Favorite female characters in games?

+
I also forgot about Cristina Vespucci from Assassin's Creed II.

My heart is still filled with sorrow over that story to this day :cry:

Kairi from KH, Samus from Metroid, Yrel from WoW, Micaiah from Fire Emblem, Senua from Hellblade and of course, Ciri \,,/

I'm gonna add two more...Jesse Faden from Control and despite what the current attitude towards the game is, Ellie from The Last of Us 2.

Witcher 3 is packed with cool, interesting female characters. So Yen Triss, Ciri. I also really like Queen Cerys.

Jesse Faden from Control.

Femshep

And of course.... Roach!

Xana from Dark Messiah. It isn't just her looks (or the fact that some of her character models are semi- nude, I swear), it's her give-no-fooks attitude and edgy sense of humor. Plus she is pretty understanding, helpful and loyal, and will only try to kill you in self-defense.

By contrast, her supposedly "good" ingame rival Leanna demands help with a lot of dangerous quests, requires frequent rescuing, and is kinda whiny. Despite your character's numerous heroic actions on her behalf, and the obviously dodgy connections of her uncle and mentor, Menelag (who is part of some kind of demonic mage club) Leanna will eventually try and murder you on sight, merely for not having banished Xana yet. Wtf did Xana ever do to her?

Her in-game appearance is pretty crude by current standards (game is almost 15 years old), but was quite, umm, "very nice" at the time and her voice characterization, at least in the English version is smokin! Thank you Moon Daily! Anyway, beyond her secksiness, Xana is actually kinda sweet, especially considering she is a demoness (I might have some issues).

Xana_DM.jpg

p.s. I think I am gonna play this game one last time so I can leave Leanna in the spider pit. Maybe becoming a lich will teach her a little tolerance (but I doubt it).

Last edited:
Aveline, AC Liberation. she deserved more from Ubisoft, regardless i like her a lot.

Evie Fry, AC Syndicate. best assassin we've had in the franchise imo but no, a mainline game with a singular female protag? the controversy.

Dandara, Dandara. my most favourite platformer since Mark of the Ninja. gave me the same feels i had playing Metroid on the NES. even though she's a mostly silent protag, she's compassionate and strong and amazing

Jesse Faden, Control. 2019 baddest bitch award recipient.

Red, Transistor. again, mostly a silent protag but the way she emotes through song is so creative on the part of the devs.
Jodariel, Pyre. same devs. very compassionate and sensitive character despite her design, which is well-considered by the devs. i love her.​

Anyone want to bet that if CP2077 makes it's planned 11/19/20 release date, that if we check back on this topic a month after release, Judy Alvarez will be popping up in this a lot? :ok:

Triss, Yen, Ciri, Anna Henrietta, Cerys from Witcher

Lara Croft, Samus Aran, Kassandra from AC, Jeanette Voerman from VtmB, Chloe Frazer.........

Judy Alvarez will be popping up in this a lot?

Not sure why everyone are crazy about her, she is nothing special.

Meve from Thronebreaker. Prob one of the best written character in CDPR games, unfortunately the game didn't interest many due to it's format but if you are a fan of witcher you should check the story of the game. Meve and the whole cast is really great.

Top Bottom