Female deaths CENSORED or BUG? Why can I not cut the few female human enemies in half / do a finisher?? (+ nearly no blood)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a couple encounters in TW2 where you killed female elves and you never got a finisher with them. I could give them the benefit of the doubt and say the variety of models doesn't allow for finishers for everyone, but in this case I'm fairly certain they toned things down to avoid a shit storm. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in . Anita and company are already hammering away on Twitter about the game. I think in some cases CDPR is too eager to please, and I wish they had that fuck it all attitude from 5-7 years ago.

There were a couple encounters in TW2 where you killed female elves and you never got a finisher with them. I could give them the benefit of the doubt and say the variety of models doesn't allow for finishers for everyone, but in this case I'm fairly certain they toned things down to avoid a shit storm. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in . Anita and company are already hammering away on Twitter about the game.

I wouldn't worry to much. I'm sure on the PC end at least mods will address this in one way or another.

As for why there are no female bandits- female fighters in history are extremely rare, especially before the creation of guns. Most of the famous female warriors were not so much soldiers as generals.

But The Witcher 3 even has female soldiers, fighters, bandits etc. And not just a few of them. Thing is that they all are actual characters, not just random enemies you can fight against.

---------- Updated at 03:50 PM ----------

You save-loaded 20 times just to look at that one particular NPC's death just because it was a female?
Seriously?

I think you have a problem, not the game.

Because this is important for me?

(I actually save-loaded it 20 times because I like to slice people in half.)

But The Witcher 3 even has female soldiers, fighters, bandits etc. And not just a few of them. Thing is that they all are actual characters, not just random enemies you can fight against.

Hmm, I can only recall one human female soldier who wasn't affected in some way by a curse/something magical, and her backstory is explored in the Witcher 2. How many others are there?

How about back to topic and drop the rape discussion you posters above, it's not relevant to the original post and is just going to cause a fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it was censored, just like so many other things in the game. It's taken part of the adult, realistic edge off of The Witcher's story.

I wouldn't worry to much. I'm sure on the PC end at least mods will address this in one way or another.

It's not about the "game mechanic" itself, it's about CD Projekt's (and many other dev's) attitude towards this.
It's a difference if a developer includes something in their game themselves or if some modder does it.

And as long as none of them tells me that this is just a bug, I will consider this a deliberate choice of them.

Anita already picked a bone with this game, how much you want to bet that she'll argue that THIS is sexism because they censored female deaths while CDR actually wanted to avoid touching this subject. You can always nitpick around with that movement to make it seem you're right... At least, that's what I've noticed.

I don't know, censorship would seem weird to me...I mean they already have whores, sex and nudity so the feminists were bound to be pissed anyway. Does not make sense that RED would do all the sex stuff and then censor violence.

If it is indeed censored though then it's shame...either go all the way or don't go at all.

Feminists bitch about that game already anyway. Do they play that game? No. Do they buy that game? No. Are feminists their goal audience? No.
No need to please someone as irrelevant as Anita Sarkeesian and her bigoted fellows.

They have whores in there, sex, tits and ass, women who dress revealingly, who openly express their sexual intentions, etc.
All the stuff these radical feminists have a problem with. But oooh, killing women, that's too much, better not piss them off.

You cannot please these feminists anyway. No matter what you do. So why care about beheading female bandits? They are just as evil as their male colleagues and you should be able to kill them in the same evil ways. It's just stupid that they made it like this. I'm really disappointed.
As I said, Skyrim did it too. Who cared? No one did.
So many of you have zero grasp of what feminism really is. There is plenty of concern that women are being objectified in movies and games and they are simply trying to bring awareness. If you and others are more concerned about dismembering females and more graphic nudity than the game itself then gaming indeed is heading down a dark path. BTW all feminists want is equality and not to be objectified. As per th issue it matters not to me that they don't show the vagina there is still full nudity and if you're that obsessed with graphic violence and nudity I pray games never please you because that would lead us down a path I don't want to go.

So many of you have zero grasp of what feminism really is. There is plenty of concern that women are being objectified in movies and games and they are simply trying to bring awareness. If you and others are more concerned about dismembering females and more graphic nudity than the game itself then gaming indeed is heading down a dark path. BTW all feminists want is equality and not to be objectified. As per th issue it matters not to me that they don't show the vagina there is still full nudity and if you're that obsessed with graphic violence and nudity I pray games never please you because that would lead us down a path I don't want to go.

Exactly! So stop saying feminist arent playing this game, some of us are - and maybe we cant fully enjoy it like others can, but dont act like we arent there. Got a problem with not beeing able to cut a woman into a half? Well, maybe you should ask yourself why this is a matter to you - and just from a feminist point of a view: Cutting bandit women into half isnt going to make this game more or less sexist.

It is quite fucking ridiculous how most developers nowadays cripple their games because the perceived need for political correctness dictates so. Remember the outrage over a silly, and completely harmless joke in Pillars of Eternity, which was perceived to be "transphobic" (a made-up word) by some self righteous SJW-s, and subsequently removed. Wi3 still represents the better end of the scale, as there is female nudity, and prostitution, but apparently, feminazism still got into the game. I have not experienced this issue first hand, but if it is indeed a conscious design decision, I hope it gets amended. Vioence is violence, whether it is directed against males or females. I also firmly believe that every act of violence has to be evaluated in context. In a medieval-like setting, where witch burning and whoring are commonplace, murdering a female bandit should NOT elicit outrage. This is how the fucking world in the game works, get over it.

So many of you have zero grasp of what feminism really is. BTW all feminists want is equality and not to be objectified. if you're that obsessed with graphic violence and nudity I pray games never please you because that would lead us down a path I don't want to go.

Aha, that's why Anita Sarkeesian is bitching about any kind of woman that doesn't fit her personal view of what a woman should be like? If I got 1€ every time some "feminist" told me what to and what not to do, or "how I or any female character is womaning wrong", my Lamborghini would be orange.
Not my fault that these SJWs are dragging that term through the dirt.

You say it's about equality yet you mock me about my post that asks for equality? You are such a hypocrite.
Censoring female deaths yet allowing the male ones seems quite unequal to me, doesn't it?!
You cannot have it both ways, wanting equality yet not wanting equality.

Got a problem with not beeing able to cut a woman into a half? Well, maybe you should ask yourself why this is a matter to you

Why does it matter that you can cut a man in half? For me it matters because they treat them differently just because of their gender.

Last edited:
It is quite fucking ridiculous how most developers nowadays cripple their games because the perceived need for political correctness dictates so. Remember the outrage over a silly, and completely harmless joke in Pillars of Eternity, which was perceived to be "transphobic" (a made-up word) by some self righteous SJW-s, and subsequently removed. Wi3 still represents the better end of the scale, as there is female nudity, and prostitution, but apparently, feminazism still got into the game. I have not experienced this issue first hand, but if it is indeed a conscious design decision, I hope it gets amended. Vioence is violence, whether it is directed against males or females. I also firmly believe that every act of violence has to be evaluated in context. In a medieval-like setting, where witch burning and whoring are commonplace, murdering a female bandit should NOT elicit outrage. This is how the fucking world in the game works, get over it.

You mean this is how the game world used to be. Feminist are trying to change it, so that anybody can enjoy it, I dont get whats so wrong with it - oh and btw, the final decision is made by the developer, not by the critics.
And a joke is silly and fully harmless, untill you are the one, which it is aimed to - so, if you arent a transwomen or -man, you dont have any right to say if it was harmless or awfull, sorry mate :/

---------- Updated at 08:19 PM ----------

Aha, that's why Anita Sarkeesian is bitching about any kind of woman that doesn't fit her personal view of what a woman should be like? If I got 1€ every time some "feminist" told me what to and what not to do, my Lamborghini would be orange.
Not my fault that these SJWs are dragging that term through the dirt.

You say it's about equality yet you mock me about my post that asks for equality? You are such a hypocrite.
Censoring female deaths yet allowing the male ones seems quite unequal to me, doesn't it?!

Sorry, his answer wasnt about your need of slicing a women into a half, it was about objectivication.

You mean this is how the game world used to be. Feminist are trying to change it, so that anybody can enjoy it, I dont get whats so wrong with it - oh and btw, the final decision is made by the developer, not by the critics.
And a joke is silly and fully harmless, untill you are the one, which it is aimed to - so, if you arent a transwomen or -man, you dont have any right to say if it was harmless or awfull, sorry mate :/

---------- Updated at 08:19 PM ----------

Sorry, his answer wasnt about your need of slicing a women into a half, it was about objectivication.

It is you who does not get it. Would you say that the game objectifies men, because it lets players cut men in half? Feminists keep babbling about equality. Here's equality for you. Or rather, here's positive discrimination for you, which is NOT equality. Also: The joke I was referring to was not aimed at transgender people. It recounted the tale of a man, who got so drunk that he accidentally slept with another man. Following the revelation, he comitted suicide. Only a self-righteous, hypocritical SJW-SOAB would read transphobia, or any reference to transgendered people into that joke.

Also: If I, as a MAN find the fact that men get sliced up objectionable, should it be removed too? Where is the end to this PC bullshit? Women do not get sliced up because of their gender. Men get sliced up too. Because they are criminals, and you are fighting them with a fucking big sword. There is nothing to debate here

Okay, so then it's directed at you. Why would you not want to slice women into half if you are so much for equality? Why does gender matter when it comes to killing bandits?

Last edited:
Stiiill not really about a BUG, if it is a BUG, I'm sure the developers have seen it. Well, sort of sure.

Politics aren't really a thing we like around here, including gender politics. So, closing thread. Oh, look, censorship! How ironic! Ah, me.

Edit: also handing out bans for people not staying on W3 or BUG topic, despite Dragon warning you. Bye, kids!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom