+

DC9V

Forum veteran
1. Blood and Wine
2. Hearts of Stone
3. All free DLCs for The Witcher 2 and 3
4. The 4K-texture pack for Gwent
5. The Batmobile in Rocket League

This is a bit tricky. One of the things I hate about DLCs is that it got our notions mixed of what is a DLC and what is an expansion pack. Entries such as Blood and Wine are expansions thanks to its huge and standalone, not in the meaning of separate application, experience. However, there are DLCs that surprised me with their unique experience too, such as Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker and, the emotional one, Overlord.

But what I would call a favorite DLC is Cold, Cold Heart from Batman Arkham Origins. This DLC created an even better gaming experience compared to the base game.

The Witcher 3 DLCs really stand out among the DLCs/Expansions I've played over the years. In terms of the amount of enjoyment I got from them, there really isn't any comparison. But I did enjoy Shivering isles back in the day.

Looking forward to the Mass Effect remaster collection since I never played Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC and skipped ME3 entirely. Very excited to play the entire trilogy from start to finish for the first time.

I didn't play many dlcs in my gaming life.
But the best I ever played are the "Tiny Tina's assault on Dragon's keep" for Borderlands 2 and both TW3 expansions.
And also Iceborne for Monster Hunter World is....massive.

And also Iceborne for Monster Hunter World is....massive.
Ever since i saw the trailer for Geralt doing a mission in Monster Hunter, I've considered giving the game a try. I'll admit i'm a bit intimidated because (from what i've read) the game seems to have a 'learning curve', half a mile high & long. lol. Is M.H. that complex and tough to figure out?

Ever since i saw the trailer for Geralt doing a mission in Monster Hunter, I've considered giving the game a try. I'll admit i'm a bit intimidated because (from what i've read) the game seems to have a 'learning curve', half a mile high & long. lol. Is M.H. that complex and tough to figure out?

MHW is more beginner friendly than other titles of the series. I think the learning curve of the base game isn't too steep. The main story can be completed without being that good at the game. The big challenges come after that. Completing the story of the iceborne expansion was quite a challenge compared to the base game and the endgame content can be insanely difficult (at least for someone like me, who's never been that great at the game).

Generally speaking. Yes, it's a complex game.
The game structure and its gameplay loop is actually simple. You go hunting, slay or capture the monster, gather materials and craft better gear to prepare for harder hunts. Every hunt is basically a (usually long, but that depends) boss fight.

The complexity of MH is the combat system and the skill/perks system.
You have 14 different types of weapons (in World), and each type has its moveset, combo system and playstyle. And of course the best damage output is obtained with the more complex maneuvers.
So basically you choose a weapon and learn how to use it, the average player won't learn all of them.
I am specialized with the charge blade and I can say that's my main weapon, and I also use bow, greatsword, longsword and hammer, but I am not expert with these weapons....and I don't know anything at all about the rest of the weapons (apart from the light bowgun in Generations Ultimate).
On top of that, you also must learn how to combine the right skills given by your equipment, according to the weapon you use and the playstyle you choose in order to be effective. For the harder hunts you can't improvise that.

On the other hand, I must say that even if the came itself still remains complex, World is way more user friendly than the previous chapters. If you want to get into MH, is the perfect entry point.

Looking forward to 2021's "Cyberpunk 2077: Media Wars".
In this DLC you play an independent Media character who tries to unravel what actually happened surrounding the incident with the allegedly "resurrected" rockerboy Johnny Silverhand – since every big corporation involved tells a different story.

Guest 3847602

Hearts of Stone is my favourite, by far. Some of the rest I really liked, in no order:
Burial at Sea Pt.1 (Bioshock Infinite)
Freedom Cry (Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag)
Leviathan (Mass Effect 3)
Trespasser (Dragon Age Inquisition)
I don't know if Blood Dragon for Far Cry 3 should count, but that one was great, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

I loved Pt.1 but would vote for Pt.2... *sigh* The ending. ;)
I liked both episodes, but the first one gives you the only opportunity to see and explore pre-civil war Rapture, so it gets extra points for that.

Blood and Wine was my favorite DLC ,because it was so new and fresh , and the location was beautiful , like a fairy tale ... the soundtracks were amazing too ... I loved it right away ... i think Blood and Wine is my favorite DLC of ALL TIME

Top Bottom