[FEEDBACK] A few simple solutions - serious gameplay impact

+
[FEEDBACK] A few simple solutions - serious gameplay impact

I am loving this game. Absolutely loving it. However, there are a couple of gameplay features that make the game unenjoyable at times. These would be very easy to fix, and are outlined below:

1. Witcher Sense - When using Witcher Sense, which is quite necessary to use often, the camera is zoomed in and right over Geralt's shoulder. It is nearly impossible to see the surroundings in this mode. Geralt is supposed to be at a hightened state however this camera angle has an opposite effect.

Solution: Keep the camera in the same position for Witcher Sense rather than moving in. Keep the fish-eye effect but just do not move the camera

2. Distance to See / Lock-on enemies - Geralt cannot see an enemy's health bar/title and/or lock on until RIGHT up on the enemy. The problem is that it makes combat very clunky, and also you cannot forsee higher level mobs. This wouldn't be a problem if running away was easier..but let's face it, controls in this game are a bit clunky which makes fleeing a little difficult.

Solution: Simply adjust the distance that enemy names and health bars pop up, and allow Lock-on from further distances.

Thoughts, agree, disagree?

I am loving this game. Absolutely loving it. However, there are a couple of gameplay features that make the game unenjoyable at times. These would be very easy to fix, and are outlined below:

1. Witcher Sense - When using Witcher Sense, which is quite necessary to use often, the camera is zoomed in and right over Geralt's shoulder. It is nearly impossible to see the surroundings in this mode. Geralt is supposed to be at a hightened state however this camera angle has an opposite effect.

Solution: Keep the camera in the same position for Witcher Sense rather than moving in. Keep the fish-eye effect but just do not move the camera

2. Distance to See / Lock-on enemies - Geralt cannot see an enemy's health bar/title and/or lock on until RIGHT up on the enemy. The problem is that it makes combat very clunky, and also you cannot forsee higher level mobs. This wouldn't be a problem if running away was easier..but let's face it, controls in this game are a bit clunky which makes fleeing a little difficult.

Solution: Simply adjust the distance that enemy names and health bars pop up, and allow Lock-on from further distances.

Thoughts, agree, disagree?

I disagree with the first point. Geralt is focusing on the hints, so the camera is appropriate.
I agree with the second, but should be adjust not only the distance of the enemy names, but even their AI range. More often, to start a fight, you have to go right up on the enemy, but if you are at 20/30 meters from mobs...you can see them, even attack them with cross bow, but they still seems indifferent to you.

Thanks for your comments :) I agree with your assessment on my second point.

On the first however, I do agree that it is "focusing on the clues" but the problem is that it makes it hard to see your surroundings. You can only see to your right and it just really clutters things up, unless you only use the sense when standing still near clues, I find it very hard to use.

Thanks for your comments :) I agree with your assessment on my second point.

On the first however, I do agree that it is "focusing on the clues" but the problem is that it makes it hard to see your surroundings. You can only see to your right and it just really clutters things up, unless you only use the sense when standing still near clues, I find it very hard to use.

Yeah, I understand what you say, but I think that a lower FOV with witcher senses is a good balancement for the fact that you can spot mobs from the distance. IMHO, of course.

i dont mind the first one, its fine

totally agree on the second, we should be able to lock tragets from farther

Thanks for the feedback. I thought the Witcher sense was REAL bad, as did my friend...but oh well =D

Definitely need to fix the lock-on though..why do you have to be like 10 Ft from an enemy to lock on or see it's level...bad game design.

Top Bottom