Favourite Character in the Witcherverse

+
My favorite character is one you only read of briefly and is read about in Witcher 3. So I guess he isn't entirely canon...

Gerd. I, for whatever reason, enjoyed reading about his last adventure.

Outside of Geralt, Yen, Ciri it would be a tie between Cahir and Regis. Regis made me laugh the most when reading the books and i liked how I grew to care about Cahir as the books progressed and you learn he isn't the evil nightmare from Ciri's dreams

(Aside from Geralt!) In the books, probably Dandelion or Yennefer (not sure which made me laugh more - Yen's "Dear Friend" letter to Geralt, or Dandelion singing instead of speaking to the whole room after being chucked through a portal by Yen in The Last Wish) but in the game I absolutely adore Eskel and Lambert!

In books and in-game Philippa!

Philippa is one of the few characters that come close to my own personal traits. If I had different personal traits once, then that slowly started changing with the time and my experiences, until I became enough confident.
Philippa is a character with a very strong character, also very capable. She can become ruthless if she has been betrayed or if somebody tries to ruin the path to her goals, or to take what she has achieved from her. That's exactly how I've always responded in such conditions, as one of the brightest examples, anybody could spot from first sight.
As I always say I can be both good and bad, it depends on you - that applies for Philippa. Philippa can be funny, helpful and good, but also very ruthless, but she is also very clever and has a full control of herself, because she knows exactly what she is doing, which is something for applause in some moments and in others it is her death trap.
Her natural abilities in real life would probably cause a lot of jealousy from the people around her, which sooner or later will turn any good person into a villain, because when people hate you for your abilities you struggle.

Last edited:
Triss/Shani/Yen. It is a real toss up between this three, since every single character is beautiful and unique.

Gonna sound strange, but Essi Daven. A Little Sacrifice is my favourite short story in the first two books. Objectively, it's not the best one, but man... that ending. I'm disappointed that
Geralt and Dandelion didn't visit her grave in Vizima in TW1.

Priscilla seems like she was inspired by Essi quite a bit. She's kind of a more grown up version, in a way.

After her it's a tie between Iorveth, Philippa, Zoltan and Foltest (seriously it sucks that he got so little screen time in TW2). We need that Witcher 1 remake. TW2's wise cracking ****hole Geralt is properly up there too. :p

Last edited:
Dijkstra. Just love this character and his conversations especially with Geralt are priceless

Guest 3847602

@TheImpZA True story: after reading the books I've searched Outskirts and Lakeside in TW1 looking everywhere for her grave. I did the same thing at Kaer Morhen and Ciri's room (the one with the rat skin hanged) with the same result. Shame, it could have been a great Easter egg

@TheImpZA True story: after reading the books I've searched Outskirts and Lakeside in TW1 looking everywhere for her grave. I did the same thing at Kaer Morhen and Ciri's room (the one with the rat skin hanged) with the same result. Shame, it could have been a great Easter egg

You have the best username. :D

It really is quite strange, considering that TW1 is literally full of Easter eggs to the books, more so than any of the other games. You can read one of her ballads in TW1 though, if I'm remembering correctly. Still, it's strange that Dandelion doesn't mention it. Then again, Geralt had lost his memory. As the player it would've been nice to have that Easter egg though.

People who haven't read the books are really missing out. They're good. I originally played through TW1 and TW2 back in the day without knowledge of the books, and playing them again last year after I had read them makes it so much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Books: Dijkstra, Vesemir, Regis, Milva. Philippa, Rita and Fringilla are good too.
Games: Dijkstra again, Vesemir again, Triss, Roche, Shani and nearly all of Hos characters. i think I'll like fringilla to in B&W

Top Bottom