Final fantasy 15

+
Final fantasy 15

So has anyone played it, (that's if you did not die from the 10 year wait). Ik jrpgs can be clichéd, but I cut my teeth on the FF series and some where not bad. 15 is bad lol, massive story plot holes, cut scenes that make no sence, seemingly important npc characters have no motives or back stories. To me it seems the started of with a linear game (the last 10 chapters and decided to slap a huge open empty world on the front of it). To many boring go fetch quests to. It took me 23 hours to complete the main story, but after playing Tw3, the bar has been set pretty high, so maybe I'm abit biased in my opinions lol.

feel free to comment

Potestaquisitor;n7201450 said:
feel free to comment

Didn't play it yet. It's on my "Dear Santa" list.

Your comment didn't do good to my expectations :D Although I think the old ones were better than these latest ones.

Forum veteran
Potestaquisitor;n7201450 said:
massive story plot holes, cut scenes that make no sence, seemingly important npc characters have no motives or back stories. To me it seems the started of with a linear game (the last 10 chapters and decided to slap a huge open empty world on the front of it). To many boring go fetch quests to.
The only way that could possibly sound like the XIII trilogy more is if you said that the characters constantly talk about friendship and overcoming adversity every ten minutes, then conveniently forget how inspired they were once the next cutscene shows up. The critic and user scores on Metacritic are almost identical to XIII, too. Amazing.

I thought about buying FF15 for a brief, fleeting moment based on the name and my love of the SNES and PS1 entries. Then I remembered that I've sworn to hate Square-Enix with a fiery passion so long as they have a hard-on for DRM and wearing my beloved Squaresoft's face around like a Halloween mask. They're basically what would happen if Ubisoft and EA's bad business practices had an incestuous lovechild with a severe learning disability. Maybe someday I'll find a place to rent it out of curiosity, assured that they'll never see a cent of my money. Until then, they can fuck right off into a volcano and take their F-grade storytelling with them.

(And if that comes across as a little hostile or unfriendly to anyone reading, imagine if EA acquired CDPR and destroyed every single thing that defined them as a developer. Not in a Bioware, there's-still-a-little-of-them-left kind of way, either. More in an "Interplay destroying Black Isle and then using their name in 2012 to milk crowdfunding money for a game that still shows no signs of actually existing" kind of way. That's Square-Enix, and I'll dance on their grave once they're gone.)

I completed this game some time ago. Still have several side quests to do, but since I made a stupid mistake and lost my nerves with the game because of that, this game is on hold for a while :D

Story wasn't anything earth shaking, so I hardly payed any attention to it. And because I didn't give it that much thought, I also didn't notice any major flaws with storytelling. There was a prince and his friends and the bad guy and blaa blaa blaa. You know, the usual stuff. Considering how many annoying things this game had, it was still surprisingly pleasant to play. It was the second game I managed to complete after Witcher 3, so that's already something. I really enjoyed the combat system in this game. All that point warping was awesome :) I think this combat system is one of the bests in this series that I have played. I also enjoyed riding chocobos a lot. It was a fun way to move around the world. I think that I'm not going to play this ever again, but it was entertaining one timer.

Flaws and annoyances:
- Every time when trying to interact with objects, I got the "Geralt and the candles" flashbacks. You think that you are pushing the action button when it highlights a certain action you want to do, but then comes the last second change and something totally different happens.
- I don't usually get annoyed by fetch quests, but this game took them to completely new level. I can handle the "get this and bring it to me" content, but when you complete one quest, you'll get the "exact same quest" from that exact same quest giver. Over and over and over and over again. THAT was a bit too much.
- Those freaking flying airship enemies... Specially when combined with the area where you need to look something and you can't find it instantly.
- Moving around before getting chocobos was painfully slow.
- When fighting in the bushes or in the forest, bushes and trees are effectively blocking the view.

I guess that's about it. Riding with chocobos and a nice combat system made it worth playing once :) Not sure though if it's worth a full price. Once I get over that my stupid mistake, I'm going to complete the rest of those optional quests that are still undone.

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n8061280 said:
I completed this game some time ago. Still have several side quests to do, but since I made a stupid mistake and lost my nerves with the game because of that, this game is on hold for a while :D

Story wasn't anything earth shaking, so I hardly payed any attention to it. And because I didn't give it that much thought, I also didn't notice any major flaws with storytelling. There was a prince and his friends and the bad guy and blaa blaa blaa. You know, the usual stuff. Considering how many annoying things this game had, it was still surprisingly pleasant to play. It was the second game I managed to complete after Witcher 3, so that's already something. I really enjoyed the combat system in this game. All that point warping was awesome :) I think this combat system is one of the bests in this series that I have played. I also enjoyed riding chocobos a lot. It was a fun way to move around the world. I think that I'm not going to play this ever again, but it was entertaining one timer.

Flaws and annoyances:
- Every time when trying to interact with objects, I got the "Geralt and the candles" flashbacks. You think that you are pushing the action button when it highlights a certain action you want to do, but then comes the last second change and something totally different happens.
- I don't usually get annoyed by fetch quests, but this game took them to completely new level. I can handle the "get this and bring it to me" content, but when you complete one quest, you'll get the "exact same quest" from that exact same quest giver. Over and over and over and over again. THAT was a bit too much.
- Those freaking flying airship enemies... Specially when combined with the area where you need to look something and you can't find it instantly.
- Moving around before getting chocobos was painfully slow.
- When fighting in the bushes or in the forest, bushes and trees are effectively blocking the view.

I guess that's about it. Riding with chocobos and a nice combat system made it worth playing once :) Not sure though if it's worth a full price. Once I get over that my stupid mistake, I'm going to complete the rest of those optional quests that are still undone.

Well I got my platinum trophy for it, but found the combat hit and miss....literally lol, some times I did not know what I was hitting and got stuck in the foliage abit to much. I downloaded the first dlc for it yesterday and finished it...its defiantly not an expansion.....more like a piece of the main game that was cut out and sold off later. These other developers need to know what good dlc is.....the need to take notes from the REDS!

Also I just finished Mass effect Andromeda .......meh.......it was not really good.....not one of Biowares best moments (I'm sure you have read the reviews and seen the meme and gifs around the net lol ( "My face......is.....tired...................of...everything")....thought it was kinda blown out of proportion ......well that's till I actually played it.

Top Bottom