First impressions of the hotfix

+
Unseen Elder isn't doing that we'll in consume either.
It's been my main since OB launch..
I'm afraid that Monsters have just been demoted to junk status.
Outside of the weather nerf (which I rarley played anyway..cuz I hate the spam) now it will be consume as the main deck played (maybe) and my worst fear has been realised...Grave Hag didn't get any kind of buff and is now target number one in the 3rd round.
Anyone that plays this game and plays against consume knows right off the bat that consume relys on her and keeps anything and nothing to EASILY kill her before she triggers.. either a lock or just knocked right off the board. It's turned into a big joke really.

Monsters has been put into a very small box
no versatility and very predictable ..and just about every faction can walk all over it.with ease.

I played against to Axemen/Bears/Yencon/SK storm /sheild maidens
and to be honest..I didn't see any change
it pounded me into oblivion just like it has the last few weeks

at this point I'm just scratching my head and wondering wtf

I have,for the last Couple weeks been building on Skellige..I only have 4 golds left to get..I have tripple bronze and I'm going to just join the sheep and net deck
I'm turning my back on monsters for awhile until the devs can make it more versitIe or change something for the better..I just feel like monsters has been beat into an oblivion (unless you like spaming weather) but even that I guess is gone now

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9083100 said:
Villentretenmerth is better now at least for me because when he hits twice he might hit me and opponent plus 9str is so good now. So he can be played a lot easier now and can achieve a lot.

He's a scorch with base value and a timer, I highly doubt he will ever see any real usage.

Honestly, my impression post hotfix is the same as it was after about a week of OB. Unfortunately, I feel obligated to reserve sharing my full opinion as there is no forum appropriate way to express it :). Game feels like a mess. Odd considering near the end of CB it did not give the same feeling, despite it's faults.

Restlessdingo32;n9084820 said:
Honestly, my impression post hotfix is the same as it was after about a week of OB. Unfortunately, I feel obligated to reserve sharing my full opinion as there is no forum appropriate way to express it :). Game feels like a mess. Odd considering near the end of CB it did not give the same feeling, despite it's faults.

So far I still feel like it's far better than the last two patches. When NG was dominating, that was annoying. When SK was dominating, that was annoying. Weather spam was of course also annoying. Unless I am wrong about this I feel like the game is far more balanced and fun than it has been in awhile.

StrykerxS77x;n9084870 said:
So far I still feel like it's far better than the last two patches. When NG was dominating, that was annoying. When SK was dominating, that was annoying. Weather spam was of course also annoying. Unless I am wrong about this I feel like the game is far more balanced and fun than it has been in awhile.

It's no less imbalanced than before, you just have less things to play around - namely the entire weather mechanic.

Redcoat2012;n9085460 said:
It's no less imbalanced than before, you just have less things to play around - namely the entire weather mechanic.

So what's dominating the game like those two factions were?

NR machines and sergeant decks seem weaker actually, ironically everyone scream they will be OP after patch. The armor variant seems better though.
SK still quite strong. Bears are hard to kill and they can just resurrect them. At least weather spam is not as bad.
Consume Monster seem to be hardest to beat in my impression as NR, not saying it's OP yet. Didn't see any Weather Monster deck for obvious reasons.
NG reveal is quite strong too although have weakness to scorch in third round.
ST....still a mess. Elven mercenary buff is much need though. It's still a messy faction with Dwarf being the most viable.

My impressions:
NR - is weird now. If you can get the cards armoured up it's pretty good, but if you don't it's a bit soft...
M - only played my consume deck so far, no noticeable change to that - the harpies are a point weaker, but their main benefit is the eggs anyway.
NG - reveal seems a bit stronger, but I just got a couple of decent silvers so don't know if it's due to the fix or just having a better deck...
NG - spies seems about the same
SC - seemed a bit weaker, but in my first game I got taken apart by an NR side so maybe just unfamiliarity with the new NR setup.
SK - seems about the same give or take, although the berserker is great now!

I like the weather improvements - it's not such a killer now. You still take damage but you can brazen it out now if it looks like there's only a couple of hands to play.

re: Villentretenmerth - heh the last three times people have played him against me they've had to lock him out (or try!) seems like a liability to me, so reducing it to just one hit is probably safer!!

Seems like every post says the same to the devs:

SK - super OP
M - weather is dead consume is the main
NG - The same
SC - Nerfed but playable
NR - Machines are dead along with with Sergeants

Doll Blathanna Protector must be nerfed URGENTLY!
cant compete with 20 strength and 4 cards in the last round all the time.
Card is better than any f...ing gold.

My experience so far:

SK > 7.5 - 8/10

Monsters > Consume\Swarm > 8.5 - 9/10 | Weather > Dead

NG > Spies > 7/10 | Reveal > 7.5 - 8/10

NR > 7/10

Scoia'tael's are fooking fracking terrorists. Hate 'em. Vernon Bro che!:yes:

Last edited:
The patch has been out one day. One day. Last patch, everyone thought SK was officially dead. It ended up being the dominant faction for most of the ladder and most or the duration for the patch.

I think it should be pretty obvious that the meta needs to grow a bit, before we can actually take conclusions.

I honestly think pure MS consume is going to be tier 1 in this patch. It was hardly nerfed, kept all of its strengths and all of its bad MU's were severely nerfed. I may be wrong though.

I think it's obvious that if the weather does end up working well as it is now, then basically every unit which played around it will kinda need to be balanced out, as they were created with the past iteration of weather in mind. WH is obviously the most afflicted archetype with this. But I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of this, and will balance accordingly.

rogeriofi;n9088390 said:
Doll Blathanna Protector must be nerfed URGENTLY!
cant compete with 20 strength and 4 cards in the last round all the time.
Card is better than any f...ing gold.

If you losing to Spell SC you are doing it wrong. Especially after the patch. If you need rec. as to how to deal with this deck, create a separate topic and you'll know the secret.

Northern Realms strategy last patch was to try and win round one, drain the opponent round two, and play Witchers round three. Didn't matter what you did that first round, but because NR doesn't have a win condition, you were more or less forced into playing Witchers. That was a tier 2 deck last patch.

Northern Realms strategy this patch? Exact same thing, except now your round one strategy is weaker with machines and your Witchers are weaker with out the sergeant's buff.

I gained 100 MMR (at 2900) playing Eredin Weather, it's not as useless as many thought; granted, I think I won't get past 3k, at least for now.

Finally, I say "finally!" the weather is not oppressive anymore.

Perhaps a little weak, but a nerf had to be done. They'll buff it a little next time if needed, but so far I had some among the best matched I played since February.

StrykerxS77x;n9084870 said:

It has less to do with the balance and more to do with how the game fundamentally plays since OB started. CB and OB feel like completely different games, which has been the case since day one of OB. Quite frankly, CB was a better game. As much as certain individuals want to brush it off as being early into OB, or early into a hotfix responsible for arguably breaking as much as it fixed, the meta is absolute shit right now IMO. Even when it has changed or "shifted" throughout OB, this part has not changed. Feel free to disagree.

StrykerxS77x;n9081970 said:
I like how weather is not something people will build around anymore. Now it's just something to add to your deck if you can find a place for it.

So tell me what Dagon is supposed to do? And people that played him? Weather wasn't just some sideshow for some decks, it was an important part of manipulating the board.

kpmop;n9085600 said:
I like the weather improvements - it's not such a killer now. You still take damage but you can brazen it out now if it looks like there's only a couple of hands to play.

By "brazen it out" do you mean "not respond to at all"? I'm not certain what was so hard about responding to weather, even without direct counters. Staggering odd/even Power in a row against rain or fog, boosting against frost..

Honestly, with the way everyone complains I should have had a 100% win record. And with all the claims of weather spam, you do realize with every weather card in my hand I have less options to do anything else? What good is damaging the highest unit on a row by 2 if that stupid Ambassador keeps giving them my plans? Or if reinforced ballistae shoot down everything? Or Queensguard spawn more of themselves?

So many methods of fighting through/ignoring weather, but apparently complaining was the way to go.

Top Bottom