Favorite Radio Station

+
Do you have a favorite station? What is it? Why? Me? I'm loving Vexelstrom, though there are songs from the other stations which are hitting all the cyberpunk nails into the corpo coffin lid. Kill the Messenger may be favorite - both in delivery and in thought. I wonder about non electronic stuff though, what about orchestral or brass instruments?

Kinda like Pacific Dreams and Night FM. Haven't listened to everything yet, though.

The game really needs an option to listen to the radio when outside of the vehicle. Makes zero sense that you can't when everyone has a computer in their head. *cough* Fallout

It has to be Pacific Dreams for me. A song or maybe two played on there are mega sleepers, but the rest as far as I'm concerned are absolute bops. The songs played on there are some of the most chilling songs in the whole game for me. Chilling as in, they send chills up my back...

Two other contenders for that spot have to be Body Heat Radio & Night FM. More often with those two a song will come on which I can't vibe with, I'm just a bit picky when it comes to music & Pacific Dreams meets my needs the best most of the time.

Songs constantly repeat for me so I have no idea as I haven't yet heard all the songs on the radio stations yet. It seems worse on some stations more than others. Pacific Dreams is the worst as I seem to always hear just one song. .Body Heat I can hear 3 or 4 before they start to repeat. Vexelstrom and Morro Rock seem to be the best for getting through more songs than any other station but there's still songs on the list that I haven't heard yet for each station and I've been playing for 70 hours.

At any rate, I'd most likely enjoy Body Heat the most if I could actually hear all the fricken songs on the station.

First of all-the CD project thank you for the Keanu and music. I still can't play (even run the game), but I've been listening to music since the release date. I understand that this is a small consolation for the current loss of company profits, but this is exactly what happens when you take money from corporats)

I've gotten more out of the music out of game than in game, at least as far as substance goes - but I think goes to being able to step back and just listen. It does feel like things get clipped or repeated on the radios. But, if its an algorithm or AI issues, well...goes without saying...I'm not surprised
Regardless, the musicians nailed it.:ok:

None, there's like 2-3 songs in the game that aren't crap.

The music in this game is all wrong. Where is this kind of music?

I know there is Royal Blue, but it's just conventional blues. Where are all the synthesizers?

None, there's like 2-3 songs in the game that aren't crap.

The music in this game is all wrong. Where is this kind of music?

I know there is Royal Blue, but it's just conventional blues. Where are all the synthesizers?

I would argue that the soundtrack is one of the few areas that Cyberpunk did not succumb to a static existence - yet it is almost too slick or maybe it is just on that knife edge. The repetition of old orders, of old ideas is easy (just look at the "political decisions" in PoE:Deadfire - its history rehashed in a new skin). What about new ideas, new interpretations? Rage Against the Machine and Brass Against are perfectly cyberpunk, yet why include them when their message is too pointed? Does Cyberpunk blues need synth? Maybe the ultimate act of rebellion is something akin to the Yoshida Brothers playing blues on strato-shamisen? But, we don't see that because ultimatley the lens is narrow (at least as far as I know).

I would argue that the soundtrack is one of the few areas that Cyberpunk did not succumb to a static existence - yet it is almost too slick or maybe it is just on that knife edge. The repetition of old orders, of old ideas is easy (just look at the "political decisions" in PoE:Deadfire - its history rehashed in a new skin). What about new ideas, new interpretations? Rage Against the Machine and Brass Against are perfectly cyberpunk, yet why include them when their message is too pointed? Does Cyberpunk blues need synth? Maybe the ultimate act of rebellion is something akin to the Yoshida Brothers playing blues on strato-shamisen? But, we don't see that because ultimatley the lens is narrow (at least as far as I know).

"Don't fix what isn't broken"

I'll take good music over "new" music. It doesn't matter what the message or artistic intention behind it is, if it doesn't make you feel anything, it's just noise.

really into extreme metal but ritual didnt do it for me at first but like all great extreme metal its growing on me, vexelstrom is also great and i do enjoy the rap station and the rap/reggae station

"Don't fix what isn't broken"

I'll take good music over "new" music. It doesn't matter what the message or artistic intention behind it is, if it doesn't make you feel anything, it's just noise.

What if it is all broken? Isn't that a point of cyberpunk, that the world is sick and we are the doctors?

Is that an emotional or logical point of view? Is that a subjective or objective point? What makes the lizard brain enjoy music? Where does the animal begin and end? Where does the human begin and end? Where does the AI begin and end?

What if it is all broken? Isn't that a point of cyberpunk, that the world is sick and we are the doctors?

Is that an emotional or logical point of view? Is that a subjective or objective point? What makes the lizard brain enjoy music? Where does the animal begin and end? Where does the human begin and end? Where does the AI begin and end?

But it's all punk, no cyber in this game.

Also, music theory makes it objective. You can craft music to evoke emotions. Modern music in the real world has abandoned music theory in the quest for "something new" and that's why it's all sounds like crap. All the great metal and rock bands of the 60s/70s/80s were classically trained in music theory. They used the same method as symphony composers of "classical music", just in a different way. Same with the rap artists of the 90s and early 00s.

Sure, some people just have an instinct for it and don't need to study (after all, the premise had to come from somewhere), but most can't produce anything but noise without training.

As to why? That goes into neuroscience, which I know next to nothing about.

Vexelstrom, and Ritual FM.
I stil can't completely believe it that they got Totenmesse to write a song for the latter.

When i can hear it most likely Vexelstrom and Pacific Dreams

Unfortunately the cars are too loud and drown out the radio, give us a car volume slider please!!

Top Bottom