FEEDBACK - Please let netrunners hack you with other abilities

+
I have found a mod that lets enemy netrunners hack you with other quick hacks besides just spamming Overheat and Reveal Position. They can shut down your quickhacking, disable your cyberware, cripple your movement, hit you with a system shock, the list goes on. This mod also lets them hit you with a system failure which outright KILLS you. Now that last one is a bit much for me, but apparently the reason the enemies in the game don't do this by default in the game is because someone typo'd something in the games code? There's a line of code with an incorrect number or something?

I don't know if that's true, but even if it isn't - PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE GAME. It would make the combat so much more dynamic. I honestly can't believe this isn't in the game already (supposedly it's meant to be but unsure). The one thing that bothers me about the combat in this game is that the enemies really get stale... quickly too. I play on the hardest difficulty and I don't even need to worry about enemy resistances, enemy health, what cyberware they have, anything. My character uses pistols and quickhacking and I can very often take out enemies from afar because of my quickhacks. It would be incredible if the enemy netrunners had the capability of actually shutting down my cyberware and quickhacking to force me into thinking outside of this narrow box the game has put me in.

Also the reason I am leaving feedback here is because I don't know where else to put it. Thanks.

Amen to that.

It's quite stunning how you're literally just stuck with overheat, which isn't even effective.

These Netrunners should be feared and be the primary target to take out first. If you just blindly shoot and run further, you could get stunned and quickly taken out.

Maybe they could then make healing stims and other tweaks to reduce these effects when consumed. Armor that reduces damage from hacking for example etc.

I already made a suggestion about game needing to make you feel special, and it definitely also means making various enemy types as well.

I'm happy this thread got a bit of attention lol. It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.

The problem is just that the game is honestly too easy... I don't know if I just got extremely lucky and somehow hit the magic bullet but with the pistol/quickhack build I'm using it's just a bit of a joke. I think by adding in the other quickhacking abilities to the netrunner enemies would be a cool way of upping the difficulty of the game, rather than just stat boosting everything.

Plus for the story and lore of the game it also makes sense, hell even in one of the games launch trailers they have a netrunner hacking V's cyberware and shutting it off. I agree with Surma., The netrunners should be one of the most feared enemies in this sort of world. But instead you can just tank whatever they do because they can literally only make you burn for an insignificant amount of damage over time... They don't feel like hackers, they feel like snipers that have just hit you with a poison dart lol.

I dunno... I just think that adding more abilities to the netrunners is a good place to start, and it would help you feel incredible when your cyberware gets turned off and you have to outthink the situation and then manage to pull it off. Rather than just guns blazing.

Yeah, it could be cool :)
Even if in my case, it wouldn't change anything. Very Hard, stealth, focused on crit chance/crit damage, very low armor generally less than 1K even at level 50 (so entering in combat is never a good idea). In short, hostile netrunners never have the chance to see me nor to exercise their talents on me.
But for other builds, why not.

I'm happy this thread got a bit of attention lol. It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.
This is a very good idea and important topic. This has been discussed before in other topics, here for example, but there were others. I actually recall LeKill3rFou having really good ideas regarding this from some discussion months ago. It just that those discussions tended to also cover enhancing hostile NPC cyberware capabilities too and then it sort of feels unnecessary repetition when you have gone over it couple of times at least already.

That's to underscore this topics importance. It's good that people show interest to this feature and present their ideas. What CDPR then does, that's up to them but I'm happy it's just not couple of people months ago who thought that hostile netrunners taking better advantage from quickhacks would be idea worth experimenting with, even if limited only to harder difficulty levels.

this by default in the game is because someone typo'd something in the games code? There's a line of code with an incorrect number or something?

OK so I am not a big fan of fighting the netrunners however if it is true it is a mis-type in the code this should have priority bug fix.
Those kind of bugs are the most embarrassing, at least they are for me as I make a little too many of them in my own code...

Yeah, one of my favourite mods is the Netrunner AI. It's excellent.

And you can protect yourself - get Self Ice cyberware. Or, you know, hack them first.
I don't think it's already in the mod, but if CDPR decide to improve hostile netrunners QHs, I hope they will add all the ultimate QHs :)
Honestly, Detonate Grenade, Suicide and Cyberpsychosis could be damn hilarious :D
I can imagine the same animations (and dialogue lines) in first person as on the enemies, damn good !

Like detonate Grenade, where V unpin an equipped or random grenade from the inventory and watch it explode in his hand "Oh no.... !!!!"
The same for Suicide where V turns his gun on himself shouting "Crap, crap, crap, what I'm doing !? Bam !"
Also Cyberspsychosis... V would loose control of himself for few (long) seconds and shoot on everything who move around him, cops, civilians, whatever...

Yeah, one of my favourite mods is the Netrunner AI. It's excellent.

And you can protect yourself - get Self Ice cyberware. Or, you know, hack them first.
Is there an upload time and you can avoid the hack if you kill the netrunner before the timer ends?

Top Bottom