Favorite female characters in games?

+

"FAVORITE FEMALE CHARACTERS IN GAMES?"

Loved Samus from the very first Metroid. When you completed the game, she would don her suit, and you could play from the beginning again with her in bikini. Nowadays, you would think nothing of it, but back then, you would play for just that...and only that.

Loved the original Lara Croft for her taste of humor. Her smartass remarks made me grin.
Hate the Square Enix Lara Croft. SE took Tomb Raider over, and took everything away from her where she stood for. Rip Lara.

Loved Amanda, Lara's friend, because she was strong, independent and decisive. Too bad she was doomed the moment SE came into the picture.

Loved Tyris Flare, from Golden Axe. The most sexiest, The most difficult to play with, the one with the shortest range, But also the one with the most devastating dragon breath magic, which was just a sight to behold. Back then, the entire arcade would shock and awe at the mere sight of it.

Loved Blaze Fielding from Streets of Rage. Very good strong fighter with some of the deadliest wrestling move combinations I've ever seen. No one else has ever mimicked them.

Loved Chun Li for always giving the player a good bonus stage, and because she was a good fighter, a good adversary. The only female fighter at the time.

Loved Cammy in the first Street Fighter game she made an appearance, for she was a good fighter in a very cunning way. Her advantage over you as a player, was you underestimating her. Whooped my ass a couple of times to the sheer enjoyment of my friends.

Loved Sheeva of the arcade Mortal Kombat 3... or 4, don't remember. She was a good fighter, had good moves, and looked super sexy in that skimpy armor. Very low stamina though, and rather tricky to play with.

Loved Rydia in Final Fantasy II (Europe). (Which was FFV, in the US, I thought). Looked very cute, and had very awesome and strong summon magic later on in the game.

Loved Celes and Terra, both of FFIII (Europe). (Which was FFVI in the US, if I'm correct). Celes was a cool, strong looking female character, while Terra was the cute looking one. Hope a remake will show how they really looked like.

Loved the original Tifa Lockhart in the first FFVII. To my accounts, the best female fighter ever in any game, caring, social, and a person you can rely on. Real enjoyment to play with. And a great personality.
Tifa in FF7R? Not as much as in the original. Her, "Social Justice Warrior Stockings" were a great disturbance to me throughout the entire game. Especially because in the original she didn't wear any. Don't find her very effective against an enemy group in Remake either. Ofcourse she'll develop further in the upcoming parts, so we'll see how she'll unfold.

Loved Rinoa Heartilly of FFVIII. Great personality, a heart of gold, and simply looked astonishing in those awesome SE cutscenes. Her weapon was something of the extraordinary. And her Limitbreak attack...the recoil gave me a rush every time.

Loved Yuna, Rikku and Lulu, all from FFX. Lulu, because of her strong magic attacks, Rikku because how she looks, and her abilities with machina, and Yuna because of her awesome summon spells. Didn't like her being so...unthorough, dependent, unable to stand on her own. Guess that was intended by the devs.

Loved Ada Wong from the original RE2, RE4, and RE6. Very beautiful, mature, mysterious female with lots of charisma, and a sexy voice. And wielding a tool I was always jealous of we not having. Didn't like the Ada of RE2R at all. Very immature, and indecisive.

Loved Jill Valentine of RE3R, because of her fantastic personality.

Loved the 3 female protagonists in FFXIII, Lightning, Vanille, and Fang. Lightning, the very strong decisive leader, with one of my favorite summons, Vanille, the young and chirpy one, which looked great and colorful, and Fang, who had a cute face, and my all time favorite summon beast although, was not very found of their metallic versions.

Love Panam from Cyberpunk 2077. A very strong, decisive, determent, female soldier, who'll stop at nothing to protect her friends and family, and a person who you can rely on, and can think super fast. A real bitch in the beginning, but a true friend if you help her out. My V's very BFF.

Last edited:
Loved Meredith. I don't love her anymore. New queen - Hanako:

Bonus pic:

Wedding mode Ves.

Except Panam? Judy. And except this two characters from cyberpunk 2077? its hard cos i played mostly racing and multiplayer FPS games in last 15 years. But if i remember well, in fallout new vegas were two female characters who could join you on your journey (maybe you could merry them). one of them was from brotherhood of steel ans second1… who knows. It looks i should play this game again

why? i just like how they look, act and think.

Last edited:
I'm sure this thread won't just be filled with the "hot female" character of the day >.> but I actually quite enjoyed Abby's character development, probably more than Ellie's so that would be my choice at the moment. Female characters are rarely done well beyond the typical eye candy or damsel in distress but recently it's been good seeing a bit of change. I'd love to see her character make a return in future games, maybe as an unexpected ally.

frank-tzeng-frank-tzeng-abby-t1-headter.jpg

There's so many I like, and thinking about it many of my favourite female characters are from arcade/console games like Tyris from Golden Axe, Blaze from Streets of Rage, Fio from Metal Slug and Lucia (elf) from Capcom's D&D arcade beat-em ups etc... Here goes anyway:

Taki from Soul Edge (Soul Calibur onwards)

taki.jpg

Anna Conda from Huntdown

anna conda.jpg

Kassandra from AC: Odyssey

kassandra.jpg

I'd rank female characters in games:

1. Yennefer, Triss & Ciri (The Witcher 3) - Difficult to pick one of them for the top spot. They are all very well done. I guess I'll include the female characters who have smaller roles in here as well... if not The Witcher 3 would take up like the top 5-10 spots by itself.
2. Freya (God of War 2018) - Surprised there hasn't been more love for her. Great character - looks like she is going to get even better.
3. Panam (Cyberpunk 2077) - Great romance option, fun characters to interact with.
4. Judy (Cyberpunk 2077) - One of the most adorable/lovable characters in gaming history.
5. Meve (Thronebreaker) - Great main character in one of the most underrated games ever made.
6. Malady (Divinity: Original Sin 2) - Amusing character whose voice acting I really enjoyed.
7. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider Series) - The original awesome female video game character - at least in my eyes.
8. Liara (Mass Effect) - I thought her characters was incredible in the original game - didn't care for her much in Mass Effect 2.
9. Jack (Mass Effect 2) - Not the most well written character or even the most memorable. But very unique and a lot of fun.
10. Maia (Pillars of Eternity 2) - Enjoyable companion and romance option. Really felt like you had to earn her trust and love while playing.

BONUS: Megaera (Hades) - Not a super deep character. But one of the best parts of the best game I have played since The Witcher 3. Hades was a masterpiece and Megaera was a great part of the story.

HONORABLE MENTION: All of the Resident Evil girls. They are pretty damn amazing too, especially in the modern remakes of the original games.

MOST ANTICIPATED: Lilith (Diablo 4) - Please be good.

This game looks pretty damm good

its indeed fun too play - but its more beat n up style learning different fighting modes (easter egg one is a street fighter skill tree f.e) - but the world is very close to night city - its all about memories traded/sold/exploited by corpos.

you should give it a try. i guess if someone likes cyberpunkt this one might match your likings as well. : )

Top Bottom