Fed up to my gills with Geralt's underwater nonsense

+
Fed up to my gills with Geralt's underwater nonsense

I'll be very happy to see the editing kit come out so we can apply alternatives to Geralt's underway movement activities. It would also be great to see a mod to include alternative versions of Signs. Obviously Igni won't set something on fire, but it sure could boil them to death.

Igni + underwater is impossible, fire needs oxygen, submerged underwater you can't light a fire not even as a spell. So if there's no first spark to start that you wont be boiling anyone anytime soon :p

Yup the underwater sections are bad, but you can just one shot everything with your crossbow. So that makes it slightly less tedious right?

I can't stand that 75% of the question marks in Skellige are underwater. Makes me not want to do them.

The water parts are some of my favorite activities, what are ya'll smoking? Very fluid and responsive, and it looks so damn good underwater. (Mouse and keyboard here).

Igni + underwater is impossible, fire needs oxygen, submerged underwater you can't light a fire not even as a spell. So if there's no first spark to start that you wont be boiling anyone anytime soon :p

Someone better hurry and tell all those underwater welders that the job they do every day is actually impossible!

Honestly tho this is magic so the laws of physics, common sense and realism don't apply

The one thing I am missing in the game is a potion that gives you around 5 minutes of infinite air while underwater
(basically the same thing as Yennefer's spell, in The Last Wish)

(unless this IS in the game, and I have not yet discovered it)

Last edited:

maybe not as a spell but even here in the boring real life we have the technology

underwater blowtorches are very much a real thing

let me just dive right into this deep discussion.

i don't think we should be able to use Igni, that's not even about laws of physics, just common sense. Why do you even need Igni when you have an epic crossbow of death?

I'm still waiting for a game to come out with diving controls that don't drive me eff'n crazy. I hated every single underwater sequence in the God of War games, MGS2 was basically unbearable, and TW3, well, it's basically the GoW controls, just with some extra jank added for flavor.

I don't understand why nobody can get this right, either. Just make them work like flying controls and assign surfacing to a separate button. Done.

The one thing I am missing in the game is a potion that gives you around 5 minutes of infinite air while underwater

There is a potion called "Killer Whale" that does something like that... it increases your breath and improves vision while diving

Last edited:
I think the underwater control is fine and I'm playing with kb+m so not sure if it's harder on controller? Also I'm fine with Geralt not able to use his signs underwater as he can basically one shot monsters underwater with crossbow...

Doesn't killer whale let you breathe underwater? I could be very wrong, but I think it extends the breath bar. Don't know if it does haven't made it yet. Will see tonight, know I have the recipe.

Ok just checked the wiki and it does indeed allow for breathing underwater.

There is a potion called "Killer Whale" that does something like that... it increases your breath and improves vision while diving

Ah, okay, not that great then. I really think 5 minutes of infinite breath would do wonders, especially because the controls like stated above are... not entirely smooth, I screwed up several times, due to it, and just drowned... especially opening chests is very poorly and usually ends up with Geralt just somersaulting underwater due to the player trying to position Geralt so that he can open the chest *shrugs*

Top Bottom