Feedback on Netrunner Stat Spread?

+
I'm maybe halfway through the game with a max Body & Cool Solo Build (punchy fisto), and I am a little more than just bored with the approach. I honestly feel that to gain tbe most from the game I want to make use of Hacking, Guns, and Stealth. Now, my initial thoughts were to prioritize (in order) Intelligence, Reflexes, and Tech; get all three to 7, then Intelligence to 20 ASAP, after which I'd try to level up Reflexes and Tech equally at an even split.
However, I've been more than made aware of just how useful Cool is to pretty much every build, especially a hacker with contagion and for stealth. So, my change has been to go Intelligence, Tech, and Cool in order. Intelligence because duh, Tech for the ability to open doors and actually fill up my armory, and Cool as the great complementary Stat. By 50th I would hope to likewise have Reflexes leveled to at least 9 so I would finish with: Reflexes 9, Tech 20, Intelligence 20, and Cool 20.
How does my reasoning hold up? I'd honestly prefer to level up Reflexes over Tech for the Gun perks, but I want to both be able to open all the doors as well as fill up my armory stash Display, so I'm kinda stuck with Tech. :(

So for my netrunner I went 20's in int, tech, & cool, that was fantastic, and I rarely used any weapons outside of hacks. I split the remaining points evenly between body and quickness, but I think with int/cool being maxed anything else is viable. If I did it again, I'd probably put everything else into body since I've heard the monowhip ties to body's street brawler, and then I can open up EVERYTHING!

If you want tech just to fill the displays then set it to 20 via game console ;) or wait for a DLC or mod that adds a crafter NPC.

Netrunner likes int/cool where as for weapons you could go for double barrel double shoot shotguns - super synergy with legendary spark (Testera and Sovereign). And silenced weapon for long range (Ashura, revolvers, Buzzsaw + ping).

Other option is to have hacking on technical non-DPS level with int 10-12 and obtaining legendary quickhacks from 10+ int access points - (spark), kill cyberware/weapon, grenade, cyberpsychosis, suicide, reboot optics, reboot system and then use extra attribute points on something else.

INT alone is enough for a netrunner build. Contagion is nuts if you pair it with cool poison perks, but not mandatory. You can still
- purchase the cyberdeck that spreads offensive hacks and just use short circuit/overheat
- purchase the cyberdeck that cuts ultimate hack ram costs and go full suicide/cyberpsychosis.

But to be fair, I think you might not enjoy the game better because of the build. I tried a full waifu weeb samurai build, a gun techie build, a netrunner one and a solo fistfighter. Combat eventually becomes too easy in all of them and the netrunner is kinda the worst, since enemies are absolutely helpless if you hack them sneakily, it does too much damage and there's no counter. It's kinda awesome, but you get too strong too fast, so doing gigs might become repetitive...

Last edited:
first get INT to 20, as pointed out, then get cool to something high (16+)? - because in cold blood you will have nice perks to make your quickhacks cooldown faster and in general do more damage - and you get good defenses with high cool.

as for the third stat that's up to the player. I personally like reflexes because blades and sniper rifles are cool and give a change of pace, but body is good too if you want monowire or shotgun instead, or tech if you want the crafting perks.

INT alone is enough for a netrunner build. Contagion is nuts if you pair it with cool poison perks, but not mandatory. You can still
- purchase the cyberdeck that spreads offensive hacks and just use short circuit/overheat
- purchase the cyberdeck that cuts ultimate hack ram costs and go full suicide/cyberpsychosis.

But to be fair, I think you might not enjoy the game better because of the build. I tried a full waifu weeb samurai build, a gun techie build, a netrunner one and a solo fistfighter. Combat eventually becomes too easy in all of them and the netrunner is kinda of the worst, since enemies are absolutely helpless if you hack them sneakily, it does too much damage and there's no counter. It's kinda awesome, but you get too strong too fast, so doing gigs might become repetitive...
the cool poison perks don't apply to contagion. at least not the 2x poison damage perk, if that's what you're referring to. not that it matter tho cuz even w/out it contagion is ridiculous

@OP

your logic is sound, i'd just go with it. i personally went INT/TECH/COOL and it was ridiculous. tech was a complete waste tho, but honest 20INT, as someone already stated, by itself is enough to roflstomp everything in the game so you might as well go w/ what you think will be more fun

the cool poison perks don't apply to contagion. at least not the 2x poison damage perk, if that's what you're referring to. not that it matter tho cuz even w/out it contagion is ridiculous
It's actually chemical damage not poison as AFAIK English text suggests. That caused confusions.

On my second playthrough I decided I was going to roll with a stat spread like this at level 45:

11 Body
16 Intelligence
18 Reflexes
18 Cool
3 Technical Ability

And then with 5 attribute points remaining deciding on whether to take Cool and/or Reflexes to 20 or Body to 16.

On my first playthrough I went 20 Intelligence/20 Cool/20 Reflexes/8 Technical Ability, playing most of the game as a netrunner that converted into a pistols/blades cyberninja towards the end.

1. 11 Body is required for run & gun perks in athletics that allow you to shoot and reload while sprinting/vaulting/sliding. I found this was a big downer when boost double jumping and one shotting dudes to have to slow to jogging pace to reload.

2. 16 Intelligence because it is all that is needed to be 90% of a pure Technomage Netrunner. You need 16 for Critical Error which allows your quickhacks to crit.

The only thing you will miss is Legendary System Reset and the Head Start perk (+1 free daemon on breach protocol) which is nice quality of life and I will miss it. The rest of the level 18 and 20 perks either don't work such as Anamnesis and Compression or they are surplus to requirement like Buffer Optimisation. If you need more than 3 minutes to wipe out everyone on the subnet 10 times over, you are doing it wrong.

You will be able to farm access points for legendary quickhacks but Epic System Reset is only obtainable from a quest ("Spellbound" from Nix in the Afterlife). You need 20 Intelligence + Bartmoss' Legacy to upgrade it. Legendary quickhacks have passive effects and System Reset's passive is quite good for an ultimate hack spam build with Rippler Mk.4.

3. Reflexes and Cool are both stats I considered taking to 20 for the top level perks in Blades and Cold Blood (crit). Most level 20 perks are not very good so there are very few reasons to go higher than 18. Cold Blood probably has the most useful level 20 perk to dump points into if you are out of ideas because it gives both crit chance + crit damage. Cold Blood in general is just too good. It makes you really fast, really tanky and gives you a tonne of crit.

4. Technical Ability I decided to sacrifice. I really wanted to like crafting and saved up perks and attribute points to max it before deciding ultimately that I wanted to go with reflexes instead. Crafting has a lot of problems and encourages save scumming, click spamming and vendor resetting. All things I find really unenjoyable. I'll miss crit grenades though.

Ok so main thing with going Body/Reflex primary attribute and 16 Intelligence secondary is you can run a Cyberdeck with Legendary Short Circuit. The passive will trigger Short Circuit damage on crit and it will work for everything. Guns, Blades, Fists, Quickhacks. It will add 40k damage to your blade strikes. You can stomp all the boxing matches with no stamina/body perks on Very Hard.

There is a game bug which affects some people and prevents you from looting quickhacks from access points. I suspect this is due to completion of the quests "The Gift" and "Spellbound" whose reward is a quickhack marked as a quest item. So check that you are able to loot quickhacks from access points before and/or after completing these quests, or leave them open until it can be confirmed.

Last edited:
Just focus on Int, little bit of Cool. the rest is up to your preference. Some people go for Tech since it helps boost up defense or for tech weapon.

So for my netrunner I went 20's in int, tech, & cool, that was fantastic, and I rarely used any weapons outside of hacks. I split the remaining points evenly between body and quickness, but I think with int/cool being maxed anything else is viable. If I did it again, I'd probably put everything else into body since I've heard the monowhip ties to body's street brawler, and then I can open up EVERYTHING!
This was my first build also. Feels like a mage build. Sadly no netrunner chairs of our own to jack into, then hunt down netrunners ....or dangerous netrunners hunting for us....or hiring netrunner npc's at the afterlife to go on sidemissions with.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone replying and throwing in their thoughts. I have to admit that while I love the game world, the mechanics of it can sometimes leave me very frustrated.

Top Bottom