Favorite DLC from any game?

+
Baldur's Gate siege of Dragonspear

Maybe not a DLC but I see it as the eqivalent since this was more or less before they started calling it DLC.
Far Harobur in FO4

All DLC for FNV except maybe the gun runners or what it was.

Shadow Broker was very good.

Dawnguard for Skyrim

Lich King in WoW

Tresspasser for Inquisition

Shadow Broker and Citadel for Mass Effect

Fate of Atlantis for Odyessy

...and on some real shit? The Monthly Updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone. Gaunter O'Dimm was legit.
Swear his face is on the Police officer at the beginning of CP2077s street kid origin.

Dark souls: Artorias of the Abyss.
Dark souls 3: The ringed city.
The Witcher 3: Blood and wine.

It's not in order but those are my top 3 of all time.

All time?

1. Witcher 3, both expansions, and it's not even a question
2. NWN1 - Hordes of the Underdark singlehandedly made a shit concept and a boring, barely enjoyable base game, NWN1, into something spectacularly good.
3.DAO:Awakening
Next after that would be Mass effect, Dishonored and Xcom1/2: Enemy Within/War of the Chosen

heart of stone probably, but the war of the chosen for xcom 2 is also a very essential and game changing dlc.

i will say though that the first dishonored dlcs were really underrated tbh.

The Witcher 3 DLC seems almost impossible to beat. Diablo 2: LoD was pretty incredible as well.

But Hearts of Stone was one of the best stories in gaming history. Blood and Wine was like a whole new game.

Even though they have had a team on the Cyberpunk expansion seemingly before release... and it keeps growing and getting bigger... and it will be such a long time since release... it is hard for me to believe CDPR can give us as much as they gave us for The Witcher 3. If they do that would be mighty impressive.

The best remembered DLC for me is Citadel from ME3. Lair of the shadowbroker is maybe 2nd, but that one is extremely subjective as I love Liara and so DLC about her is an instant winner for me:)
If we are going back I guess Throne of Bhaal for the Baldur's gate 2.
Blood and wine have the honorable mention, as I keep hearing how big and well done it is. I never played it, as I am not a fan of the witcher 3, but there....:)

Even though they have had a team on the Cyberpunk expansion seemingly before release... and it keeps growing and getting bigger... and it will be such a long time since release... it is hard for me to believe CDPR can give us as much as they gave us for The Witcher 3. If they do that would be mighty impressive.
Yea I am going with 'whatever happens happens' mindset. I will most likely buy the DLC, as I want to reply the game anyway, but I don't want to get hyped for it. As far as I am concerned that way lay disaster:) (ugh I hope it is the correct phrase)

Blood and wine have the honorable mention, as I keep hearing how big and well done it is. I never played it, as I am not a fan of the witcher 3, but there....:)
I'm not gonna lie, Citadel DLC is good. But you can't compare it with Blood & Wine, which add like other already mentioned it, almost a "full game".
It add a whole map which is pretty big, a quite long main quest, bunch of side quests, bunch of contracts, bunch of new stuffs and so on... So in terms of "size" (playing time), it's uncomparable. (for me, easily around 40-50 hours...) :)

I am not one for medival games such as dark souls or anything, too low tech for my taste. Neither have a played many other games listed here so my little list will be very curious to say the least.

• Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta for FO3.
    The former for the simple reason of continuing FO3 after that sacrificial ending and the latter because I liked the idea of the aliens. (dont judge)
  • The mercury campaign for Destiny 2 as well as the third one (where Cayde dies).
    I really liked the Vex as an enemy and the scores in those missions were really awesome during the fighting and exploring, particulairly of the infinite forest. And for the other one the story was good.
And these are basically the only DLCs I can name really. Everything else would be more like an expansion or something.
An Addition to this short list: Mass Effect 3's Shore Leave / Party (with the 'famous' picture as seen in OP)

I'm not gonna lie, Citadel DLC is good. But you can't compare it with Blood & Wine, which add like other already mentioned it, almost a "full game".
It add a whole map which is pretty big, a quite long main quest, bunch of side quests, bunch of contracts, bunch of new stuffs and so on... So in terms of "size" (playing time), it's uncomparable. (for me, easily around 40-50 hours...) :)

I didn't play The Witcher 3 until a few years ago - so all the DLC was already out and included in the game.

I remember beating the game and being like... holy crap that was an amazing game and it took me like 120+ hours. Then I beat Hearts of Stone and I was like wow... that is one of the best stories ever and that was a ton of content! I hope the other expansion is as big as this one was.

Then I got to Toussaint and was like... WTF is going on? Is this The Witcher 4? o_O

I have never felt like I got more bang for my buck than with The Witcher 3. I was genuinely in awe of how much high quality content was in the base game. Then even more blown away by how much they packed into the DLCs.

For time + enjoyment I'd have to say Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. This is kind of cheating because Iceborne in itself got many free title updates!

I loved Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Fate Of Atlantis episode 2 - Torment of Hades too, Tartaros was very memorable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom