Favorite Radio Station

+
depends on the mood, but pacific dreams with the song that plays with a hooker its amazing, but i usually play vexel and change to pacific to see if that one song is playing

morro rock has the best songs. i'm partial to pon pon shit but it's kind of annoying when it gets to the spoken parts. the other stuff islike a mish mash of shitty grunge, techno, and metal. which i;m not a fan of. the jazz is kind of cool but i prefer something slower more melodic and atmospheric like in blade runner. the stuff in the game approaches bebop. i wonder what happened to classical music. it's extinct?

Necromancy time! I knew this thread was somewhere among the ancients.

Anyway. I've tried all of the stations, and my favourite is definitely Morro Rock. Pacific Dreams is all right, too. The rest have too much music that I really dislike (rap, disco, electronic).

Morro Rock plays nothing I dislike, and lots of great songs. I particularly enjoy "So It Goes" (which started playing as I started typing this sentence...), the Samurai songs (especially "Chippin' In" and "Never Fade Away"), and "Friday Night Fire Fight" (that one's also a neat reference to Cyberpunk 2020).

It's funny, really, that I like the Samurai ones; back when "Chippin' In" and "Never Fade Away" were first released four years ago, I didn't like them as I found the vocalist was shouting rather than singing. Overall, I found the music too heavy for my taste.

Listening to Morro Rock while driving whichever car I happen to be using creates an excellent atmosphere, and I feel like I'm playing favourite racing games of mine (two Need for Speeds from the 2000s). Except, in those I tend to drive in third person, but in this game always in first person. Way more immersive; I feel like V is actually part of the city.
Makes driving super enjoyable!

Top Bottom