Firesworn Commander rework

+
Lately I've been experimenting with Firesworns and I must that I really like them!
Playing as a Religious institution is very flavorful which is why I believe their leader ability should set them apart from the rest of the faction (simple criminals).

So, my idea is as follows:
"Congregate: you receive an additional Vault, which is filled not by money but by another currency called "devotion". Devotion can be acquired by playing certain cards (belonging to Firesworn, of course), performing certain actions and passively each turn. Acquiring Coins will stop passive devotion income for a turn, and having too many coins at once will actually punish you.
Devotion also disappears completely at the end of a round.
Finally you have a one charge order which drains all of your devotion, boosting all Firesworn units by 1.
The main adavantage however would be that this second currency can used for fees and tributes of firesworn cards.
The main disadvantage is that coins would Need to be managed very carefully and playing cards that don't belong to Firesworn would be harder

Managing them in this way would leave them as a marginal subgroup that would depend on cards designed exclusively for them, which would detract resources from the faction in general. Better that they remain criminals, after all that's what they are in the game.

Devotion as an ability can still be used on cards and thus allows all leaders to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom