First Person Mode In TW3 (outside combat - Poll)

+

• I love first persion view, bring it on!

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • As long as it's optional, why not?

Votes: 56 22.8%
  • Let's just keep the Witcher series third person.

Votes: 150 61.0%
  • I hate first person view.

Votes: 31 12.6%

• Total voters

So the idea is simple. What if we had the option to choose first person mode while exploring the beauty of the Northern Kingdoms? In combat the game would automatically switch back to third person (when you draw your sword or cast a sign), for obvious reasons. What do you think?

A first person view would only be useful if you had a FOV slider and could actually see more. Considering there's not going to be a FOV slider, I don't think you'll see any more in FP then TP. Geralt doesn't take up 'that' much of the screen.

Just seems like a waste of time.

Nope. Witcher should be a third person game. This is coming from someone who likes to use first person in Elder Scrolls games. Third person gives more environmental awareness which is key for Geralt to survive in combat.

Pass. Sorry.

I kind of don't see the sense in that. There is no Stealth (where 1st person might be more tense) or any shooting (aside crossbow) or anything that would really give a 1st person view a sense in the world of the Witcher, aside from "everything is bigger".

It's a great idea especially for taking screenshots and exploring but it's not as simple as just slapping on a first person camera. Basically the visuals, and the world are created around the idea of playing it in third person, so it would take a lot of rework in order to implement a first person camera.

If you want to try TW2 in first person download "Rise of the Sword", it's a combat redesign mod with a lot of cool camera and FOV options. Buut the camera doesn't feel very natural.
I also played a bit of TW1 in first person, but mostly because you walk around a lot and I thought it would be a nice change of visuals. There is a special first person mod for TW1.

Last edited:
Nope. Game should be 3rd person. I do really, really want a free camera mode, with the ability to freeze the game, for taking screenshots however.

A first person perspective is pointless in a game in which you play a certain predefined character. These games are about "caring" not about "being". Third person perspective is the best camera position for this kind of games.

I think the "personal preferences" part should be left to modders instead of wasting development time on it.
First person cameras, closer cameras, "Immersive":realmad: cameras.

It's a great idea especially for taking screenshots and exploring but it's not as simple as just slapping on a first person camera.
You might be right. Actually, I haven't even played Skyrim, I don't think fpv is a must, but it would be a nice-to-have feature for me. For taking screenshots they could at least easily implement fpv only when you're standing, so you could just look around freely with the camera. I think that's doable (and good enough for me) and I've seen it in some games.

maybe a button for first person just to inspect some locations.
Either way, Im sure on PC there will be a mod for it anyways.
Yeah, easy to implement, doesn't hurt anyone.

Last edited:
maybe a button for first person just to inspect some locations.
Either way, Im sure on PC there will be a mod for it anyways.

Given that this topic is probably a little late in the day for TW3, you might want to take it over to the Cyberpunk forum. They've been arguing the same point for over a year...

And they could do with some new blood over there.

Top Bottom