Favourite faction

+

Favourite faction?

• Total voters
Which one do you like most and why? :)

At present MO because they have so many different archetypes. You can go thrive, vampire, point slam, death wish, consume, swarm, etc... My answer does change depending on which update you are looking at. I really liked ST during and shortly after Beta.

I used to like MO, but then Endrega Larva and Yghern became "must have" for every single deck, and now i hate MO more than anything else in the game.
I used to like NR, but back then Crew was a thing.
I used to like SK, but i always hated GS and i'm not a big fan of Gedy and reworked Wild Boar.
I used to like ST, but that was before MoO, when Scorch and Shirrú were "the big guns".
I never liked NG, but i always played it a lot :p
So i gues i like SY, at least for now.

Nilfgaard, and it has been my favourite since the time when Swim's dorfs dominated the meta in summer(?) 2017. I had a Reveal deck teched with anti-dorf cards, called Morvran's Anti Dwarves. It was great. :D

I like the heavy control aspect, and the general theme of being annoying by messing with opponents' strategies. The very same things that many hate about the faction. :p
There are also strategies like my old swarm deck (RIP, I still miss you) that focus less on messing with opponents and more on generating boosting.

I also like its Leaders and their voicelines.

Which one do you like most and why? :)

Ever since I started the game I wanted my favourite faction to be NR.. I tried and tried and tried, but it was just frustrating.. Sadly playwise, NR is one of my least favourite factions. So I discovered NG and I instantly liked how it works and the kind of game you play with it.

So my heart faction is/was NR, but my favourite faction is Nilfgaard, and it has been for a long time.

NG because no matter the deck I face, I at least have a chance. A lot of other factions have to over specialize and it leaves them wide open for abuse.

Guest 4395314

NG because no matter the deck I face, I at least have a chance. A lot of other factions have to over specialize and it leaves them wide open for abuse.
Exactly the same for me, you couldn't have said it better.
Post automatically merged:

Nilfgaard, and it has been my favourite since the time when Swim's dorfs dominated the meta in summer(?) 2017. I had a Reveal deck teched with anti-dorf cards, called Morvran's Anti Dwarves. It was great. :D

I like the heavy control aspect, and the general theme of being annoying by messing with opponents' strategies. The very same things that many hate about the faction. :p
There are also strategies like my old swarm deck (RIP, I still miss you) that focus less on messing with opponents and more on generating boosting.

I also like its Leaders and their voicelines.
I really love when they scream something in Nilfgaardian and no one understands it ^^

Qzman

Forum regular
Nilfgaard overall, because of soldiers, spies, witchers, flavor, card art...

You should have made a poll, I always wanted to know approximately how popular each faction was.

ST for life, favorite card Hawker Smuggler :love:

SY the most flexible, favorite card Ewald and Phillipa

Neutral faction, I like most tool cards

NG just started..:LOL: Can't comment much since used to hate this Faction

Payus

Forum regular
Skelligeeeeeeeeeeee!
I don't win that much with it, but it's my favourite. Used to be monsters until they changed too much.

SKRULES.PNG

ST deserves an honorable mention.

Nilfgaard is probably the most fun to play mainly because its variety and trickery create such compelling games. While there's no doubt that poison is effective in the current meta, and NG does poison very well, it is ironically the least interesting part about NG because it's rather dull and binary to play.

Syndicate is also interesting for the same reasons above.

Monsters next, but mainly because the card art and animations are way more cool than looking at humans all day...

After that you could bunch the rest up together. I'd probably rate ST higher if their Harmony deck wasn't such a plague in ranked.

hmm scoia i guess, but they are pretty boring right now. As someone said, scorch and shirru were always some kind of "mastery". Well, in my mind... cause I always missplay those decks. :confused:
Guess I always liked the green ones in any game. yaeh, that pointy-ear-thing ...and the bearded stubborn cans...damn you JRR

Last edited:
Squirrels all the way. Because dh'oine must die.
To be fair, though, I have started playing a bit of other factions in the last couple of months. Not because of boredom, but only because it's so strongly encouraged on the Pro ladder. Might even try to git good with some of them that aren't NG.
1591310109842.png

I'm a devout Northern Realms fan, beacuse I feel their playstyle is the most gentlemanly. You play cards, boost them and damage enemy cards. They have no strategies or playstyles that feel like cheap shots, like traps or enslaving cards.

Funny, I used to be huge Skellige fan back in CB with axemen and the whale, and queensguard. And purple being my favourite colour. But then moved to ST with the movement play when it was just Iorveth/Aard and a couple of other things iirc - barely an archetype, but when the marksmen came along it was a fun shooting gallery (seems like Vernossiel and Deadeyes are the Homecoming equivalent). Though tbh I don't like movement as much since 2 rows - just feels like a gimmick and quite limited now.

I can't even bring myself to play SK much now, not sure why, tried a number of times but just never quite felt the same vibe again. And despite dabbling in a few specific archetypes - probably favourite "alt" being Double Cross assimilate, would probably class ST as favourite right now - even if I really don't like some of the decks (eg mystic echo/oak harmony...).

I only play NR, just loved the Thronebreaker game and I wanted to continue my NR deck. It is the noblest deck IMO, all about boost and attack, unlike other factions' trickeries, but it is weak against poison and seizes.

Top Bottom