Female Characters (what I want to see)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Female Characters (what I want to see)

This thread is in regards to things you want to see for female characters in the game.

1. Realistic hair, i want to see a lot of hairstyles and options for colors and lengths.

2. Fashion, i think it would be cool if the clothing styles change to the areas of the world you are in.

3. I think being able to change the eye color would be cool

4. girly mannerisms, and movements. (Some games have the females acting like linebackers)

thats all i can think of at the moment, give me your input on this topic.

Aver

Forum veteran

This thread is in regards to things you want to see for female characters in the game.

Sounds like someone watched "Ultraviolet" recently.

I'm still sorry I watched it at all.

Seriously though, I'll break it down...

1. Realistic hair, i want to see a lot of hairstyles and options for colors and lengths.

And men don't have different hairstyles, options and colors? Why do you just want this on female characters?

2. Fashion, i think it would be cool if the clothing styles change to the areas of the world you are in.

This is a totally absurd and useless idea.

Again, just on the females? I'm a guy, when I go to work my clothing style changes. When I go to get a tattoo it changes again (I wear my regular clothes). If I go to a wedding, I wear a suit., etc.

If you mean in general, then yes, what the NPCS, both male and female wear, would be different in at a Corporate or Media setting than they would be a Nomad meeting, a Rockerboy concert or a police station. PCs can wear what they want, when they want and where they want.

If you mean, arrive in a new zone and her wardrobe automatically matches the style of clothing prevalent in the area, then no. That implies she decided to go back to her house and change clothes for no reason other than to go back to her place and change clothes.

3. I think being able to change the eye color would be cool

Wasted development time and dollars for something you'd hardly be able to notice unless you stay zoomed in on female character's faces in games. Kind of creepy.

4. girly mannerisms, and movements. (Some games have the females acting like linebackers)

This is the only one that makes any sense and adds something realistic to the game. I'm sure the animators will have this covered.

thats all i can think of at the moment, give me your input on this topic.

Not trying to be harsh, just constructive criticism of your post.

"girly"! *shudder* Really?! It was bad enough watching the weird walking styles of the female characters in Dragon Age 2. I'd hate to be locked into third person perspective with a character that I'd just spent hours making tough, badass and overflowing with attitude only to have her flounce and wiggle every time she moved. Give me the default male walk then if that's the case. I want my character to strut around like she owns the city (or soon will). :)

On a related note I just found out the girl in front of the Cyberware shop is Alt Cunningham. Is this design really going to be the canon design for her character!? was she really a supermodel and computer genius? It rubs me the wrong way that this is a character design of a expert netrunner but then I don't know much about the character other than that. What do you guys thing of her deisgn?

Has sort of a HEAVY METAL feel to it. "Look into me and gaze with wonder, LOOK!" Then the glowing green orb melts your face off. Lol Cue the really out of place metal music

On a related note I just found out the girl in front of the Cyberware shop is Alt Cunningham. Is this design really going to be the canon design for her character!? was she really a supermodel and computer genius? It rubs me the wrong way that this is a character design of a expert netrunner but then I don't know much about the character other than that. What do you guys thing of her deisgn?

Uhh. You just found out? Because nearly any thread discussing the trailer mentions this. Yes, she's a genius. Yes, she's super-hot - she used to date Johnny Silverhand who has his pick AND super-hot in 2020 is relatively easy to do, with money.

Yes, she's very very dead.

The design is from nearly 20 years ago Real Time and isn't CDPR at all. I love them for putting it in the game though.

What I want to see is them being treated like human beings, you know? I don't see why either gender deserves special treatment. If anything, I'd like men to have as many customisation options as women usually do, as some games seem to have less choices for some reason. Judging by dev's comments, this won't be a problem.

We already have a topic on Character Customisation, please feel free to post all your ideas and suggestions there.This thread is redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom