, R. Jordan, Le Guin, Maggie Furey, Anne McCaffrey, Marion Zimmer-Bradley, Stephen King, Piers Anthony , R. Asprin, L.E.Modesitt, Tracy Hickman, Terry Brooks, Terry Pratchett, Allan Cole, Michael Moorcock, Tolkien, Andrzej Sapkowski, RA Salvatore, Garth Nix, Alice Croggon, Philip José Farmer, James p. Hogan, Doris Egan, William H. Keith jr. (Battle Tech Grey Death Legion Triology), the first 20 "Das Schwarze Auge/The Black Eye" books, and practically the first 45 Shadowrun books..... and plenty more lonely books...My favorite German author is Franz Kafka... did I mention I am weird?

My Fav Books are the Belgariad Series by David EddingsI'm reading them right now for the 5th time ;D

Here some of my favoritesHitchhiker's Guide to the galaxie series(all five)-Doug AdamLord of the Ring trilogy and the Hobbit-TolkeinMoby Dick-Herman MelvilleThe unpleasant profession of Jonathan Hoag-Robert HeinleinThis names only a few

Cassandra31EEE said:
Cassandra31EEE said:
and ofc Sapkowski Wiedzmin ! :)A.//
I am addicted to Witcher book series
Yeah, yeah.... ]:-> Bla, bla, bla... :p Pff.... :evil: :wall: (Greek non-reader of Sapkowski's books)
Cheche - First book from the saga was "Baptism of fire" (sounds weird in english though) and I had no idea what's going on. I was kinda younger, with no internet, just playing notebooks (Livingstone's & Jackson's, Dever's Lone Wolf) so i had no idea that such a saga exists - well, anyway we were at holidays somewhere and I saw something about witcher (woohoo!!!) - so one massive "must have" for me ;) And even though I didn't understand half of the things in the book, I enjoyed a lot :-* The atmosphefe of the journey to… somewhere :D

Well with me I would say Lovecraft all the Dragon Lance books Also the Wild card books and also the classic like Dracula and Frankenstein and that just to name a few Have read so many books in my day it hard to pick from LOL

Some favorites that are tangential to the subject of 'The Witcher': 'The Dark Glory War' and the following 'DragonCrown War' chronicles by Stackpole. The protagonist in TDGW really gets a bum deal :) The Malazan books by Erikson and Esslemont. Everyone featured in the book gets the aforementioned bum deal. Prince of Nothing by Bakker. Graduate of DIY psychopath university gives everyone else a bum deal. Black Company series by Cook. People who have got a bum deal gets recruited for a new bum deal. At least its a change :)/Dan

Top Bottom