Favorite Faction

+

What is your favorite faction?

• Total voters
Pretty straightforward. What is your favorite faction?

EDIT: updated with the new Syndicate faction and reset the votes because of it.

Nilfgaard, just like before Homecoming. :p
No, I don't play Reveal.

I built a really fun to play Usurper deck today, and it turned out to be stronger than I had expected. :D

I'm a big fan of Scoia'tael, it's the first deck I got 100% premium, but I find it really hard to consistently win unless I go down the Eithne control route which I don't want to do. Recently I've had a lot of fun with a NR Demavend deck I built on the fly without thinking about just to complete a daily quest. People say NR are no good - I disagree.

I absolutely love playing Emhyr Witcher/Order deck.

Pretty difficult choice, there are so many cool cards now in homecoming and interesting synergies. Before I only played NR, now I'm playing all factions, but I still like NR the most, because I'm a big fan of engines.

I think that Nilfgaard has some interesting cards, with nice combo potential.
I like the witcher themed deck and Mill, as much as I hate Reveal b&%$£t.

(I haven't played SK and NR yet).

Monsters, however purely by coincidence. :p

Here is the story:
I am quite new player. I went to rank 25 about 3 days ago, so I finally got leaderboards rating revealed. I checked, that Northern Realms and Monsters are my worst factions regarding rating. I managed to get to rank 24 and there, I was going forth and back, even falling back to rank 25. Today I was thinking, ok, I can not climb higher for the moment, so let me just play six 1:2 lost games, so I will get some reward because of 6 won rounds. And what faction will I choose? I do not want to hurt any of my higher rating factions, because if their rating will fall down, I will have to win even more games, to improve rating of my best factions. So lets play the least favourite faction with the lowest rating and that is ... Monsters. I could not believe it, but I miraculously went 8 consecutive wins and completed rank mosaic 24 and 23 and set my foot into rank 22 with Monsters faction having currently highest leaderboards rating amongst my factions. Simply unbelievable. I still do not know what happened. Was I playing at special time, when only weaker players play? Was there some mysterious gap in rating, so strong player concentrate around ranks 25, 24 and after that it is easier to advance? Was there some change to rating? I noticed, that faction ratings were getting +1000 points update for each faction in Sunday 11/11. Whatever was cause, Monsters went from my the least favourite faction to the most favourite faction. :)

The poll is confusing, it misses Neutral.
Cards like Regis, Golden Froth, Sihil or Wolfsbane are what decks are made for, not some faction theme.

I like the sexy armour of NR. It does follow the 21 century trend of inefficient nonexistent armour of box office culture. Great archetype. Loving it.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Skellige. Always.

Ever since 'Blood and Wine'. Then Closed Beta, Open Beta, and now HC Gwent.

However, my 2nd pick took quite a turn, and its now Monsters, which used to be my least favourite, before SC took that title.

Scoia'tael Brouver movement.
I absolutely love the deck, there is nothing better than removing opponents engines. Also i had some lovely games beating Eithne control (post nerf) by generating value through immune units in the last round, beating my opponnent by a few points, giving the impression that the game is fair, while its being rigged in my favour ;)
Also the very nature of the archtype is just wonderful, the joy of constantly harassing the oponnents every row. No one is safe from the terrorist/freedom fighter elves :D

Xavier Lemon, boy oh boy, i love him. But strongely agree that he should be nerfed.

Last edited:
Xavier would be fine if he banishes a handfull of chosen cards and not the entire graveyard. Lippy needs higher recruitcost bec of his gamebreaking effect. Expecially when Xavier is nerfed.

I think its weird that the cards that really benefit from handbuff are dwarves but the leader that handbuffs is an elf and the units that benefit from movement are elfes and the leader that moves is a dwarf.. kind of weird :p
And they should make Gascon like in Thronebreaker. This heavy RNG card while at the same time really boring is just a really bad design in my opinion.

My Favorite faction is monsters. But i miss moonlight :p

Scoia'tael. Elves are the best race, in every fantasy world. But in the other hands dwarfs.....

NG Spy/Tactic hybrid is the best deck I've tried, but so incredibly underpowered sadly.

Favorite faction as a whole, probably NR. Machines are similarly underpowered which is a massive shame. But they've got a lot of orders and I like that. As much as I can like a faction in HC at least :p

Changed mine to NR. Was originally MS. Switching to NR because, well, it's fun to play IMO. It's hard to get the engines rolling but when you do... oh boy. More importantly, I can put orders units like Ocvist, Blaze, Gaunter, etc. into a deck and burn shit down without waiting a turn. The only complaint I have is many of the engine cards feel too weak to removal and the 1 reach on several units is irritating.

I like Northern Realms simply because of the variety of different decks you can build that will work even if none are quite tier 1 level. There is just something more interesting about playing a faction that is good in lots of ways rather than excellent in 1 or 2.

The only thing I really don't like is that Henselt's power is so freaking useless in a game where you're only allowed extra copies of bronze cards, and bronze cards are so much weaker than golds. And since you only get 1 extra copy...meh.

Top Bottom