Fiery Blast (melee) and Payback (blunt) zeros dps and aps of weapons (Correction!!!)

+
The below is not correct (see my next post)!!

I've tested that several times with different games. To reproduce the issue:
  • Spec into Fiery Blast (Reflexes > Blades)
  • Equip a melee weapon and check it's stats (dps & aps)
  • Use it in combat; it may take some several kills/attacks
  • Check the stats of your melee weapon
The dps & aps will reduce and eventually hit zero. Same for blunt weapons when you spec Payback (Body > Street Brawler). Workaround: Drop the weapon and pick it up again. For Mantis Blades/Gorilla Arms you need to see a ripper doc (equip smthg else and re-equip).

Cheers Euclid

ps: Bug report submitted to the Official Tech Support Website. E.

Last edited:
I've tested that several times with different games. To reproduce the issue:
  • Spec into Fiery Blast (Reflexes > Blades)
  • Equip a melee weapon and check it's stats (dps & aps)
  • Use it in combat; it may take some several kills/attacks
  • Check the stats of your melee weapon
The dps & aps will reduce and eventually hit zero. Same for blunt weapons when you spec Payback (Body > Street Brawler). Workaround: Drop the weapon and pick it up again. For Mantis Blades/Gorilla Arms you need to see a ripper doc (equip smthg else and re-equip).

Cheers Euclid

ps: Bug report submitted to the Official Tech Support Website. E.
Great find! Thanks for posting and reporting. (y)

Started a new toon on Friday and avoided the skills mentioned in the OP. However, melee weapons suddenly still reduced dps to zero!

After several hours of testing I've found the culprit: Cold Blood > Predator together with Coolagulant. More precise: You can use the latter but NOT with Predator as it will reduce the aps with each stack of cold blood removed. Indeed, the zero dps on the weapon is due to the reduced aps. When it reaches zero then also the dps is zero.

Sorry for the initial confusion. :(

Filed a corrected report to Official Tech Support Website. E.

Last edited:
Attempted this fix and couldn't make it work. Started a new game Dps still went to zero. Did a clean reinstall and there was no change.

Top Bottom