Favorite companion from any game?

+

hfm

Forum veteran
There's a lot of choices I agree with, you could make an argument for so many of these and not be wrong..
  • Minsc+Boo
  • Morte
  • HK-47
  • Nick Valentine
  • I really like the Jespar callout, Enderal was fantastic...
  • Fawkes (In all things, a calm heart must prevail...)
But probably the one i'd put on top would be Garrus... I also dug Aela from Skyrim, she was definitely the most badass Skyrim companion (sorry Lydia.. you can still carry my burdens tho..)

Come to think of it most of the Mass Effect companions were fantastic... you could probably make a case for a lot of them throughout that series..

I see some favourites are already mentioned: HK47, Legion, Wrex, Elizabeth (whatever the criticism, I thought Bioshock Infinite was an outstanding game), Mordin.

Also want to add Taimi from guild wars 2 - her voice actor and dialogue is excellent, often has me cracking up laughing.

Lydia from Skyrim. This is the best woman I've met. No trash-talk, no blowing your brains out. She just silently carries your stuff. What a perfect woman.

hfm

Forum veteran
Lydia from Skyrim. This is the best woman I've met. No trash-talk, no blowing your brains out. She just silently carries your stuff. What a perfect woman.

She needs more than that, if I wanted that I'd just use a mule... She's too subservient

I used to love Garrus, and then I met Kim from Disco Elysium, and I don't think they can be made better than him.

Let's not forget Agro from Shadow of the Colossus, and my dear Argentavis from Ark ( ok that's maybe a little on the nose ). Also always had a soft spot for Tails, from Sonic.

HollowHarmlessBedlingtonterrier-size_restricted.gif

Games need more cute companions.

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite
View attachment 11071052
How about both?

Though my favourite companion is still Sera from Inquisition: lethal and annoying. What more could one ask?

Edit: added obligatory images of Sera; changed one of two overly-similar poses of Elizabeth & Nick. And yeah, I know I made Liz's Edwardian-era skirt too long, I'll fix it if I ever go back to playing FO4!

Last edited:
Morrigan from DA:O
Mission Vao from KotOR
Handmaiden from KotOR II

Morrigan because she was, well, grumpy, and it took a while to actually figure out her personality, what decisions she'd agree with and what not, and also, why she had those opinions, how they developed that way.

Mission Vao's character was quite flat, but I thought she was fun to have around. Not as sarcastic as HK, but more random. I loved HK's black humor, but it was kind of predictable. The "here comes the punchline" kind of humor.
Mission on the other hand was a bit more innocent when she was being funny, I'd always wonder what direction a joke would take, whether she was serious or was trying to bait someone.

I liked Handmaiden because she was totally badass, while her character was a bit under-developed, leaving her a bit mysterious and enigmatic. Yes, because I felt her character was under-developed, she turned out more interesting.

Top Bottom