Fight Wild Hunt or Not?

+
Fight Wild Hunt or Not?

I know there is no difference to the ending based on the choice and it doesn't carry over to witcher 2 but what is the better choice? Fighting the wild hunt or just giving his soul away? Lore wise what would be the better one to choose? Also the game hasn't said a lot about the wild hunt can someone who has read the books explain who he really is and what he really does? All i know is that he resurrected geralt when he was killed with a pitchfork in some battle.

I'll let someone else explain the lore. I usually make this decision based not on who the King of the Wild Hunt is but on who GERALT is. He's not the kind of guy who likes being pushed around, and he doesn't kowtow to authority. My Geralt always fights the King of the Wild Hunt because his reaction to the KotWH's "Hand over the soul; I'm too powerful for you to fight" attitude is "Oh, yeah? We'll see about that!" ;)

I tried both ways and found killing him to be more satisfying and something a witcher would do. Thanks for advice, off to witcher 2 :)

The first time I was like: Yeah whatever, if that makes you stop nagging...

But this time around I just defeated the king of the wild hunt there. I write my own destiny.

Last edited:
If you let the King of the Wild Hunt take him then you're basically admitting to being his bitch, like he says you are, IMO. I think Geralt should take the Grand Master for himself, not give it to this undead abomination who claims to have gotten myriad souls from his choices. Also, Grand Master's end would be a very personal matter for Geralt after all he put him through (and also because of their connection of which Geralt is unaware of), i think he would want to finish him himself and should do so.

As he's a monster hunter by trade, I considered it Geralts professional obligation to exterminate the monster

Top Bottom