Few bugs I found after playing the game for a while

+
Few bugs I found after playing the game for a while

1. Skellige 'Clan an Craite Raider' doesn't seem to trigger any discard mechanics when he is selected as a discard card. Not sure if this is intended but if it is then he is pretty much a useless card so I am guessing it is a bug.

2. 'Torrential Rain' spelling error - Card has the exact same wording as Biting Frost which is obviously a bug (melee needs to be replaced with siege). It works as intended though.

3. Game breaking mechanic exploit that needs to get fixed ASAP - As of right now it is possible to farm orens by queuing for games and instantly surrendering. Usually if you forfeit the game and give someone a free win the said player will give you the 5 oren tip. It is common courtesy anyway to always tip others because why not right? Queuing for a game and instantly losing takes no longer than 5 to 10 seconds which renders playing normally and trying to win less efficient. Kind of silly if you ask me.

Easy fix for this that comes to my mind is the following:

If someone forfeits 2nd time in a row he won't earn any orens until he wins a game.

4. Also a small suggestion: add an option to mill cards with different artwork if you have one of each. Lets say I have one of each Reaver Hunter and Blue Stripes Commando but I also have extras with the same art that I will never use. Would be a nice addition if the game detected this and treated the said cards as spares to mill.

5. I don't like the current Gaunter O'Dimm card at all, it doesn't really fit his character lore-wise (with him being a djinn of sorts granting false wishes and all) and is not very interesting. I'd change him into a 12 strength gold spy with the following ability: Choose any card in your deck and play it instantly.

I will keep on editing this thread if I encounter any further bugs and whatnot.

Last edited:
Before you start a new thread, please read the sticky "CLOSED BETA KNOWN ISSUES" first. If the issue you encounter is not listed there, please proceed as written in the sticky "Reporting Tech Support Issues for Gwent". Not more than one issue per thread (your case is special tho, I will come to that) and the use of the "forum search" (if you get a blank page refresh a few times and it should desplay the results) to check if your issue is already stated elsewhere.

1.: Would you be more precise, please? I encounter no bug when I discard him with Ermion, Svanrige (...). Keep in mind that destroying an already played card is not discarding.

2.:
Torrential rain tooltip currently states that the effect applies to the Melee row whereas it actually applies to the Siege row. We are looking into this issue.

3.: No double postings. You already started a thread about this. Suggested solution: Don't give one who didn't even play a "good game", that makes no sense. Exploit fixed.

4.: No bug so I let be as is.

5.: The card is pretty much the same as it was in the Witcher 3 version of Gwent.
Rumour is that he is no Djinn but more like a devil (Master Mirror!) or simply Gaunter O'Dimm.

Before you start a new thread, please read the sticky "CLOSED BETA KNOWN ISSUES" first. If the issue you encounter is not listed there, please proceed as written in the sticky "Reporting Tech Support Issues for Gwent". Not more than one issue per thread (your case is special tho, I will come to that) and the use of the "forum search" (if you get a blank page refresh a few times and it should desplay the results) to check if your issue is already stated elsewhere.

1.: Would you be more precise, please? I encounter no bug when I discard him with Ermion, Svanrige (...). Keep in mind that destroying an already played card is not discarding.

2.:

3.: No double postings. You already started a thread about this. Suggested solution: Don't give one who didn't even play a "good game", that makes no sense. Exploit fixed.

4.: No bug so I let be as is.

5.: The card is pretty much the same as it was in the Witcher 3 version of Gwent.
Rumour is that he is no Djinn but more like a devil (Master Mirror!) or simply Gaunter O'Dimm.

1. I am very well aware that destroying an already played card is not discarding but 'Clan an Craite Raider' is an exception, the card bugged for me multiple times when I chose to discard it. It got played and yet I was unable to draw a card.

2. Great.

3. I am not double posting, I decided to make a thread that I will update as I encounter further bugs. It made sense to include everything I encountered already.

4. Sure, not a bug but it is really damn annoying and I know quite a few players who get annoyed by this as well. As more players advance in their card progression this will become an even greater issue. Should be looked at without a doubt.

5. Yeah, which doesn't make it well designed. The card is boring and it is irrelevant that Gaunter is not a Djinn, his entire character is about granting false wishes.

1.:
1. I am very well aware that destroying an already played card is not discarding but 'Clan an Craite Raider' is an exception

No, it is not. It is only the exception for discarding, not for destroying it. That's the point. "When this unit is discarded, play it instead." Which card did you use when this bug occurred? King Bran? Because all other Skellige cards I know that draw and discard cards do that in this exact order, first draw then discard. So if it should be that you King Bran won't let you draw one after discarding a Clan an Craite Raider you better mention that. In that case it is King Bran that is bugged.

3.: Once more:
  1. Post one issue at a time. It is much easier to reply to issues for everyone - other users, moderators and Reds - when one topic contains input regarding one issue.
  2. [...]
You shall not write a compendium, that is what the first sticky thread (also mentioned in my post) is there for.

About 3, 4 & 5: You made a thread about bug reports, it is confusing if you then post general suggestions that are not related to any bugs. If you want to make those, open another thread. Just not in the Tech Support section but General Discussion because these are obviously no technical difficulties you encountered.

Yes. Please keep it to ONE ISSUE PER THREAD. It makes it so that you have 4-5 topics going on in the same thread which is very disjointed for other users.

Yes I meant discarding, not destroying. I had two Clan an Craite Raiders in my opening hand and afterwards played Ermion. Both Raiders got played but I didn't draw any cards. This happened multiple times when I was playing Skellige so I just stopped since I made a discard deck. I'll give it a go again to see if the bug still persists.

Last edited:
So there is no problem with the Raiders - you said those were played when discarded - but Ermion which didn't draw two cards.

Just to make sure, you were not in the third round and had already emptied your deck? I'm serious about that, it is actually possible. Depending on your deck you can draw up to 24 cards with nothing but Skellige units before even playing Ermion. If you have Eskel, Lambert and Vesemir in your deck you could even draw 26 (minimum to play a deck is 25). And there are also cards with which the opponent can draw cards from your deck (e.g. Johnny).

Last edited:
Huh? You don't have to explain the game mechanics to me, I understand them quite well but let me try to clarify again what happened:

Game starts, the very first round. I have two Clan an Craite Raiders in my OPENING HAND. I use my Ermion to discard the said riders yet I draw 0 cards. They are played but no cards are drawn and they SHOULD trigger card draw.

The above happened more than once when I was playing Skellige and not just with Ermion but different discard cards as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom