Favorite companion from any game?

+
Sulik from Fallout 2.

Atreus and Mimir why?
Atreus starts off as a curious kid who has a very weak relationship with his father ,later on through out the game their relationship grow not only in terms of narrative but in terms of gameplay aswell he starts off weak but later on its impossible to play the game without him

Mimir was also a very pleasant surprise that i had no idea how good he fits into the game ,he is not only likable and funny but he is also the smartest man alive who adds alot to worldbuilding and explains the lore of the world he has alot of tales that made exploration alot more fun and world more interesting
atreus mimir.png

Morrigan from DA:O
Mission Vao from KotOR
Handmaiden from KotOR II

Morrigan because she was, well, grumpy, and it took a while to actually figure out her personality, what decisions she'd agree with and what not, and also, why she had those opinions, how they developed that way.

Mission Vao's character was quite flat, but I thought she was fun to have around. Not as sarcastic as HK, but more random. I loved HK's black humor, but it was kind of predictable. The "here comes the punchline" kind of humor.
Mission on the other hand was a bit more innocent when she was being funny, I'd always wonder what direction a joke would take, whether she was serious or was trying to bait someone.

I liked Handmaiden because she was totally badass, while her character was a bit under-developed, leaving her a bit mysterious and enigmatic. Yes, because I felt her character was under-developed, she turned out more interesting.
If you find the time, try KOTOR 2 with Darth Stoney's "tslrp" mod. Most of all the cut content (even another whole planet) has been lovingly restored. ...you'll be even a bigger fan of the Handmaiden!

Goro Takamura.

I am convinced that any videogame firefight would be improved Rome Kanda cursing in the background.

You can bitch and moan about the game all you want, but the proof is in the pudding. After a long long while, the game made a jaded bastard like me, give a singular shit about videogame characters.

And of those the dour Takamura-san was cut above the rest.

Goro Takamura.

I am convinced that any videogame firefight would be improved Rome Kanda cursing in the background.

You can bitch and moan about the game all you want, but the proof is in the pudding. After a long long while, the game made a jaded bastard like me, give a singular shit about videogame characters.

And of those the dour Takamura-san was cut above the rest.
the characters in Cyberpunk are phenomenal its just a shame that some of them ESPECIALLY takemura dont have side quests that are connected to them ,i really wish the rest of the cast like Misty ,Viktor ,Jackie and Mama Welles ,Tbug and Evelyn parker would have had their own side quests its a much better way to make up for the short story instead of relying on half assed Gigs

Guest 4648042

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
In fact for a long while I would have said Tali, because she a must have in the first episod (Electronic and Hacking skills...) and I always romanced her during the two next episodes. Recently, I would have said BD-1 too, the cute little droïd in Fallen Order.

But after playing Guardians Of The Galaxy, Rocket, Drax, Gamora and Groot become the best and funny companions ever for me. Passing through the quests with them is just too good... The dialogue lines in this game are great and omnipresent, which make all the other games/quests which I played with companion sadly "flat" and silent.

"FAVORITE COMPANION FROM ANY GAME?"

Quiet from MGS5 before the nerf, Sheva/Chris from RE5 and the pawn system from DDDA, all due to the best partner AI ever made.

A bit surprised nobody yet came up with this :p
I consider her a companion, lol.
https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Cyberpunk-2077-4.jpg?resize=768,432

Nah in all seriousness:
- Cait / Piper are the coolest for me.
Well since I had to re-adress my top 10 favo games. It would only make sense to adress this as well.
- Cait remains firmly into position because she's just too funny. (Piper is a second for Fallout series)
- Garrus Vakarian however would arguably be my favourite throughout the Mass Effect series, with... Samara a good second.
For some reason I love that despondant 'justice' style she rocks. But there so many more characters there that deserve honorary mention such as Wrex, Kasumi, Grunt, EDI, Mordin, Tali and Legion (could name them all, but these are my favourites)

Ive allways liked Biowares companions the best, CDPR are very close in Cp2077 tho(considering variety and overall story). They just seem too come from nowhere and between quests they love V all of a sudden. First time doing the dinner quest with River was just awkvard as hell witch i kinda guess they were going for. I did not flirt with him or anything tho.

Hard to choose. To my surprise, I got some of the most entertaining moments out of the sidekicks in the recent Guardians of the Galaxy game. Haven't laughed this much since Portal 2's Wheatley and GladOS.
Disco Elysium's excellent Kim Kutsagi is also a very strong candidate. Not even getting started on Roach!
I was sad we didn't get to see more of Takemura here in CP.

At least we got Johnny who was an excellent companion. One of my favourites of all time.

But I think I'll stick with Night City.
It has a soul of its own. And damn we went through hell of a ride together.

Top Bottom