Finishers for Monsters

+
Finishers for Monsters

One of the many things I love about this game is the finishers. Something amazing about seeing Geralt lop someones legs or arm off, and in some cases even cut them completely in half.

But then the monster combat is lacking a bit in this regard. Some enemies such as drowners, foglets, and such can be decapitated and while that's well and good, I think it would have been awesome to see special monster finishers.

Witcher 2 had a few and Witcher 3 should have them as well. The bigger monsters should have finishers where geralt climbs or jumps on them to stab them in the face or hit them in a weak spot. Maybe he can jump up and stab a cyclops in the eye.

Griffins, and Wyverns should be climbed on and stabbed in the head or neck. (Kind of like that Dandelion painting, he's got the right idea). Personally I would love to go all dragons dogma on a big monsters and have an active climbing system, but I'd still be very happy with finishing moves where Geralt, climbs them, finishes them, then jumps off looking badass.

Smaller or more human sized monsters like Drowners, Nekkers, and Foglets can have some of the same finishing animations as people.

Golems can have Geralt stab the crystal thingy in their torso or even destroy it or knock it out with a sign.

Also for armored humans and monsters with thicker hides, it would be cool to do murder strokes. A murderstrike is a finisher where the swordsman holds his sword by the blade(yes the blade) and strikes down using the crossguard as a makeshift ax or pick. It was a very effective way of dealing with enemies with armor and it would be great to see Geralt make use his entire sword as a weapon just like European longswords were designed for.

great suggestion
yes, tw2 has the finishers animation for monsters, they are awesome, too bad they're not anymore in tw3, hopefully it could be implemented in a patch or expansion or dlc.

Your ideas are truly awesome and I would love to see this.
One of the new cinematic monster finishers we can see when Geralt is finishing off this giant mutated frog monster in the Hearts of Stone DLC.

But this idea....... :D
Also for armored humans and monsters with thicker hides, it would be cool to do murder strokes. A murderstrike is a finisher where the swordsman holds his sword by the blade(yes the blade) and strikes down using the crossguard as a makeshift ax or pick.
.....this might hurt a little bit when performed without gauntlets.
Imagine Geralt hammering the swords crossguard on the helmet of an enemy with a loud "gooonnngggg" sound, and the enemy staggering around some steps and falling dead to the ground.
That`s a complete new variant of sword combat. :D

Oh look what we have here at 00:50 :D your idea has already been accepted by CDPR, that was fast!

Your ideas are truly awesome and I would love to see this.
One of the new cinematic monster finishers we can see when Geralt is finishing off this giant mutated frog monster in the Hearts of Stone DLC.

But this idea....... :D

.....this might hurt a little bit when performed without gauntlets.
Imagine Geralt hammering the swords crossguard on the helmet of an enemy with a loud "gooonnngggg" sound, and the enemy staggering around some steps and falling dead to the ground.
That`s a complete new variant of sword combat. :D

Oh look what we have here at 00:50 :D your idea has already been accepted by CDPR, that was fast!

Thank you and yes I already saw that vid with finishers for the W2. In fact back when I played it, I saw that finisher pop up a few times during my normal game play, so it's obvious that SOMEONE over at CDPR knows about halfswording and murderstrikes.

Now I would love to see it as real time finishers and not the cut scene finishers we had in W2. I mean, even Skyrim (which has HORRIBLE combat and animations for melee) has a couple of pretty cool finishers with their dragons, so it makes sense that Geralt should be easily able to jump on a wounded griffin, stab it in the head, and then jump hop looking badass.

A bit late but do you know if there is any progress on the matter. probably not but i still have hope for some potential monster finishers :D

A bit late but do you know if there is any progress on the matter. probably not but i still have hope for some potential monster finishers :D
I really doubt it. Maybe we'll get them in next gen upgrade but AFAIK it will include only some cosmetics from Netflix series.

this idea would be awesome. i love the finishers against the human/humanoid monsters. would love to see them on the bigger enemies

A finisher in which Geralt lops off the head of a Dragon (Eowyn style) would be so satisfying...

Top Bottom