Favorite Cyberpunk Quotes

+
Favorite Cyberpunk Quotes

Post some of your favorite quotes from your past Cyberpunk Games.

I'll start.

I was playing a Rockerboy named Cobalt who had just been introduced to Veronica, a Dancer/Prostitute

This is how it went down...

[Cobalt looks Veronica over]

Cobalt: "Marry Me!"

[Veronica looks Cobalt over approvingly]

Veronica: "You rich?"

[Cobalt ponders for a moment]

Cobalt: "Not...yet..."

Veronica: "Then not...yet..."

Jack, our Ref: "So, Ross, you have now murdered most of the residents, visitors, grandmothers and two pets that make up the floor of this apartment building and a few people from floors above and below. The apartment you originally snuck into has a body stuck in every available space, including the fridge. "

Ross: "Hey, don't blame me. I tried to do this quietly. Nosy neighbours got what they deserved. I feel sort of bad, even. Especially about the dog."

Jack: " Uh-huh. May I ask if you're now going to get down to the surveillance you started out to do?"

Ross: "Oh, I don't think that's a very good idea. All these missing people are going to attract a lot of attention. I'd better get going. Quietly. "

Jack: "..."

My players are auditioning mercs to join their crew for a big job coming up in Africa. They have been somewhat successful, and have managed to get a few guys who they don't think are twats.... then this guys comes in...

Player 1: "So... it says here you have had military experience, and have been stationed in some pretty hairy deployments, and you got the purple heart... I am impressed..."

Recruit: "Yeah I was in the Congo for a year, during the N'kimbe offensive."

Player 2: "Impressive, I heard that was a real shit box situation...."

Recruit: "It wasn't to bad, I mean there was a lot of action, but I wasn't too worried."

Player 3: "Really, you must have been pretty tough, I heard like 200 guys were killed in an hour just trying to take the hill at checkpost echo.... "

Recruit: "Yeah, lost a lot of good men.... even got wounded myself... that's how I lost my foot..."

Player 4: "Care to fill us in on the details of that?"

Recruit: "Um.... I would rather not..."

Player 1: "Look man, you don't have to tell us, but we have all had bits and shit blown off, And knowing how you handled yourself when it happened would help us to better evaluate if you can handle it in the field with us!"

Recruit: "Oh... Ok... well, it's kind of embarassing you see.... I was filing away some of the requisition requests and a morter hit nearby, knocking a vending machin over on my foot...."

Player 4: "You were filing...... and a vending machine fell on you.............?"

Recruit: "Yes it was really quite horrific, when I woke up they had shipped me to Cairo and were fitting me for a prosthetic..."

Player 2: "A vending machine fell on you????????"

Recruit: "Yeah, It was really heavy, must have just been filled I guess!"

Player 4: "I thought you were with a combat Unit!"

Recruit: "well... not technically.... I was a clerk typist... but afterwords I got this kick ass Cyberfoot... it's got all sorts of options, my pinky is a laser pointer, my index tow in a screwdriver/Drill, and I my big toe is a hammer...."

Player 1 (Pulling out his sidarm and chambering a round): "So.... who told you about this job...?

Police interviewed the PC's after a job. Thuglicious was a Rockerboy Gangsta Rapper being questioned.

Police Interviewer: And he shot you?
Thuglicious: Damn right that scab shot me.
Police Interviewer: Then what happened?
Thuglicious: Well Thuggy don't take to well to being shot by scabs. You see, that's when the "Licious" stays in, but the "Thug" comes out.
Police Interviewer: And that's when you retaliated.
Thuglicious: I admit I may have shot him once or twice (he actually emptied an SMG at point blank)

We were playing the "Cabin Fever" module. In it, the PC's are trapped in a bar for hours during a chemical gas spill. One of the NPC's in the bar is a drunk guy who just says some crazy stuff for a while before passing out drunk. Eventually an AV with a rescue tram arrives before the building comes down, filling it with acid gas.

Rescue Agent: Everyone in the AV! [Nods to drunk passed out on bar] What about that guy? Is he dead?
Player: Him? He's been dead for years.

The Law... "I am THE LAW!!!"
So everything after had the law-prefix. The LAW roof (instead of sunroof) and so on... Kinda funny with the session being on twitch. Alot of funny chatroom comments.

I have this habit of ending the desctiption og my scenes we "what do you do". In one of our marathon sessions (don't remember if it was our 2nd or 3rd assigment) I had a middle-man lead the group into the office of the Man, and gave a detailed desctiption of the scene (a bit to detailed maybe, one of the players dozed off) and ending it with "what do you do?"

The player sitting next to, let's call him Drowsy, Drowsy poked him, and he woke up with the unforgettable words:

- I shoot him.

*silence, everybody looking at Drowsy*

- I shoot him!

Drowsy critted the initative roll, shoot and killed the Man, the other players ran, then he killed the middle-man and walked out of there.

I was running a game a couple of years ago, my friend Will was playing a rocker named Quinn, who was on the run for shooting someone in a very public place. He decides to head back to his place to grab his Oh-Shit-Kit and get the hell out of town.

He's heading up the stairs to his 4th-floor walk-up when I have him make an Awareness roll. He gets like a 25, so he asks "What do I see?"

I shrug and ask "I don't know, what do you see?"

He thinks about it for a second, and says "My door's been busted open."

Nice, I run with it. He makes a decent Stealth roll, so he manages to sneak up on a guy that's rifling through his stuff. He knocks the guy out, duct-tapes him to a chair, and is about to go Reservior Dogs on him when there's a "Click!" right behind his head. Yeah, the guy had a buddy who also made a decent Stealth roll.

Quinn turns around to see a gun pointed at his forehead. With a completely straight face, Will says "Look, I'm all out of duct tape, so you're going to have to find something else to tie yourself up with."

Best gaming story ever.

-- Ben

We played this night and helped a character retrieve a cache of stolen guns. The front door was blown asunder and many bad guys were shot to shit on our quest. as we looted and pillaged the pilfered bodies their drug lab flamed up. We waited a few moments too long in leaving and it blew. My character, a mobster named Lito Cruise lost 13000 eb to the fire and had his ass lit to boot. This conversation takes place post adventure. An associate Nicky wanting to practice his first aid for IP.

nicky : "i could take a shot at cleaning you up if you like... not that there isn't a line of ladies wanting to rub lotion on ya."

nicky : "the burn i mean."

Lito Cruise: "I can reach it..I think."

Lito Cruise: {You get the feeling he's going to be pissed until another score rolls his way. The sting of losing a big bag of money has got him all kinds of irritated.}

nicky pve: ok so split is 1125 each, unless you want to sell the guns)

Lito Cruise: {We hold the guns...we might need the firepower sometime down the road. Stash em}

Lito Cruise: but i will take 1125

nicky pve: (gotchya)

nicky pve: (mind if i patch ya up, could use the first aid ip)

Lito Cruise: {Go ahead....but you get the idea that he aint happy bout none of this shit right now. Compound a lightly burned ass and it's even worse.}

nicky pve rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 10

nicky pve rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 8

nicky pve: 27, nicky is suddenly a fucking emt

Lito Cruise: "Yo nicky...you almost make my ass feel good..."

nicky pve monotone "don't ever say that again."

Clerk joined the chat

Lito Cruise: {LOL}

Lito Cruise: imma copy and paste this to the cyberpunk 2077 qoutes

From my Transhuman Punk (home blended campaign

Lucifer (ex-Orbital Angel), after seeing Night City: And here I thought Tokyo was overbuilt.

Slider (local Cyberpunk rep): Thought Japan ate it in the war.

Lucifer : Nah, just reformatted into something better.

Slider: Japanrefomattedthewhatnow?

Lucifer: It involves Me, my coding skills, a bunch of nano-technology, and having sex with my wife on a elevator. Can't explain it right now.

One quote I have heard mutliple times in my games and never ends well for the players

"I point my gun at the cop..."

While driving through the Combat Zone with a player relatively new to the genre the GM notes that my player drives past the rubble and detrius, running over a dead body. She (new player) remarks about how horrible it is, ad nauseum.

"This is the Combat Zone. Bodies kinda...happen...here."

Top Bottom