Favorite female characters in games?

+
I really liked Cere and Trilla from Jedi Fallen Order:

1596656399957.png

1596656431664.png

And again -- talk about a well-told story. It brought mysticism and emotion back to Star Wars. Plus, this was a master-apprentice breakdown that made total sense.

Such a strange argument.

I really liked Ves as well. Cool tats. You get what you see.

It is weird to me, Judy Alvarez just show up, she don't say anything special or act in anyway special or unique, she don't even look more hot/sexy than first female V, and yet many are like wow look at her she is so badass and hot, they act like she is best female character ever created in video games.

It is weird to me, Judy Alvarez just show up, she don't say anything special or act in anyway special or unique, she don't even look more hot/sexy than first female V, and yet many are like wow look at her she is so badass and hot, they act like she is best female character ever created in video games.

That's just people being thirsty. She is attractive and has good voice acting, hence the reaction.

That she seems to have great facial animation as well likely plays into it. See Mass Effect: Andromeda for the opposite reaction.

Triss and Shani were very relatable in Witcher 3.

Fragile in Death Stranding. A touching story and great acting.

Max in Life Is Strange. I liked her real life insecure character.

Morrigan from Dragon Age for her dark humor and life perspective.

Ellie from Last of Us will probably be awesome. I didn't play yet but judging only by the videos from the game I know she will make a lasting impression.

Forgot about this beauty (Lulu from Final Fantasy X series):

Never played the game but always liked the character design...

If many are seeing Judy and thinking that way, perhaps the question shouldn't be "Why do all of you like her so much?", but rather "Why don't I like her as much as everyone else?"... :ok:

Last edited:
The ones that immediately come to mind:

On the side of protagonists, I think my favorite one is Jade from Beyond Good & Evil, caring, empathetic, witty and motherly, but still willing and able to kick ass in the name of her personal ideas. Maybe not the most complex, but for sure one of the more fun video game protagonists to date.

On the villains side, it's Deidranna from Jagged Alliance 2, basically Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers if she was a crazy, genocidal dictator. I think it's combination of how utterly deplorable she is, while at the same time still being funny and entertaining to watch. Usually female antagonists are either sex bombs or tragic/sympathetic villans, which is why I think Deidranna stands out for me so much, even after all this years, with how much of a (enjoyable) monster she is. I would definitely watch sitcom about her and Elliot's daily life (and their war crimes in Arulco).

In terms of love interests, I remember really loving Tali in Mass Effect series. In the first game she was kinda cute, but also somewhat boring, because she was mostly about delivering that sweet, sweet exposition about Quarians and Geths, although she was showing strong dedication for her people and intense hatred aimed toward Geths based mostly on propaganda of her Elders. In the second game she started showing more of personality of her own and character progression, with how she was willing to sacrifice her position among other Quarians, which meant world to her, just to protect her father and then getting over her gethophobia by befriending Legion after some initial distrust. By the third game (depending on our choices) she assumes Admiral position, held previously be her father, and becomes a major force behind Quarians and Geth eventual reunion. She's one character in the entire Mass Effect trilogy that I feel like had the most logical progression throughout the series and most complete character arc. While her relationship with Shepard is pretty adorable, even if she wasn't romanceable I would still consider her a really great character.

There is this game called "A Plague Tale: Innocence"

In that game you play as Amicia de Rune who has a brother, Hugo de Rune, they both go into an adventure, some kind of an adventure that is like no other. Through it, their relationship with each other's love and tolerance are tested. This game has a beautiful written interaction between this two siblings who goes together through the most outstanding and unbelievable journey to an end that is unforgettable. She is a good sister, to his little brother.

The story is beautiful and special honestly.

Last edited:

Carla Valenti (Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy): The character's personal and professional progression makes it one of the best character designs. And experiencing the personal issues of Carla and how her professional life extend on them is a unique one.

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld): To me, Legend timeline is the best version of Lara. The character is not overly cocky as with older versions, though my memory is not serving me well with older titles as I didn't like them anyway. In addition, The character does not seem like a spoiled child, which is the current version, that needs a slap on her... face :mad:
Although the character origins are well designed in the several versions of Lara, the character's progression and performance were top notch in Legend timeline:cool:

Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge): One of the unique aspects of Faith is her past. What gives the character its appeal is the chain of events that led her to the current state which we play. Besides, who wouldn't like one of the best runners in gaming :D

Amanda Ripley (Alien: Isolation): Amanda's past also gives the character a general appeal. And playing through her present events to uncover things related to that past made Amanda's character so interesting to the extent that I would love seeing her again on episodic basis. Too bad that it will be unlikely. And of course she is one of my favorite characters for going through tons of gory encounters with the alien :facepalm:

Anya Oliwa (Wolfenstein): One of the best supporting characters in gaming. I even lost counting of how many times she had an impact on the game's story. Not to mention that we don't often get to see a pregnant woman
who goes guns blazing at a full squad while being half naked
:beer:

Ellie Langford (Dead Space 2,3): Similar to Anya, Ellie also had many impacts on the game's story progression. She is not just some character who simply shows up to activate an elevator or open a door. I mean she
lost an eye and presumed to be burned to death
, so Ellie's character is not like those that always needs rescue or ruin things and it's up to us to fix them and/or not adding to the story any flavor.

Max Caulfield (Life is Strange): Going through the different issues of Max made a lasting impression with her character. The difficult situation with her family, Chloe's adventures, and adapting with her abilities... I mean what the fluff!

Clementine (the Walking Dead): It's hard to imagine that one would experience such journey again, or at least in the near future. To go through into the unknown in the different phases of a character's life is an experience that will last.

Kasumi Goto (Mass Effect 2,3): Mysterious, skilful, and loyal thief. What isn't to like about this one :D In my opinion, Kasumi deserves some sort of spin-off releases.

Kara (Red Faction: Armageddon): Although her character is not that deep, I have to admit that
dramatic ending where she was pulled by that damn tentacle
was unforgettable:sad:I hope that somehow we would get to see her in a sequel or something.

I will stop myself now. There are several more characters to add plus the ones that I will yet to see... :ohstopit:

Last edited:
Sadie Adler is character I had strong hopes in that Rockstar had a plan to develop a DLC specifically carrying on with her story in Mexico. That seems like it'll never be. Regardless, I admired the fire and ruthfulness she showed in the game. She certainly could've been a playable character, but, eh, TakeTwo favors online more than story dlc.

I haven't finished the game, I'm about 2/3 done, but I really like Yuna. Maybe my opinion will change as the plot moves forward, but I love that, even as a peasant, she's brave enough to stand her ground against the mongols or even againt the friggin lord of Tsushima. In a world where Jin is constantly paired with noble warriors who are too proud to admit their flaws, Yuna is a breath of fresh air in that she's the most rational and realistic character in Jin's circle. She is someone that values lives more than the warrior's code of honor.

What I like about these female characters is that they don't act tough, they are tough. They're not tough because of their actions, but from the pain they endure all the way through. Emotionally, physically, just all of it.

I wish I could name more but I feel most female characters are only badass on the surface. I wanna say Ellie from The Last of Us, but I feel like sometimes she leans on the surface side. I dunno.

Edit: Of course the Witcher 3 had some great ladies. Love the chemistry between Geralt and them.

Well it's obvious Judy!!!

JK I choose Ellie there is simply no comparison in my eyes. She's the best created girl in video games. ND characters are one of the best in biz.

Sadie Adler is character I had strong hopes in that Rockstar had a plan to develop a DLC specifically carrying on with her story in Mexico. That seems like it'll never be. Regardless, I admired the fire and ruthfulness she showed in the game. She certainly could've been a playable character, but, eh, TakeTwo favors online more than story dlc.

I haven't finished the game, I'm about 2/3 done, but I really like Yuna. Maybe my opinion will change as the plot moves forward, but I love that, even as a peasant, she's brave enough to stand her ground against the mongols or even againt the friggin lord of Tsushima. In a world where Jin is constantly paired with noble warriors who are too proud to admit their flaws, Yuna is a breath of fresh air in that she's the most rational and realistic character in Jin's circle. She is someone that values lives more than the warrior's code of honor.

What I like about these female characters is that they don't act tough, they are tough. They're not tough because of their actions, but from the pain they endure all the way through. Emotionally, physically, just all of it.

I wish I could name more but I feel most female characters are only badass on the surface. I wanna say Ellie from The Last of Us, but I feel like sometimes she leans on the surface side. I dunno.

Edit: Of course the Witcher 3 had some great ladies. Love the chemistry between Geralt and them.
If you're talking about a woman that doesn't act tough but is tough and you're playing Ghost of Tsushima, don't forget Lady Masako Adachi!

Hey,
I like Ellie from Last of Us (1, 2), Ciri from Witcher 3 and Riven from LoL :)
They're all kinda pure, wanderers and fighters for their own :)

Though, they have pretty similar stories and personalities. Maybe it's just the writing, setting or the fact that they have most screen time.
If I think about it, I am actually not sure if there's any major female character (in AAA game) which isn't like this - fighter running from death... :D

Also, I don't know too many others :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom