First impressions of the hotfix

+
ConradBones1;n9121990 said:
I have been extremely critical of Gwent. There have been some toxic decks that have dominated the game (axe-men). These has been some ill-conceived card designs (Old Renew). There has been insufferable styles of play (old weather). Well, CDPR this last patch drop did a lot to help fix all that shit. The game is by no means perfect and do to the level of depth in the game it will likely never be, but this last patch was a huge step in the right direction. I would say CDPR has succeed this time. I also want to say i jumped the gun when I said NR was going to be the new SK. I should have waited a bit before running my mouth. What do yall think about this patch?

By old weather you mean new weather that was changed last patch right?

I think a lot of the same problems with game balance are still present, weather being changed has just happened to appease many players but the game has too many under powered to the point of worthlessness cards and a lot of cards that are punching way above their weight..

I'm still not a fan of how some of the cards were changed. Fog, my primary, doesn't seem to be terribly affected by the patch, but that's because so much syncs with it. Rain is somewhat useless as it is; if it worked on the highest units instead of the lowest it would better distinguish itself from Frost. Frost itself is okay, but Nithral is still somewhat meh. Going from two damage on each unit in a row to three damage on one unit is really not worth a silver slot.

And Aeromancy.. first it worked on Weather in the Graveyard AND Deck. The Weather Update restricted it to Bronze and Silver Weather cards, which I was perfectly good with. Now it can't pull from the graveyard, and I honestly think that is too much.

Top Bottom