First CDPR game I bought. I have zero hate. But why can I not change the F key to E and why is there zero support?

+
I play a lot of games and since the beginning of time E is select. And if E is not select, it's a simple key binding change. I was able to change all the other keys but why isn't there an option to change E? It's going to screw me up when I play other games if I need to relearn everything. So I go and look for support and there isn't support. Again I'm not here to hate. Some bad choices were made and such is life. I've done far worse dozens of times lol. Don't want a refund, and I badly want to play. But if some dumb mobile game has support, how does CDPR not have support? That is a big red flag and a sign that maybe they aren't that good considering whats happening. Never played witcher and only heard about Cyberpunk a few weeks ago so I pro ordered from GOG because the game looks cool, and they don't nail it down with DRM.

With nobody to contact and only a forum with god knows who here I'm left in the dark as I google seeing other people also can't change F to E. Other people also don't have support.

Such a bad first impression. If you can;t change F to E that means people who made the game are console players and have zero clue what every other PC game has done for eternity. I'm not happy right now. Consoles can't be updated so console players get what they get on consoles. Nothing to do with me. So I really have no opinion. But being on PC playing a game being forced to change the same select button I've used for decades. And now having zero support to contact about that or any other issue...I feel like everything happening makes sense now. The game looks amazing. But when you change E to F on PC and force it....you obviously have no idea whats been happening on PC since the start of gaming.

I'm going to end by saying I appreciate the dev's. It's insane the amount of work that goes into a game and a game like this and everything I've seen I BADLY want to play this now. But it's clear the handful of people above them...what are you doing.

Instead of: "Hey I can't change F to E on PC? Why is that. Do you plan of addressing that in the future? Thanks."

I'm forced to talk in front of who knows how many people so I might as well go all out here since I have an audience and am forced to get help from random people like me who are on the forum.

SMFH

EDIT: So I hit post and next to my name it says Rookie...Look at you CDPR. Who is the rookie? This whole experience Pi**** me off. I'm a rookie...Look in the mirror.

There's mods on the nexus that do that for you, or show you how to.

Appreciate the help friend. Really do. But there is a key binding menu. It just doesn't make any sense I need to go to a third party to do that. But I guess other people care about things like that. Craziness. But again. Really appreciate it. I'll check it out. Hope life is treating you good. Thank you.

Appreciate the help friend. Really do. But there is a key binding menu. It just doesn't make any sense I need to go to a third party to do that. But I guess other people care about things like that. Craziness. But again. Really appreciate it. I'll check it out. Hope life is treating you good. Thank you.
Welcome to the Early Access bud! Trust me there is plenty of things that dont make sense...

Like the AI in the game

Welcome to the Early Access bud! Trust me there is plenty of things that dont make sense...

Like the AI in the game
I'm fine with that. I have a feeling this will be the kind of game I can easily play many times. It'd be nice having less people trying to kill me the first time around. I'm all for the bad cop AI right now lol.
Post automatically merged:

If anyone else happens to have this problem I found a reddit post about "Bind the F key on PC". Not sure if I can share the link since if you don't know what you are doing it could permanently wreck the game(Don't be brave if that's you. One wrong move, you will have problems) If you don't know what an ini file is, go to nexus. But I really didn't want to use a mod so this lets you basically edit an ini file(But it's not an ini file) and you just go through a text file for a few minutes and change some things over to other things. Very painless.

...But there is a key bindings menu in game.............

..SMFH.

Time to enjoy the masterpiece. Don't try to reinvent the E button next time CDPR.

PS. Your company is worth over 8 BILLION DOLLARS (Give it a few years. That will easily double) How about you cheap pricks offer support.

With love,

Trevor

Last edited:
If anyone else happens to have this problem I found a reddit post about "Bind the F key on PC". Not sure if I can share the link since if you don't know what you are doing it could permanently wreck the game(Don't be brave if that's you. One wrong move, you will have problems) If you don't know what an ini file is, go to nexus. But I really didn't want to use a mod so this lets you basically edit an ini file(But it's not an ini file) and you just go through a text file for a few minutes and change some things over to other things. Very painless.
The worst that can happen is he will have to verify the game files or reinstall the game. He wont be f*cked forever.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear but... I have to change E to F in a lot of games.

F is my interact key in every game.
E is my melee/quick melee key in every game.
I won't ever change from using this config.

I have to switch it around in a bunch of games that have fail bindings. So I was happy that they picked F. It's the interact key choice of winners and clearly, CDPR have a bunch of winners working there, since they knew that F is the interact key of winners.

But I also support your ability to use the interact key of losers if you're a loser.
Like... should you not be able to be a loser if you want?

You should be able to use the E if you want (even if it very clearly should be your melee key).

(This entire post is full of sarcasm. But not really)

Top Bottom