First Person Mode In TW3 (outside combat - Poll)

+

First Person Mode In TW3 (outside combat - Poll)

• I love first persion view, bring it on!

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • As long as it's optional, why not?

Votes: 56 22.8%
  • Let's just keep the Witcher series third person.

Votes: 150 61.0%
  • I hate first person view.

Votes: 31 12.6%

• Total voters
I'd prefer a closer camera, but not a first person view. Third person view is the best to admire combat animations.

I want to clash into the battles right behind Geralt.

I'd prefer a closer camera, but not a first person view. Third person view is the best to admire combat animations.
I want to clash into the battles right behind Geralt.
But no one's talking about fpv during combat. Anyway, now that I think of it, I'd just like a screenshot-mode, so you could take pictures of the beautiful or haunting vistas you encounter, when, for example, you're on the top of a mountain or something. I think that would be fairly easy to implement.

But no one's talking about fpv during combat. Anyway, now that I think of it, I'd just like a screenshot-mode, so you could take pictures of the beautiful or haunting vistas you encounter, when, for example, you're on the top of a mountain or something. I think that would be fairly easy to implement.

That seems to be the best solution. After all, at this stage of development, we should aim only to the really necessary changes, like animations, move-set variety, A.I., frame rate and resolution.

I think it could be useful if you could go in first person view while standing still to have a nice detailed look around. The game looks beautiful and I'm sure people will be eager to often take their time and enjoy the scenery. Having the ability to look at things from a 1st person perspective might be helpful.

That being said I don't think it should be too officially supported since it might bring with it a ton of potential issues that would need to be QAd. It's way more work then it's worth, so I think the possibility for a work around (ie: Console command, ini modification, ect...) to make it work would be just fine.

I think it could be useful if you could go in first person view while standing still to have a nice detailed look around.
Agree - I don't care if that would be first person view or some panoramatical view, but it would be nice to have chance to meditate for a while in beautiful landscape.

In case of game and normal playing - no. Maybe just few special moments, but not during gameplay. I want to see white wolf and his dance with his blade, not just two hands.

As long as the camera angles are good, I'm fine here either way; it's a SP game, so whether you're in 1PV or 3PV, you're not affecting anyone else's game.

My concern with the camera in 3PV are often seen from bad developers who are used to console development, but don't make the needed adjustments when porting to PC, and you end up feeling like you're right on the person's shoulder, and your Field of View is too narrow. That can completely ruin a game for me. In fact, there have been games like that which provided no fix that I ended up quitting rather than playing them out.

if you put in a first person view, you shouldn't be able to use it while moving. because the camera just wouldn't work with the third person exploration. though something like what is in the legend of zelda, where you can look around in a first person just to view your surroundings without moving, is fine because it doesn't effect game play.

I personally avoid any truly first person game,
But I like first person when :
First person only use for seeing the surrounding, kinda like camera in other games
So If optional it is great.

Oh thinking about it, please add camera view mode, I want to see Ciri up close and personal ...and other good in game models.

Last edited:
I think I should've put in an option for the 'looking around only' idea, nevermind. Thanks for voting and commenting!

Last edited:
my first thought was hell no, but...........when i think about......it would be interesting, to see how this would change the way we look at the environment, it would be dumb to say just no, you have to look at this like its an experiment, of course that shouldnt be the job of CD, but if some modders would do it, it would probably be worth to give it a try

How the hell are we gonna loook at Geralt's butt at first person?!!??!?!?!?! Or the cool fucking armor that we just upgraded? Or the Hair bouncing mechanincs =D, future hair bouncing mecanics, for ultimate bouncing, because Geralt is worth it!!!! Sorry man, I pass =(

I wouldn't care for it in TW3, but I also wouldn't object to it being there as an option, as long as nothing else is affected by its implementation.

On another note though, I really hope we get a wide selection of camera angle/distance options in the release version of the game.

Imo CDPR should be focusing on two things: polishing the game, and getting RED kit ready. That way modders can do stuff like this. CDPR is busy enough. As a side note, when I first installed FCR in TW1, a glitch caused the whole game to take place in first person. It was interesting for about 10 minutes.

I played skyrim in first-person, where as most every else I knew played it in third-person. However, The Witcher games are not like skyrim and control way different with Geralt's mobility. So it's third-person for me. No problem with having the option though, seeing as it's single-player.

Top Bottom