Favorite mission?

+
This was the question from this amazing thread and got me thinking.

At first I would be inclined to answer the Peralez quest chain...but it ends in a dead end.

Then the last gig of the Samurai's, where Johnny and V finally felt like a tag team.
Only to get bumbed out by the fact, you can't order Silverhands favorite Ribs, even after the bar recommended them.

The Crack Us quest line was fun, but you basically did nothing.

It's not like in Watch_Dogs where I had a blast investigating the serial killer or in Skyrim with the Dark Brotherhood quest line and many more, where I could play an entire game just doing them.

Most quests in CP2077 are really more of the same and easy to trivialize.

The moment you have System Reset unlocked all the Cyberpsychos become a one click, I win fight...most fights within the game to be honest.

Only the 3 quest where V gets some recognition for his/her reputation are cool.

But more, because they stand out so much and not because they are tricky, memorable in terms of content.

The question really had me going and my conclusion was...most quest were meh or ended in a dissatisfied disappoinment.

Last edited:
The first one where you have to go talk to the Maelstroms to get the bot, that one feels like it have the most options.

The first one where you have to go talk to the Maelstroms to get the bot, that one feels like it have the most options.

Agree, it feels like Act 1 was from an other game... probably even is.

We are playing the open world rpg version in act 1 then get crushed and railroaded to play Ballade of Silverhand, the time Johnny got stuck in the head of a merc with some optional side quests.

I specifically liked beforehand this thread in my first post. (pay attention to the embedded link)

As I state in my first post, this thread got me thinking and that I ultimately don't find a single quest memorable or satisfying enough to justify it as my favorite.

And not wanting to derail an existing thread with the opposite I created my own with critique at the quests.

Some are written good but fall flat gameplay-wise and everything always feels rushed.

The burning crotch guy, it had a bit of a GTA feel to it. I laughed the entire time I drove that guy to a ripperdoc.

The guy that wanted me to crucify him. I'm not religious at all, but I at least feel the angle a bit. I got where he was coming from even though I am agnostic at best.

All of the main story line missions are great, my opinion. I'm not finished yet, I've gotten to the point where I have been warned not to proceed further because all side missions will drop.

Judy reminisced some nostalgia underwater. And if you think about it, nostalgia feels like it's underwater to begin with.

I started trying to help Johnny do a concert side quest. The outcome is still to be determined.

During the crucifixion, I wanted to shoot him in the face.

Technically fulfilling my part in the Gig, but screwing with the media and thematically playing the role of Longinus, but instead of a spear I use modern iron.

Couldn't do it.

The burning crotch was funny. Give you that, but simultaneously I wonder, why NPCs can have Stud implants and V not.

I love Judy, and the underwater scenes are touching, did you find a way to turn the water less blurry?
Each time I play that mission I get upset about the water blur effect (love to scuba dive myself and it is nothing like that) and somehow on my pc underwater my character always gets dragged down to the floor and I have constantly swim upwards to counterbalance it. Really annoying.

During the crucifixion, I wanted to shoot him in the face.

Technically fulfilling my part in the Gig, but screwing with the media and thematically playing the role of Longinus, but instead of a spear I use modern iron.

Couldn't do it.

The burning crotch was funny. Give you that, but simultaneously I wonder, why NPCs can have Stud implants and V not.

I love Judy, and the underwater scenes are touching, did you find a way to turn the water less blurry?
Each time I play that mission I get upset about the water blur effect (love to scuba dive myself and it is nothing like that) and somehow on my pc underwater my character always gets dragged down to the floor and I have constantly swim upwards to counterbalance it. Really annoying.

I only played the underwater Judy mission once. I was touched by it. But in real life i have a bit of a fear of water, unfortunately. I don't know why. I am not claustophophic above water at all, small places and me are fine. But underwater, I feel... different. The mission even made my hands sweat a bit.

But I did appreciate the story there, Judy showing me where she grew up, and hearing some of her childhood memories. I was impressed. That's good single-player gaming.

Yeah my character kept sinking and I had to give the up command to keep level with her. I think on PC is the space bar. I didn't find it annoying, but I noticed that. In real life I think most people slowly sink at rest in the water. I don't know for sure because I don't scuba dive like you do.

I love nostalgia. I think back to my past alot, songs remind me and bring me back. So I liked the Judy quest.

Last edited:
Is there a quest/mission that has me rushing to do it or feel the need that i dont want to miss it? Short answer No

Longer answer i suppose - There is one mission i really enjoy, its the culmination of my time with my character, the reason i've did what i've did, learned what i have and made the choice i ultimately make and it's simply the secret ending.

I RP my characters to the best of my ability and for all of them they get to that balcony and sit on that chair and think "this is it, what do i do"

One thought they couldnt do anything an ended it
One put there trust in the system
One was scared an put there trust in johnny
One never had enough faith in themself and asked there friends for help

MAJORITY have belief in themselves, belief in there ability and refuse to let anyone die for there decisions and decide to take matters into there own hands, cue that badass music and solo tower run

But i hate that fucking epilogue, the game really doesnt want you to have a relationship other than being friends with anyone here because ffs what a shitty way to end, for myself, a great mission.

So i dont do it much, matter of fact i've started no even doing the end with any character, there just left wherever when i get the urge to reroll.

The whole Judy storyline with Pyramid Song on the top. Together with Jackie's funeral.
Kerry vs US Cracks was also pretty great.
River's investigation was interesting and engaging.
Sinnerman questline made me smoke.

burning crotch man(burning desire I think it is)...I couldn't stop laughing, I even saved my game just to see what would happen if you ignored him....

I don't think I have a favorite, but I'll point out one of em:

Ghost Town. Meeting Panam, starts off rocky as hell, can even be really antagonistic with each other, but by the end of the whole thing you've gone through so much together in such a short amount of time you know you guys are chooms.

The part where Panam gets shot was funny to me.
Panam, stressed, hurt, and bleeding, pulls out an airhypo: Looks expired...
V, who has like 200 MaxDocs in their back pocket:

My two favorite missions so far, i loved for the dialogue and banter between V & Johnny.

These were;
Raymond Chandler Evening - where you follow the bartender's wife to see if she's cheating, and,
The Ballad of Buck Ravers, where Johnny finds out some Legendary venue he played at once is now a slurp shop.

I play mainly for the story, and some of the cheeky dialogue, sarcasm, and barbs between V and Johhny just tickle me.

Ghost Town
Lighting Breaks
Life During Wartime

Basically, from the moment you meet Panam until you capture Hellman. I know they are technically three missions but they are so well connected together that they feel like a single one.

Top Bottom