Fetch Quests have been replaced by Loot Quests

+
Fetch Quests have been replaced by Loot Quests

(SPOILER WARNING)

Hi

I find the loot quests in this game to be very unsatisfying (Hidden Treasures, Guarded Treasures, Smugglers Caches, Bandit Camps, etc). This is mostly because of the 'repetitive loot' that you get (especially in late game when you've gained most of the possible loot at some stage in the game).

I did find these quests worth doing for the potion recipes and crafting diagrams, as well as for the lore about the witchers from the schools and their stories. In my opinion there should have been more of these (lore loot) instead of 101 Novigrad Longswords or God forbid Spiekeroog Armors. There could have been more books about the 'White Frost' or 'Elderblood', about the witcher schools and the world of the witcher in general (like the lore about the Scoietel, the Gnomes of Mahakam, etc). This would have gone a long way to fleshing out the world of the game (esp. for new comers).

I have an idea that I'd like to share with you that you could possibly include in a future enhanced edition. Geralt comes across a book of a mysterious mage (in a cave for example) who spent his life trying to uncover the secrets of witcher mutations. This peaks his interest and he then follows clues to the whereabouts of the other books that the mage wrote (or better yet, his secret laboratory). Once Geralt finds the mage's research, he discovers the secrets to the mutegenic potions that are required to fully transform a human into a witcher (secrets that have been long lost to time). Better yet, the mage discovers a safer method for ensuring that more boys survive the trials however the mage died before he could confirm this in practice. Geralt then could take this knowledge back to Vesimir and decide what to do with it (destroy it, keep it for future reference, or even use it on uma during that main quest). This would have had Geralt travelling around the open world (preferably after he finds Ciri since it makes no sense for him to be doing anything else besides finding her before then (a major flaw in the story that I'll discuss some other time)).

All in all, I do think that the devs wasted too much time and resources in creating these loot quests, time and resources that the main quest (especially the final mission) sorely needed.

Top Bottom