Finneas is too difficult. This is a gamebreaker.

+
Finneas is too difficult. This is a gamebreaker.

Why in the h311 did you make Finneas so hard? I just want to play my dam game. Been stuck on the finneas fight for 3 days. This is my first CD Project Red game and most likely the last. I can go along the game just fine then blam. Road block. Do all your games have impossible to beat characters? F him and your game. Im not wasting anymore time.

Why in the h311 did you make Finneas so hard? I just want to play my dam game. Been stuck on the finneas fight for 3 days. This is my first CD Project Red game and most likely the last. I can go along the game just fine then blam. Road block. Do all your games have impossible to beat characters? F him and your game. Im not wasting anymore time.
Lol just load a saved game before starting the cards if you cant manage to beat him. Why the anger.

you can skip that quest and from what i know that quest never failed (failed only when you lost on Tournament)

Don't blame the game, if you don't know how to play it. You can skip the quest anyway ...
The game is a masterpiece.

It's not hard. Block when he's going to punch, then heavy punch. Rinse and repeat. You may even be able to sneak in a quick punch after the heavy punch.

I agree that this is too difficult. It might not be impossible to do but it is extremely frustrating, or in other words, NOT FUN. It's not the kind of challenging that feels rewarding, it's the kind of challenging that makes me want to throw my controller and never play the game. I didn't pay money to punish myself, I want to enjoy my very expensive game.

Also, considering I can deal with monsters 5 times my size with no difficulty on Death March, it makes no sense that I cannot defend myself from some piss-f*ck sore loser in a tavern.

I agree also. Pretty much impossible for me as well. I can handle any monsters coming at me, but I'm stuck with this quest now. It is frustrating.

Have half a mind of just sending my save game to someone who is better at fist fighting than I am... :p

---------- Updated at 01:48 PM ----------

Had to succumb to decreasing the difficulty level to the minimum to get through this. Hurt my pride, but at least I can continue the game without loading an earlier save...

I have been doing this for 5 hours now. I watched every f*cking video. I am lv35 and in hearts of stone now and this is f*king s*it. I had to do it. Easiest level config and now back to my story and sword difficulty.

It's a bit tricky as you need to get the timing right, but what I normally do is keep my distance and let the opponent come to me. Counter-attack, throw in 2-3 punches or a strong attack, then dodge away to open the distance again. Rinse and repeat. Just need to be patient.
I used the same tactic against the Tailor, the final boss in the Novigrad fist fights. It was a bit tricky but he went down eventually.
This is a NG+, B&BB difficulty.

Yeah, block, counterattack, punch, retreat, all the while moving around with dodges.
All fist fights are the same, even if the opponent is 20 levels above Geralt. I can't remember if Finneas does quick attacks; those can be hard to counterattack.

It's a bit grindy, but I still didn't think it was as bad as the Jenny'o'th'Woods fight. :D

But yeah, unfortunately, there are several enemies in the game that more or less demand timed blocks and countering. Also, much in the spirit of Dark Souls, don't get greedy during the boxing matches. Counter with one or two hits only, then go back on the defensive. Also, be sure you're dodging and not rolling if you are not countering with a timed block. It's critical to stay within range during the boxing matches or you wind up missing windows of opportunity to get a shot in.

I'm level 74, the mission was 77 (or 79? can't remember) and Finneas' level is 80 plus a red skull. I can land a few punches but it barely depletes his health while he can knock me out with 3 punches. He almost exclusively uses fast&light punches that I just can't parry. I noticed that if I back up a bit, it makes him throw slow & hard punches which are easy to counter. I had decent results. However what helped me at the end is that I cornered him and just never stopped hitting him. I kept on smashing my controller as fast as I could. After a few minutes of pummeling I landed enough strikes that he collapsed. Took me an hour to fight him. It was frustrating.

Last edited:
Bit of a necro but the biggest problem with this fight, even more than the other fist fights in the game, is that the controls on keyboard and mouse are absolutely f***ing terrible. Combine with the camera movement in the corners and it's just a total mess.

Top Bottom