Favourite Character

+
Favourite Character

I finished The Lady Of The Lake recenty, so I am currently "under influence" of the book. Overall, a beautiful work of lterary art. Did not like the ending so much, it was too surreal, especially for a series with such a realistic feel. There were TWO endings that almost happened and would be preferable: both the "Collective suicide and Emperor getting Cirilla as wife" and the "Death of Geralt, Yennefer off the Council and Ciri sent to become Tankred's wife" endings were preferable. Oh well, it did not end TOO badly.Well, anyway, I decided to ask who your favourite characters of the books are.Mine are (in no order):-Geralt of Rivia-Cirilla Fiona Elen Reannon-Emperor Emghyr var Emreys Addan hyn Karn aep Morvudd-Kagir Maur Dhyffin aep Keallakh-Amiel Regis Terzieff-Godtfroy

gocek

Forum veteran
Emiel Regis was of course the best! And Dwarven Parrot Feldmarszałek Duda (in Polish )

I imagine it more "westernish" than "animeish". Like you guys said the depiction of the environment is cruelly realistic, pretty dirty and ragged. I think anime is too clean for the witcher, but that's just me.

Rioo

Forum veteran
There was a lot of interesting heroes, but one (except Geralt) that I remember to today very good (I read book about 4-5 years ago) is Cahir Mawhr Dywfhryn aep Calleach

Clertar said:
I imagine it more "westernish" than "animeish". Like you guys said the depiction of the environment is cruelly realistic, pretty dirty and ragged. I think anime is too clean for the witcher, but that's just me.
OFFTOPICI believe you meant to post in the "art" thread, but to answer your post, I would say that not all anime is clean in the way it looks. A great example of that is the Manga (anime graphic novel) of Berserk, just the pictures of locations in some of the volumes of which (like the refugee camp) might make one sick. It is true, a lot of Anime is cleanly drawn, but Manga generally features a more "gritty" look. I guess I should have said "mangaish" style when I said "animeish", but the two are very closely related.ONTOPIC-Elk- you like Bohnart? Only feelings I had for the guy was searing hatred. I prefer my villians a bit more refined, like Vilgefortz (not sure about spelling -- in Russian Cyrillic alpahabet names are spellt differently than in the origninal Polish version). Bohnart was just plain sick. Well, I guess that is what makes him appealing to some degree.

driden

Forum veteran
Lord Lightbane, you forgot abaut Yennefer. She is one of the most importent characters. And besides Geralt I like Regis. He was genius.

I wouldn'y call Yennefer standart. I don't like her much, but she is still one off the most importent characters in this book.

Yup, wrong forum. Sorry about that.On topic, mmm... I've only read the two books with stories so I can't really say it. I really felt simpathy for the female bard in one of the stories, though.

1. Geralt - simply the best2. Cahir - I dont know why, I just like him3. Regis - one of the best vampire I ever meet in book4. Jaskier - stupid=funny 5. othersp.s. sorry for my english

Draghmar said:
Ok. My favorite character...Alucard from "Hellsing" And from AS's book it is one and only Regis .
In Hellsing i like Walter more then Vlad, but he is good too. As for just favorite, then it's Ulaf from Eddings Cronicles of Elenia. (The one i could remember), also Allanon and Walker Boh from Shannara.

Abaddon said:
In Hellsing i like Walter more then Vlad, but he is good too.
Walter is good too. But Alucard is much more darken character then ex-priest . And i rather like "black" char

The wizard Vilgefortz was definietly most interesting character in the book.And that lovely fight with Geralt. He stuffed the witcher with a hot iron rod - teasty

All dwarfs were fantastic. Yarpen Zigrin, Zoltan Chivay, Dennis Cranberg...Their lines, roughness and philosophy... Hillarious :DI also liked Bonhart. I know, very controversial individual but he was so vividly outlined. I always had a thing for antiheroes.

Top Bottom