feature transfer error

+
feature transfer error

every time i try to install the game i get a feature transfer error that i cant seem to get around. My computer specs are up to the game requirements, i got an Intel core 2 duo 2 gig ram ATI Radeon x1650 video card with the 7.10 drivers and running on windows xp the error is: Feature Transfer Error D:\data5.cab 1/0 device errorive tried everything i can think of, tried installing in safe mode, turned off all my security, reinstalled windows, i even took the game back and swaped it for another one in case the disk was faulty. i thought maybe my dvd drive may be playin up but i installed a few other new game and they work fine. i even updated the drive. If anyone has any ideas that could help me get the game workin would be much appreciated, as so i hear the game is quite good :)

This sounds like read problems from your dvd-rom... What is your model ? I will look for a firmware update !

the dvd drive i got isTSST corp CD/DVDW SH-S182Fits just the satndard dvd drive i got with the computeri think its samsung writemaster, not too sure

g'day all. same problem here, apparently it's an issue with installshield which will apparently be fixed through turning off automatic updating with this [ftp=ftp://http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110838]http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110838[/ftp] app, unfortunately the link is broken, so i don't know whether it works ??? if anyone has the "installshieldupdateservice.exe" please post a copy for download, thank-you. any other suggestions are helpful P.S as far as i can tell i have a generic dvd rw.EDIT: good news, it works, i restarted in safe mode, unchecked the read only in all the "documents" folders, restarted, and it installed :O good luck :(

damnit! :'( i tried uncheckin the read only in documents and tried install in safe mode and still got this error. oh well thx for the help anyway. i might just keep my eyes peeled in the future for me to get around this problem. :)

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8623/Go to this link, look at it, it is the firmware update for your drive... Installation instruction are on this page too !

hmm i tried the driver update which made my dvd drive run better but i still get the same error. damn im all outta ideas, thanks for the time to source out the file mobidoy, i appreciate the help :)

Actually I get the same error.But I didn't get this error when installing for the same time. I updated my graphics card drivers because I had some problems with the game, then the game didn't run. I reinstalled it and got this problem.What you should do is:Get Magic ISO and backup your DVD into an ISO file. Then install the game using Daemon Tools. Then after installation is complete, run the game with your own DVD. I could install the game this way. But using the iso a crc error came up with the mashes00.tif or something and I pressed ignore. Now I can't play my old savegames with any patches and I can't even start a new game. I posted a topic in this forum but I thought you might be able to play it using the backup method.

thx for the idea mamad, im givin it a try now, though this is the first time ive used iso and daemon tools so its takin a little bit of figuring out. what a pain in the ass this game is turning out to be! :wall:

ok I now figured what you should do to fix the problem.I had exactly the same problem with the feature transfer error while trying to install the game with my game DVD. So I installed the game on a laptop and another desktop and it worked ok and installed properly. So I figured that the problem should be with my computer. The first time I installed the game I had no problem and the reason I couldn't install it is just because of my RAM. After I installed the game I bought a pair of new OCZ GOLD 2GB RAM and added them to my KIngston 2GB and the OCZs were making all the trouble. I removed the new OCZ RAMs and installed the game without any problems and now I'm playing it ok::)Try chaning your RAM or removing a pair of curropted RAM and see if you can then install the game ok. Ever since I removed the new RAMs my computer is a lot more stable and I can ;play other games too.Hope this helps.

thx mate, ive been havin a bad time tryin to get magiciso and daemon tools to work for me, cause im a bloody noob, so i guess when i get some cash together ill try new ram as ive been thinkin of putting another 1gig in for good measure. thanks for the help mate i appreaciate it :)

Top Bottom