First impressions of the hotfix

+
First impressions of the hotfix

So it was surprising to see that NR was nerfed just as hard as SK (I think). So far NR is not the top faction people were expecting. It's still good of course but I doubt it will be the absolute best faction. From what I have seen SK is still going to be either at the top or near to the top. Monsters consume looks to be doing just as great as ever. SC is interesting and I am not sure how viable it will be but I am guessing middle of the pack. I have not played any NG yet so it will be fun to see how they are doing.

I believe the game is a lot better now. I don't think one faction is going to absolutely smash the others like has been the case recently with first NG and then SK. I like how weather is not something people will build around anymore. Now it's just something to add to your deck if you can find a place for it. Weather isn't strong but at least with less people teching against it you might be able to catch them off guard. I'm having a lot of fun in casual right now just trying out different stuff to see what I like. No idea what I will play in ranked yet.

Arguably NR was hit harder then SK for some weird reason. Machines are practically deleted, sergeants can't buff silver cards, rever scout is now 1 str(why ffs). There is zero incentive to go long way to set up crew pockets for machines since you are just setting your self up for fail. They overdid it but I don't know what is reasoning behind it, and it would be nice if they gave some explanation.

There was nothing said about this on stream and suddenly they nerf so freaking hard it is insane.

I would say it's a tad early to make any formidable conclusions ....even for first impressions

TheShift;n9082130 said:
I would say it's a tad early to make any formidable conclusions ....even for first impressions

It was unexpected to find so many nerfs that wasn't in the stream.

partci

Forum veteran
They are thinning your deck in familiar way.

It's only fair for both to be at the same STR spot, don't you think?

Plus, you have to be happy now, cause the NG Rot Tossers will barely do any damage to your Kaedwenis. ;)

I've been playing sort of a monsters buff/swarm hybrid with 2 mardreome and succubus for the double scorch -5 for removal.

Works better than anything else i've tried, of course thats just in casual though. No idea why i'm still using water hag with weather the way it is and all the armour out there. Maybe swap it out for grave hag?

pretty surprised thats been working so good, I was expecting to get crushed by NR but it holds its own

Eydok;n9082330 said:
Nerf monsters. They are simply unbeatable no matter what you do.
wtf , monsters were nerfed enough, my eredin deck was destroyed, i had to switch to swarm deck with Elder.
Dont be afraid of consume, use igni,madroeme,twisted mirror.
I ranked i lost some games to reveal NG, seems very strong. Was glad to see some nerfs to NR cuz were OP before the patch, they still have thaler+cavalery combo that give them a card for free, very anoying.
Also got destroyed in a match by RNR because i played eary first ligtht for harpy.
My surprise was Sucubus, still good card.
And Carantir which i dont use anymore but my oponent had a crazy combo with OldSpeartip

Link3933;n9082600 said:
No idea why i'm still using water hag with weather the way it is and all the armour out there. Maybe swap it out for grave hag?

Um. Because Water Hag has Clear Skies for emergencies and Lacerate to clean-up a long row of enemies. Just because she has rain attached to her does not make her useless let alone the only ability she has.

I use Water Hag and Grave Hag in my consume deck. I have no plans to swap out either- unless a future patch makes it to where I need too.

partci;n9082470 said:
They are thinning your deck in familiar way.

It's only fair for both to be at the same STR spot, don't you think?

Plus, you have to be happy now, cause the NG Rot Tossers will barely do any damage to your Kaedwenis. ;)

No they don't novice just triggers ability of spy again scout pulls same unit from deck.

They did to ruin synergy not equalize with some unit in other faction. You are right tossers won't damage since I won't be playing them :D

Waterhag was great with carantir, but i replaced them with comanders horn+ neutral zoltan

Villentretenmerth is better now at least for me because when he hits twice he might hit me and opponent plus 9str is so good now. So he can be played a lot easier now and can achieve a lot.

OG.laloquaint;n9082080 said:
Really bummed out about Calveit

I'm surprisingly suffering no real issues in my spy deck.

I always used Royal Decree and non-synergy Golds like Geralt Igni, so that plus the mill ability I have with emissary/novices means I can pretty much guarantee my non-hand Silvers with Calviet/Cahir and that leaves Golds pretty well set in terms of guessing when they'll arrive.

I still think it's a completely unnecessary change, but my spy deck is rolling along nicely and I ended the session having completed my daily stuff and going 5 of 7.

Last edited:
B4 the hotfix I had 50% win rate with NR, now it just dropped to 30%.
I really, really don’t understand why NR was so badly nerfd.
for starters NRs golds are so shit compared to the other factions, same for bronzes where the others you can the players buffing to around 20 points.
WHY?

UsrnameTaken;n9083040 said:
WHY the F you hate on Villentretenmerth so much? I had barely any use for this card, for two reasons. ONE it needs 3 damn turns to unleash its effect and TWO it's effect is done when the opponet finishes his round, so he can do plenty stuff like weakening his own units to save the ass or buff MY units to scorch it! And because he only destroys a unit once now, it would only effect me! Not to mention Dimeritium shackles, so Villentretenmerth is actually a worse valiable option than scorch and this is a complete bummer -_- Also, since 3 rounds are needed, it barely makes any sense to hold this card for the last round, especially because most players just hold so deer that one f-ing card which spams 3 crowns or 3 witchers or gold cards, you name it. So to actually make ANY use of it, I would need to win round 1 and be in round 2. So this being said, I think they, the devs made a complete joke of one of my favourite book characters. And because it is not valiable to either have Myrgtabrakke nor Villentretenmerth in my deck, I have no fun playing Gwent anymore, so might stop it immediately, if the devs wont fix him in the near future.

Meh. It's now a tech card instead of an I win button.

UsrnameTaken;n9083040 said:
WHY the F you hate on Villentretenmerth so much? I had barely any use for this card, for two reasons. ONE it needs 3 damn turns to unleash its effect and TWO it's effect is done when the opponet finishes his round, so he can do plenty stuff like weakening his own units to save the ass or buff MY units to scorch it! And because he only destroys a unit once now, it would only effect me! Not to mention Dimeritium shackles, so Villentretenmerth is actually a worse valiable option than scorch and this is a complete bummer -_- Also, since 3 rounds are needed, it barely makes any sense to hold this card for the last round, especially because most players just hold so deer that one f-ing card which spams 3 crowns or 3 witchers or gold cards, you name it. So to actually make ANY use of it, I would need to win round 1 and be in round 2. So this being said, I think they, the devs made a complete joke of one of my favourite book characters. And because it is not valiable to either have Myrgtabrakke nor Villentretenmerth in my deck, I have no fun playing Gwent anymore, so might stop it immediately, if the devs wont fix him in the near future.

You seem to have not had the refined pleasure of having to play against Skellige decks that pretty much only played golds in round 3 together with Villentretenmerth, in which it was pretty much uncounterable if things went according to plan. Trying to make a card work because you like the character is fine, but it always was pretty specific and did not work in many decks to begin with. It can still work well in a deck with a lot of damaging effects so you can line the other side up in a way that you hit a lot with it (assuming you want to go with the whole need-to-include-that-one-card-because gimmik, which will disappoint you at some point to matter what the devs do).

Eydok;n9082330 said:
Nerf monsters. They are simply unbeatable no matter what you do.

More than they already did??? Dagon and Eredin are almost useless now, weather builds are terrible! I've been playing against monsters today and everybody was using Unseen Elder, looks like that each patch that is lauched each faction loses one different build, everybody is doing the same strategy over and over again.

Top Bottom