Favoriting/locking items.

+
Hey, everybody; old player, new member, here. Been mostly posting about the game on the Steam Forums, but I had a few concerns, ideas, queries, etc, and there is far more chance someone from CDPR might see it here.

For example, I'd like to make a feature request: favoriting/locking items. Or the ability to select multiple items at once.

You know... so you don't accidentally break down a beloved item for parts. That's happened far too often: killed a ton of baddies, loaded down with a dozen or more guns, all of the guns look more-or-less the same in the inventory screen, decide to break 'em down for Crafting parts, and oops. Favorite gun (which, nevertheless, wasn't equipped cuz there isn't room for one of every type in your readied weapons slots) was right in the middle of the pack, and, well...it got broken down cuz I wasn't paying attention and there was no way to put a star or something next to the item.

Yanno? That sorta thing is why I came here. That, and I'm told folks are more neighborly here than on Steam.

I'm guessing by select multiple, you're referring to making a checklist of items to disassemble, sort of like The Division series? If so, then yes, this sounds like a great idea. I have to take care not to disassemble my weapon variants (different damage types) sometimes, when bugged high DPS weapons get looted and sent to the top of the list ¬_¬

Being able to add a quest flag, (like one can do with the CyberCAT Simple GUI save editor tool) to favourite weapons would be nice too, to protect them from being disassembled...

To avoid accidentally disassembling weapons because they're buried mid-list, I'd advise regularly upgrading your weapons via the crafting system, to keep them nearer to or at the top of the list ;) (If you're a smart weapon user, then may god have mercy on your soul; this advice will not help you)

Last edited:

Niatka

Forum regular
I agree with the comments. the storage system for items {important or not} is basic and not at all practical.
I also want to clarify; these items {example; the basketball} that cannot be moved. what do i do with this item?
O, if only the items sorting system and especially the iconic legendary item protection would be redesigned.
we can always dream. {it is not yet prohibited}

Top Bottom