Favorite Quest Line in The Witcher series?

+
The Bloody Baron and Crownes of Crookback Bog.
Of course all these Wendigo and evil spirit in a forest themed side quests are absolute awesome too, every monster hunting quest is! Witcher 3 is for a reason the best game ever made (only Dishonored 2 comes close). :D

Oh and for some reason I like all the vibes look and feel of Toussaint in Blood and Wine. It feels like coming home :D so much magic in this DLC.
These circus-like knights in shiny armor and horse races games in BOW are rather boring (because... no monsters to hunt no romances and no ghosts and stuff), but the rest of the whole Blood and Wine DLC is the best DLC ever made.

Most of my favs have already been mentioned, so nothing more to add there.

One pretty cute quest I'd like to add myself would be...

...SKELLIGE'S MOST WANTED !!!

For a variety of reasons: (NO SPOILERS !!!)
1) How it really throws you off, making you think that it's just "yet another detective story / monster hunt"
2) The elaborate path it takes you through,
including the detailed side-events and "clues" on exhibit that you have to inspect and examine
3) The revelation at the end,
and how it can play out differently depending on your choices you make there and/or have made earlier

This quest just... really threw me off and I was slapping me knee and palming my face HARD, with both laughter and embarrassment! :)

The Letho quest feels like a quest from an old friend, and the feeling of continuing from The Witcher 2 feels great.

This!
I love it when separate Witcher games inter-link with events from the previous / next game! :)
Another example: Philippa.

In general I just love it when something you've encountered earlier in the game(s) re-appears later,
especially when you've forgotten about it and/or are LEAST expecting it! :)

Examples:
* Gert Borel, whom you "help" with the cart, turns up plagued later on, and desperate.
* That female Scoia'tael squad leader reappearing later to make you answer for your betrayal of her unit to the Red's earlier on! :)
* etc.

On a yet another repeat playthrough of the game, I suddenly realize what my absolutely LEAST favorite quest line in the entire game is...

It's "Of Swords and Dumplings".

maaan... was that ride one HELL of an annoying bitch... >=(

Let's see now:
* Constant back and forth between narrow alleyways, throughout a pretty big part of the city
* Annoyingly LONG cutscenes and conversations that are necessary to progress the quest
* Meaningless and dull, and stupid find-and-carry mini-quests constantly interrupted by annoying fighters who intercept you
* Dull and annoying NPCs with whom you interact PLUS their inter-relationships don't make sense (i.e. Sukrus + brother-in-law)
* Hattori himself is one U-GLY mofo who is AN ABSOLUTE PAIN to interact with, and even a pain to LOOK AT !!! ...
* ...honestly, he actually comes VERY close to being an even MORE annoying character than... DANDELION ...
* ... and that's quite the achievement! :O
* Also, see the P.S.
* EDIT: Also, see the P.P.S.

What's more annoying about this quest is that it lulls you in into starting it almost immediately after you get to Novigrad,
because you are in URGENT need of better gear...
And then while doing it, you continually stumble upon mini side-quest (exclam. marks), which Novigrad is FULL OF !!!

And then, after you are FINALLY done with it all, you find out that his sell / buy rates are NOT better
than those of other vendors you've already met !!!

Just... sigh... ~_~

Most annoying quest in the game... FOR SURE !!!
Fuck you, Hattori !!! >=(

P.S. But wait... there's MORE !!!
The final sub-objective of the quest, where you have to go back to Hattori to receive the Sword he made for you ...
... IS NOT MARKED ON THE MAP !!!
So you have to resort to wikis and such because Hattori's smith icon ... IS ALSO NOT MARKED ON THE MAP !!! >=(

MAN... -_-

P.P.S. But wait... there's MORE !!!
You don't even get ANY EXPERIENCE for completing the quest !!
Only for its mini-objectives along the way, amounting to a total of something like... 100 xp... ~_~

Last edited:
My favorite quest is probably an outlier - The Black Pearl. Almost no experience. You get almost zero credits. No effect on the main story, the characters, or even on anything else in the game. No big mystery or boss to kill. Yet you’ve got to go to the Golden Sturgeon, a random Skellige beach, and back to the Golden Sturgeon to complete it. And everything screams from the get-go that this guy is:
A. Shady as heck. Always upbeat, and happy about his days of being a soldier? THAT DOESN’T HAPPEN IN THE WORLD OF THE WITCHER!
B. Going to screw you over by trying to kill you, turning into a monster, or using the Black Pearl to curse his village.
C. Not going to pay you lol. NOT. ONE. COIN.

So once you get back to Novigrad, you find out his wife has an incurable disease that has taken her memory, and this was his shot at doing anything to get her back for even just a short period of time, since this was a memory from their happier times. And it didn’t work. Anyway, thanks for your help, here’s the exact amount I owe you. Gut punch.

Geralt was right, there’s some things a Witcher shouldn’t accept coin for.
Post automatically merged:

On a yet another repeat playthrough of the game, I suddenly realize what my absolutely LEAST favorite quest line in the entire game is...

It's "Of Swords and Dumplings".

maaan... was that ride one HELL of an annoying bitch... >=(

Let's see now:
* Constant back and forth between narrow alleyways, throughout a pretty big part of the city
* Annoyingly LONG cutscenes and conversations that are necessary to progress the quest
* Meaningless and dull, and stupid find-and-carry mini-quests constantly interrupted by annoying fighters who intercept you
* Dull and annoying NPCs with whom you interact PLUS their inter-relationships don't make sense (i.e. Sukrus + brother-in-law)
* Hattori himself is one U-GLY mofo who is AN ABSOLUTE PAIN to interact with, and even a pain to LOOK AT !!! ...
* ...honestly, he actually comes VERY close to being an even MORE annoying character than... DANDELION ...
* ... and that's quite the achievement! :O
* Also, see the P.S.
* EDIT: Also, see the P.P.S.

What's more annoying about this quest is that it lulls you in into starting it almost immediately after you get to Novigrad,
because you are in URGENT need of better gear...
And then while doing it, you continually stumble upon mini side-quest (exclam. marks), which Novigrad is FULL OF !!!

And then, after you are FINALLY done with it all, you find out that his sell / buy rates are NOT better
than those of other vendors you've already met !!!

Just... sigh... ~_~

Most annoying quest in the game... FOR SURE !!!
Fuck you, Hattori !!! >=(

P.S. But wait... there's MORE !!!
The final sub-objective of the quest, where you have to go back to Hattori to receive the Sword he made for you ...
... IS NOT MARKED ON THE MAP !!!
So you have to resort to wikis and such because Hattori's smith icon ... IS ALSO NOT MARKED ON THE MAP !!! >=(

MAN... -_-

P.P.S. But wait... there's MORE !!!
You don't even get ANY EXPERIENCE for completing the quest !!
Only for its mini-objectives along the way, amounting to a total of something like... 100 xp... ~_~

Don’t forget, before the update the quest level was 24 or something…and the reward was a sword at level 12 haha (now it at least scales). I used to rush to hit level 10 or 12 or whatever the lowest level I could be at to finish that quest just to get him as a merchant. The only real redeeming reward.

Last edited:

Oh, I forgot one more thing in my previous post regarding my LEAST favorite quests:

Dandelion can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Can't stand him, and I'll never learn to.
Any quest to do with him, any voice line by him, even any interaction to do with him... any MENTION of him...
... Just... go to hell, man... :/

Don’t forget, before the update the quest level was 24 or something…and the reward was a sword at level 12 haha (now it at least scales). I used to rush to hit level 10 or 12 or whatever the lowest level I could be at to finish that quest just to get him as a merchant. The only real redeeming reward.

Yes, I am aware, but even with the upgraded "reward", this quest is still SHIТ.

It's just really, really bad. :(

Top Bottom