Female NPCs have male names! Why is that?

+
I have been scanning NPCs and it is almost 75% of the females have male names (i am talking about arabic names and sometimes english.) Sometimes i even see male with female names but it is like 10%.
Is the same case when it comes to names from other cultures?

It gets worse than that. Sometimes, when you address adult pedestrians, they'll answer with lines from children, with a child's voice that at times doesn't even match the sex of the NPC you're talking to. This happens quite regularly in the italian version of the game, dunno about the others. Randomization with NPC lines is all over the place.

I have been scanning NPCs and it is almost 75% of the females have male names (i am talking about arabic names and sometimes english.) Sometimes i even see male with female names but it is like 10%.
It looks like this is a bug and will probably fix it over time. I often saw it myself, and my friends told me so.

Fun fact: whenever a NPC in a movie/game/comic/ etc fantastic setting has a Finnish name, they will almost always have genders reversed. Males have female names and vice versa. As a Finnish person I find this hilarious.

I think this goes for many other non-english languages as well. As an example I remember the japanese ninja character Yukio from marvel comics (and "the wolverine" movie) who is female, even though "Yukio" is a japanese male name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukio_(comics)

Last edited:
MIX IT UP!!!

1616505531071.png

Top Bottom