Feelings Evoked by the Cyberpunk Music

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I posted this at the end of the music thread with almost 2,000 replies on it and I was afraid it would get completely overlooked so here it is.

I came across this vid not too long ago and I was mesmerized by it. I'm hoping that this synth wave type of feel and oddly serene skyline view is taken into account for the soundtrack and worldbuilding in cyberpunk. If there is one thing I'm looking for out of this game, it's the feeling this video gives me incorporated into a real living world.

I also really enjoy the music from Perturbator if anyone is interested enough to check them out.

So I posted this at the end of the music thread with almost 2,000 replies on it and I was afraid it would get completely overlooked so here it is.

I came across this vid not too long ago and I was mesmerized by it. I'm hoping that this synth wave type of feel and oddly serene skyline view is taken into account for the soundtrack and worldbuilding in cyberpunk. If there is one thing I'm looking for out of this game, it's the feeling this video gives me incorporated into a real living world.

I also really enjoy the music from Perturbator if anyone is interested enough to check them out.
That's a very neat scene. I love that. I've always wanted to have a small-ish skyscraper apartment, looking over a nighttime cityscape like that (in a game). The scene gives you a feeling of melancholy, or tranquility. You feel small, but at peace with it.

Anyway, on to the point of the topic... I think generally speaking, synth and cyberpunk-y music does often evoke a feeling of despair. But, there's also so many different tones, even within the synth genre itself.

Heck, even Perurbator's music can vary wildly.

Humans are Such Easy Prey, for example, is a bit on the depressing side. Listening to it, as much as I love it, gives you a sense of hopelessness, like a force is pressing against you and you can't break past. His other music can make you feel fear, or anxiety.

Future Club, on the other hand, makes you want to get up and fight the power. You feel like jumping around and punching the air.

@Panvi great video, much appreciated.

I can see you already posted it in CP Soundtrack thread, so there's no need to keep a separate thread for it. Feelings evoked by the music people post can definitely be discussed there too :)

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom