+

In Cyberpunk it feels like my character is not connected to the ground but rather constantly hovering because there not enough details: no sounds of my steps on the ground, no screenshake, overall it feels like my character doesn't have any weight.

In the exampe you gave from CP the footsteps are glitched out I think. It's annoying bug that have persisted for a while now. When it's not present and you can clearly hear your footsteps it doesn't feel not grounded at all to me imo. There is room from improvement indeed however. For instance whether you wear heavy combat boots or high heel shoes the sound of your footsteps is similar (read almost the same). This can be indeed improved upon, but for me personally it's not a deal breaker. And hopefully that glitch will be fixed soon too.

Oh ok nvm for the sound part then. I'm not saying that it should be a priority either as CDPR have more important stuff to adress atm, but I still feel like the character movements and animations could get a lot more attention in the future because theses kinds of details matter when you try to immerse the player into the game. It feels very rough, wich contrast with how polished the animations of others chracters are.

I feel ALL games need more visceral features. Especially in combat.

In RL we do not always have unwavering manipulation of our mass, determination of our direction nor warrant of our balance.
Neither should we in games that are trying to be relatively realistic and immersive.

I am not saying that pressing your controls should always do nothing (sometimes yes). However it should be a small fight to stabilize once there is a good reason the actor has been forced precarious.

But then players start to complain they do not have control of their actor. :rolleyes:

I feel ALL games need more visceral features. Especially in combat.

In RL we do not always have unwavering manipulation of our mass, determination of our direction nor warrant of our balance.
Neither should we in games that are trying to be relatively realistic and immersive.

I am not saying that pressing your controls should always do nothing (sometimes yes). However it should be a small fight to stabilize once there is a good reason the actor has been forced precarious.

But then players start to complain they do not have control of their actor. :rolleyes:
Oh no. Bad idea :D
I hate that in all Rock Star games (it could be "realist" but it's not fun at all)

I think the issue is that it feels like you're just floating over the ground at head height. This combined with how much the player glitches out and takes damage when moving over uneven ground makes the movement fairly unpleasant in general.

Oh no. Bad idea :D
I hate that in all Rock Star games (it could be "realist" but it's not fun at all)

Not fun is when you are hit by a two handed war hammer by a giant and the screen justs wobbles a little... :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Just A LOT more than this:

But not like this:

:LOL:

Last edited:
Top Bottom