Finally completed the game!

+
Finally completed the game!

What a ride. Story was real nice. Gotta admit, making game this way in chapters, it sure helps with the overall pacing and story telling. there is always certain problems combining open world and story telling. There was couple time the combat system made me rage quit.. Partly because i have terrible PC and i got some severe frame rate dips.. Espesially the Zeugl fight. omg im still sweating from that one..Almost gave up on the game at that point. I played HARD and the fps was horrible on that fight,really hard to actually hit the tentacles effectively. i actually went to the options and tried to lower the difficulty to easy.. but yeah. you cant do that :D . But i made it! So much worth it. the final fight with with Grand master was epic! Your choices in the game had a little bit of an impact to that fight. So good. There sure is some "questionable" design choices in the game.. some faults. But i guess this was CDPR first big game and so i guess its totally understandable. Its really unique experience i would say.

Guest 3847602

Buffed up Igni is great against the tentacles (and against pretty everything else in TW1), pausing and clicking on the target while paused would have also helped if you were struggling with frequent frame drops.
Anyway, glad to see you've enjoyed the experience and gave the game a chance despite some of its design flaws. It still is one of the most unique games for me, too.

Valvatti87;n7386720 said:
What a ride. Story was real nice. Gotta admit, making game this way in chapters, it sure helps with the overall pacing and story telling. there is always certain problems combining open world and story telling. There was couple time the combat system made me rage quit.. Partly because i have terrible PC and i got some severe frame rate dips.. Espesially the Zeugl fight. omg im still sweating from that one..Almost gave up on the game at that point. I played HARD and the fps was horrible on that fight,really hard to actually hit the tentacles effectively. i actually went to the options and tried to lower the difficulty to easy.. but yeah. you cant do that :D . But i made it! So much worth it. the final fight with with Grand master was epic! Your choices in the game had a little bit of an impact to that fight. So good. There sure is some "questionable" design choices in the game.. some faults. But i guess this was CDPR first big game and so i guess its totally understandable. Its really unique experience i would say.

I've just completed the game too. Been playing it on and off for quite some time, as I don't get chance a lot of the time. Yes totally agree, the story is really good. Having already played the Witcher 2, I love how this one leads right up to the next one, with the final cinematic having relevance to the very beginning of the next game (I'll avoid spoilers). It really gave the feeling throughout the game that CDPR had a clear understanding of how the story arc would go for all the games in the series. I couldn't recommend it more.

Top Bottom